Blog Comments

Dinner went well, with everyone well fed and some great memories by the end of the evening. Lena and I even made it downtown to see the high school's adaptation of A Christmas Carol. A great day!
    Regarding your previous post, you seem to be motivating people to do all kinds of things. I enjoyed the men's group, too (and not just because I got a great free CD out of it!)

Today's practice was a hoot; that may be the only caroling I do this year; and I kind of consider it the official start of Christmas celebrations (well, that and also the Christmas cookie bake-off that my mom and I do each year, which we started last week).

Will try to have a complete Christmas song memorized by next year.

Hope your dinner went well. And thanks for the treats!
    Quote Originally Posted by StewartACarroll
    That first photo looks like an Ansel Adams. Beautiful time of the year and amazing pictures. Great swimming! That 200 fly is a great time. I admire you for swimming it in the first place and to swim a great time as well. I am glad you had fun!
    One of the things I love about this area is the sharp difference with all four seasons, and especially the wintertime scenes like the one following this last snowstorm. I'm also thankful for safe travel and the opportunity to hop in the water. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by GregJS
    Hey, looks like the "fast" showed up. Nice going! And you got all four strokes in, which is really cool. Hope you had a nice time in the city, too.

Glad to see you got some photos of that winter wonderland up on the hill. I've never seen trees so completely whited-out before. Really amazing especially with the sunlight and blue skies we had yesteday.
    I always forget how wonderful it is up on the hill. A friend described the scene as "bluebird" which is pretty much right on. A round about way to doing an IM, but it got me out of swimming the 200 IM!
    Quote Originally Posted by aztimm
    Great times! Especially that breaststroke!
    How was the crowd at the meet this year?
    Thanks, Tim! I was just happy I didn't try to tackle the 200 breast again! There was a slightly smaller crowd this year, but the stands and deck were full. I missed running into the usual forumite crew.
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    Beautiful pictures of the route (and the pool). Looks like you had some good swims and a great time. Sometimes I find it more special to go to just one day of a multi-day event; it gives each race more importance.
    Thanks, Patrick. I agree that being able to focus on a smaller number of events is beneficial, although I like the challenge of a full slate as well. Glad that your oldest is back home; I know that as a dad it is so great to have the family whole again.
    That first photo looks like an Ansel Adams. Beautiful time of the year and amazing pictures. Great swimming! That 200 fly is a great time. I admire you for swimming it in the first place and to swim a great time as well. I am glad you had fun!
    Hey, looks like the "fast" showed up. Nice going! And you got all four strokes in, which is really cool. Hope you had a nice time in the city, too.

Glad to see you got some photos of that winter wonderland up on the hill. I've never seen trees so completely whited-out before. Really amazing especially with the sunlight and blue skies we had yesteday.
    Great times! Especially that breaststroke!
    How was the crowd at the meet this year?
    Beautiful pictures of the route (and the pool). Looks like you had some good swims and a great time. Sometimes I find it more special to go to just one day of a multi-day event; it gives each race more importance.
    Looks like a nice, smooth recovery - good form. Nice goggles, too.
    Nice!
    We'll have to make a team trip up that way to check out that pool. Glad you are where you are, it's a great thing.
    Looks like a very interesting workout - although I can't say I'm too upset about missing all that vertical kicking. Got a decent swim in today at the Johnson State College pool, which has got to be a contender in the "pool with most gorgeous view" category.

Still basking in the glow of the retreat (although looking after a house full of kids and animals for a few days definitely induces something of a shift in focus!)

Glad to hear you're smelling "normal" again.
    The hills in VT and NH are showing their fall colors generally from the end of Sept through the first couple of weeks of Oct. A great getaway for the family or excuse to tack on an extra couple of days to a business trip, and I can help you find some more pools to add to your list
    Gorgeous pictures. I definitely need to make it up to your neck of the woods in the fall. I've never been north (in the US) of Boston, but it's a part of the country I very much need to tour.
    Isn't it a small world, Bill? That is an awesome story - thanks for sharing!

Keep progressing on the recovery, it would be great to meet you if we both can make it to Boston.
    Mike,

In August of 1965 when I was 15 my sea scout group sailed along the LI Sound from Watch Hill to New Haven. We had 4 small sloops with 3 in each and camped on the beaches along the way. On August 6 my Dad intercepted me at the Westbrook beach, because my Mom had given birth to my youngest brother, Chris, that night. I guess he used the itinerary to find me, cause there weren't any phone booths on the beach nor cell phones.

Hoping to come up for the December NE champs meet. Take care Mike.
    Thanks, Tim

The Leaf Peeper meet is usually a fast one, although I have yet to make it. I'll again try to this year: http://adms.org/meets/2014-2015/2014...epers_UVAC.pdf

I'm also planning to make it down again to BU - always fun and a great chance to catch up with my swimming friends
    Great pictures! Sounds like some great open water swimming!

I noticed a, "Leaf Peepers," meet in VT in late October. Are you doing that one too?

Thanks for sharing the dates for the BU meet. I've been checking the NEM website, but hadn't seen it posted. I'll keep an eye on airfare now
    I've done that meet 3x now, and intend to keep going.
Page 1 of 42 1234511 ... LastLast