Blog Comments

I am looking forward to a fun and busy weekend, Joel. Thanks!

Tom, I am still on the fence about LGOWS, mostly due to the travel commitment for Spire. If I sign up it will be near the deadline. The toughest thing there is finding reasonably-priced rooms!

I was able to find a team in the city at Cleveland State, Tim. If Preston ends up going to school there I will touch base with you about Solon (if I can survive one of those practices!). I will put West Side Market on the list for considertaion while we are in town.

Thanks all!
    Sounds like quite a trip you have planned
    Hope everything goes smoothly!

My brother & family live in the Cleveland area, and I've visited several times. Despite what you hear, it really is a great place! Make sure you get to the West Side Market.
    I swam with a, "masters," team when I visited 2 years ago (was really a kids team with a few masters), but workouts were pretty brutal, about 5-6,000m each. It was down in Solon, let me know if you want more info.
    cool, good luck and enjoy! I didn't get a chance to sign up for Nationals due to work conflicts. But, I will try to go up to Lake George and do at least one nationals.
    Good luck and enjoy!

Looks like you have quite a busy weekend planned
    caffeinated?

A blast of lung air will clear them dropplets
    Thanks Fish. OW is a different world, just remember to breathe and stay within yourself. I take every chance to practice sighting, play with stroke based on the conditions, and explore the depths! Most importantly, have fun
    Enjoyed your post! I'm doing open water swims with a group Tuesday nights (weather/water conditions permitting), and it's so enjoyable, especially on hot days when I can jump into some nice cool water! The security of the pool isn't there, but at the same time, there's so much beauty around that it gives me a different kind of security! Tonight I have an open water race (just 800m--part of a series of races). I'm not fast, so these are about working on skills and trying to improve. I still get anxious if people crowd too close, but I'm working on that!
    Thanks Bill. A good weekend. Happy Father's Day to you
    My mouth is watering looking at the strawberries. Great community relay too Mike.
    I signed up for the 100 free... I wonder if it's possible to add the 50? I'll see. It will be like 1993 all over again
    I figured that you have the fly events nailed down, so I signed up for the 800, 400im, 50free, and 200back. Will we duel in the 50free?
    Competition! What are you planning to swim?
    It was fun - just need more people to really get tossed around
    The open water hustle and bustle experience was good fun! Might not have been quite the Tough Mudder going on at Mt. Snow this weekend, but tough enough for this mudder.
    Repairing the dryer yourself is very rewarding in many ways. When my husband fixed ours, we found $22 in change and a pair of earings.
    It was a great meet and lots of fun (at least for those of us who did not do 500fly)! Now, what do I have to do to get some of those stroopwafels?
    Spent a whole hour in the pool today!
    Woo Hoo!
    That was actually very helpful. You're right about having air in the lungs making it easier to float. The buoy helps too.

Thank you!!!
    Good luck on the roads tomorrow and have a great time at the clinic.
    Nice job on that fly!
    Hi Lucy,

The Shark swim that I do is a little different than the freestyle drill that you are looking for help with. I was able to find a video that might help with the drill

I think one of the keys to this drill is having a strong enough kick to stay horizontal on the water, and the ability to have air in the lungs to help with buoyancy. I would suggest making sure that your body returns to horizontal when you are in the "fin" stage. Also, using a pull buoy for the extra flotation might help keep you body from sinking.

I hope that this helps you out
    Updated March 28th, 2015 at 11:39 PM by rxleakem
Page 1 of 44 1234511 ... LastLast