Blog Comments

Thanks Karl, it was a fun event for my first Nationals. I was pleased with my swims and enjoyed meeting many from the blogs.

I am not yet ordained, but a temporary officiant which is allowable under Vermont law (kinda like a fill in justice of the peace). I was able to work with a pastor friend to plan a special ceremony
    Hey, I just saw your posts from Nationals. Nice swims! (I was on vacation and didn't read the blogs for a while.) The 400 IM and 200 back on the same day, yikes that had to hurt. I like how you sneaked a fast 50 in between the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by rxleakem

I preformed the marriage of my sister-in-law and her fiance.
    Ah, that makes good sense - and now we know that you are ordained. I suppose that I should have guessed that, but all I could think of was that you were using a form of the expression, "I married my daughter off...". Anyway, I got a good laugh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karl_S

um, say what?

I preformed the marriage of my sister-in-law and her fiance.
    Just checking to see if anyone reads my blog...
    Last week I married my sister-in-law...
    um, say what?
    Back to school... enjoy!
    Thanks Greg - it was a great trip, full of fast swimming then fun sightseeing. I'll be at the pool this weekend if you can make it
    Welcome back to SoVT, Mike - and congratulations on your first Nationals and some truly significant swims! Sounds like you and Preston had a good time out there. Hope to catch you in the pool before the rec center does it's 2-week shut-down.
    Thanks for stopping by and chatting a bit with me during the day Saturday. You looked great in the water and provide encouragement and a smile.
    Thanks guys! Despite the pressure I often put on myself, I really do enjoy the opportunity to compete. This has been a really fun meet for me. It's nice to be relaxing right now
    Great to meet you Mike and you swam great. Safe travels home.
    Continued success and thanks for the update on your journey!
    Great job!
    Shave, what is that going to take you, 5 minutes! It must be nice! Good luck at Nationals. I am bummed that I couldn't get up there this year again and when it is on the east coast yet again. Well, hopefully, next year!
    I am looking forward to a fun and busy weekend, Joel. Thanks!

Tom, I am still on the fence about LGOWS, mostly due to the travel commitment for Spire. If I sign up it will be near the deadline. The toughest thing there is finding reasonably-priced rooms!

I was able to find a team in the city at Cleveland State, Tim. If Preston ends up going to school there I will touch base with you about Solon (if I can survive one of those practices!). I will put West Side Market on the list for considertaion while we are in town.

Thanks all!
    Sounds like quite a trip you have planned
    Hope everything goes smoothly!

My brother & family live in the Cleveland area, and I've visited several times. Despite what you hear, it really is a great place! Make sure you get to the West Side Market.
    I swam with a, "masters," team when I visited 2 years ago (was really a kids team with a few masters), but workouts were pretty brutal, about 5-6,000m each. It was down in Solon, let me know if you want more info.
    cool, good luck and enjoy! I didn't get a chance to sign up for Nationals due to work conflicts. But, I will try to go up to Lake George and do at least one nationals.
    Good luck and enjoy!

Looks like you have quite a busy weekend planned
    caffeinated?

A blast of lung air will clear them dropplets
    Thanks Fish. OW is a different world, just remember to breathe and stay within yourself. I take every chance to practice sighting, play with stroke based on the conditions, and explore the depths! Most importantly, have fun
Page 1 of 45 1234511 ... LastLast