View RSS Feed

Maple Syrup with a Side of Chlorine

My wife and kids motivated me to get my big belly back into the pool after buying a pair of SwiMP3's for Christmas in 2008. I focused on swimming the Peaks To Portland (Maine) 2.4 mile swim in July, 2010, and have added meets and consistent training since then. I mostly swim on my own because I am only able to get together with the local Master's workout group a couple of times a month. I love the backstroke and short free events, and I have a newly discovered fondness for Open Water, having completed my first 10K in Sept '11 and 10 mile in July '12.

My faith in Christ sees me through the exhausting practices and long hours driving to competitions (well, everything day by day, actually), and helps to keep me grounded in the knowledge that the events are only to give me feedback on how my training is progressing. If you're interested, just ask.

------
Check out my swimmer info page here.

1. Workout 12/15/13: afternoon

by , December 15th, 2013 at 03:03 PM (Maple Syrup with a Side of Chlorine)
    So, my plan was to have the blog title indicate a meet report, but due to the snow storm moving through the region and my getting home from work last night around 6:30 after it started, I decided that the three hour drive either last night or this morning was not worth the risk of an accident. So, I traded my racing jammers for a snow blower and shovel and stayed home enjoying a nice storm.

I did head to the Rec for a swim since I had the day off.

200 Fr/200 Bk/200 IM drill
    4 x 50 kick, 4 x 50 b/c on 1:00

2 x
    - 1 x 300 on 5:00
    - 3 x 100 on 1:45 IM descend
    - 2 x 150 on 2:00 (fast middle 50)
    - 1 x 50 ez on 1:45

100 loosen and out
    (Solo/Rec/3000 yds/55 min)
    -----------------------------

Well, enjoying the day, and the snow!
    Categories