View RSS Feed

Maple Syrup with a Side of Chlorine

My wife and kids motivated me to get my big belly back into the pool after buying a pair of SwiMP3's for Christmas in 2008. I focused on swimming the Peaks To Portland (Maine) 2.4 mile swim in July, 2010, and have added meets and consistent training since then. I mostly swim on my own because I am only able to get together with the local Master's workout group a couple of times a month. I love the backstroke and short free events, and I have a newly discovered fondness for Open Water, having completed my first 10K in Sept '11 and 10 mile in July '12.

My faith in Christ sees me through the exhausting practices and long hours driving to competitions (well, everything day by day, actually), and helps to keep me grounded in the knowledge that the events are only to give me feedback on how my training is progressing. If you're interested, just ask.

------
Check out my swimmer info page here.

1. Workout 05/31/16: evening

by , May 31st, 2016 at 09:34 PM (Maple Syrup with a Side of Chlorine)
    Good swim tonight at Masters. The water was measured at 81.3 degrees - I think it was a little warmer, but a nice change from 84-5.

1 x 300 swim
    2 x 150 on :10sr (50 swim/50 kick/50 swim - with snorkel)
    3 x 100 on :10sr (pull - snorkel and buoy - I did total of 5)

9 x "25's" - streamline deep width of pool, swim to shallow, streamline shallow width, swim to deep)

2 x
    - 75 on :10sr (50 free, 25 non-free [kicked])
    - 25 easy
    - 50 IM drill

4 x 50 even pace on 1:05 [held 35's]
    100 loosen and out
    (Masters/Rec/2500 yds/60 min)
    ---------------------------------------
    I swam with Greg and Tim tonight while Nicole was on her own. She didn't want to work on streamlines with us so we had the added challenge of not running to her - no collisions !

Here is a picture I took over the weekend as my wife and I enjoyed a motorcycle ride. We pulled off the road near a river for a snack, and arrived home before a thunderstorm rolled in.

Categories
    Swim Workouts
  2. Workout 05/24/16: evening

by , May 24th, 2016 at 09:33 PM (Maple Syrup with a Side of Chlorine)
    I had a great time in Boston with my son on Saturday. We were able to meet up with aunt for lunch at a place where they had never eaten and I did once fifteen years ago...

We then walked to Fenway and watched the Red Sox come away with a great win. Yesterday my father-in-law came over to help me with some foundation work on an addition we put on the house a few years ago, and then my wife and I put in our garden and finished up some odd landscaping projects.

Made it to Masters tonight:
    200 swim/150 kick/200 pull/200 im drill
    9 x 50 on 1:10 (breathe right, breathe left, b/c by 50) plus 50
    4 x 100 descend, rest :20, :15, :10 (1:11, :10, :08, :06) plus 50
    4 x vertical kick into 50 at 80%
    6 x 75 on :10sr (kick, swim, pull) with snorkel
    200 snake swim as warm down
    (Masters/Rec/2550 yd/60 min)
    ----------------------------------------------
    Good swim with Tim, Carol, and Julie. The 100 descend was tough, and we focused on translating the vertical kick into our horizontal swim.
    Categories
    Swim Workouts
  3. Workout 05/17/16: evening

by , May 17th, 2016 at 10:33 PM (Maple Syrup with a Side of Chlorine)
    Stayed dry last week. This might be my only swim this week. Yardwork, bicycling around town, walks with my wife, and some gym sessions with mom son have kept me moving. I've had the motorcycle out as well.

200 swim/200 kick/200 pull/50 easy
    4 x 50 Quarter's Strong

3 x [1st and 3rd round FR with snorkel, 2nd round back]
    - 50 kick (AK) into
    - 200 swim into
    - 50 pull with buoy
    - into 50 kick , then mini-masters minute

8 x 50 on :20, filming with GoPro
    200 loosen and out
    (Masters//Rec/2500 yds/60 min)
    -------------------------------------
    Had a good group tonight. Tim, MG, Carol, Julie, and a first-time visit from a college guy, Noah. It felt really good to get a swim in. Off to see the Red Sox at Fenway with my son on Saturday, then I start a staycation next week.
    Categories
    Swim Workouts
  4. Workout 05/07/16: morning

by , May 7th, 2016 at 04:53 PM (Maple Syrup with a Side of Chlorine)
    Masters this morning...

200 swim/[put on snorkel] 100 kick with AK/200 pull
    4 x 50 free on 1:10 even pace
    4 x 50 choice on 1:10 descend 1 -> 4 [did back]

3 x
    250 breath control [25=6, 50=5, 75=4, 100=3-4]
    50 choice
    50 pull

Team kick set [1st person swims to catch up to kick train, once at caboose, lead kicker swims. Took about 75 yards for swimmer to catch up, they kicked really fast when I swam! Total of 500 yds]

10 x 25 on :40 [odds choice, evens FAST free]
    200 loosen and out
    (Masters/Rec/2900 yds/80 min/75 min)
    ---------------------------------------------
    A small crowd today with Matt, Kevin, Rebecca, and Meg. I found that kick set on a coaches forum on facebook and it was a good one, planning to do it again when we have a larger group. My boy is holding up well and we are just taking it easy this weekend.
    Categories
    Swim Workouts
  5. Workout 05/06/16: evening

by , May 6th, 2016 at 08:32 PM (Maple Syrup with a Side of Chlorine)
    It's been a very busy few days at work and I am happy to usher in a long weekend! Started today with my son having a wisdom tooth removed (lucky guy) and just relaxing at home. I was able to make it to the pool tonight for a quick swim...

200 free/200 back/200 im drill
    4 x 150 on 2:20 [with snorkel: 100 pull with buoy into 50 kick with AK]
    4 x 50 as 25 DPS free into 25 fast IMO
    200 loosen and out
    (Solo/Rec/1600 yds/33 min)
    --------------------------------

I felt pretty good in the water tonight. I ran into Greg at the pool as he gets ready to head north for a swim meet in Williston, VT, tomorrow. I was going to try to make it up but have decided to stay home; I'll swim with the team at practice tomorrow.
    Categories
    Swim Workouts
  6. Workout 05/02/16: evening

by , May 2nd, 2016 at 08:13 PM (Maple Syrup with a Side of Chlorine)
    I enjoyed checking in on results and catching the video from Nationals this weekend - congrats to all of the forumites that swam and especially my teammate Matt, who despite being under the weather was able to swim his events yesterday. It was neat seeing our team cap on the national stage!

Yesterday after a busy day at work I went to the nursing home, where we have finished looking at the miracles that Jesus preformed and now have turned our attention to the Ten Commandments. Should be a good study.

Today I was off due to a meeting my boss needs to attend tomorrow at the main office, so I was able to get in for a swim after supper.

100 FR with FF
    100 kick/200 pull/200 with AP (all snorkel)
    4 x 50 as 25 DPS, 25 IMO Fast
    100 BK with FF
    100 kick
    100 loosen and out
    (Solo/Rec/1700 yds/30 min)
    Categories
    Swim Workouts
  7. Workout 04/27/16: noon

by , April 27th, 2016 at 01:37 PM (Maple Syrup with a Side of Chlorine)

2 x (with snorkel):
    - 100 kick with AK
    - 150 swim with AP (r/l/b)
    - 50 with FF
    - 200 pull with buoy
    50 easy
    4 x 50 as 25 DPS, 25 IMO fast
    50 easy
    4 x 100 on 1:35 as 50 drill, 25 fast BK kick, 25 DPS

100 loosen with snorkel
    (Solo/Rec/2400 yds/45 min)

Busy few days at work, so it was nice to get in the water. This swim put me over 50 miles for the year. Over the weekend we did a lot of landscaping and spring prep around the house. I also got in a nice ride on the motorcycle. Time to finally mow the lawn this afternoon.

Sending fast swimming vibes to everyone competing at Nationals this weekend. Matt from our workout group will be swimming with team New England.
    Categories
    Swim Workouts
  8. Workout 04/19/16: evening

by , April 19th, 2016 at 09:15 PM (Maple Syrup with a Side of Chlorine)
    I've been taking a little time away from the pool over the past week for a little rest. It's been nice to get some work done around the house and also spending time with the family. Today we took a drive about a hour south of town to the Five Guys in Pittsfield and then did a little shopping. Nice to get out and enjoy some time and good conversation together.

My wife and I had a massage earlier today, so I just did the warmup of tonight's masters practice with a lot of

200 free/100 kick/200 pull/100 im drill
    4 x 50 pull on 1:10
    4 x 50 burst and cruise: from blocks, swimming under lane [streamline]
    100 easy and out
    [Rec/Masters/1100yds/30 min]
    Categories
    Swim Workouts
  9. Workout 04/13/16: evening

by , April 13th, 2016 at 08:33 PM (Maple Syrup with a Side of Chlorine)
    Joined my son for lunch today at the school. Even though he is not in the culinary class, we are able to meet during his lunch period. After some flank steak with parmesan garlic potatoes, BLT salad and a killer PB chocolate cake, we checked out the student store that he staffs a few days a week for his business class. After some errands and general goofing off, I made it to the pool after supper.

4 x [100 kick with AK, 150 with AP, 100 pull, all with buoy]
    50 easy
    10 x 50 on :50 [odds Free DPS, Evens Back and Fly]
    50 easy
    6 x 25 on :50 [odds drill, evens SDK OW]
    200 loosen and out
    [Solo/Rec/2950 yds/53 min]
    Felt good in the water tonight. The lane only had two other swimmers for the first 30 min, then I was able to split. I wrote up the workout for Masters this weekend before heading home. Tomorrow I will be dry, as I will be attending the Sophomore Summit [think career day for all of the 10th graders in the county] and then attending a care plan meeting for my wife's step-father. If I can hit the gym in the afternoon I'll try, but then I'm planning to meet up with the guys for Bible study.
    Categories
    Swim Workouts
  10. 04/19/16: 5th Annual Monumental Masters Mini Meet

by , April 9th, 2016 at 08:32 PM (Maple Syrup with a Side of Chlorine)
    Today started a little after 8 at the Rec helping to get the pool set up for our meet and my son headed to the airport to pick up our airborne swimmers Maurice and his teammate Liz. As folks started to arrive we welcomed them in as the the volunteers obtained their roles and the pool area filled with excitement. I hopped in to warm up after meeting with the officials and making sure that everything was all set. My sister and brother decided to show up just ten minutes before the meet started just to give me another reason to worry

We started off with the 200 Medley Relay. Since the Leake contingent was only three deep this year, we were able to have Gabby, who swam in high school with us) swim with us: Jill, Me, Gabby, Jeff - 2:17.38.

Next up was the 200 IM: stayed long and strong and went 2:21.53 - almost beat the team I then changed into my Yingfa and took splits as the meet went on. I ended up swimming the 500 since only one guy signed up, so I used it as a warmup for the 100 IM. Swam right next to my brother and went 13.11, 14.33 (27.33), 19.34 (46.67), 14.39 (1:01.17). A solid swim but I went out a little slower than I did at Harvard. I then did a 100 fly warmdown before the final event of the day: 200 free relay. Jill, Mike, Gabby, Jeff = 1:59.07.

After the meet I took Maurice and Liz back to the airport and watched as they headed for home. We ended up with 36 entries as Pittsfield and Great Barrington came in force. From our team: Amanda, Carol, MG, Gabby, Matt, Greg (solid 50 free and breast!), Kevin and the three Leake's. I gave prizes that included homemade ribbons that my wife sewed, goodies from https://www.facebook.com/Bakkerij-Kr...6334239062396/ and some maple syrup that the Marauders' coach made. There were two delays with the timing system but I was able to fill in the time with some talk. As a meet director I worry about getting folks to the pool but also having the meet run smoothly. Sometimes these hickups can not be avoided and I trust that they will be used as a learning experience for future events.

All in all another great time with swimming friends old and new and a good donation to the Marauders to help continue youth swimming in our community.

Warmups - that's me in at the wall

Heat two of the 50 free. Greg JS, my brother Jeff, Christian Avard, and Kevin from our team. Our meet is the first to make use of the new scoreboard!

Some people swim fly in a swim meet. Others fly to a swim meet! Maurice and his teammate Liz flew in from Concord, NH, in this beautiful Cessna 172

Updated April 10th, 2016 at 06:25 PM by rxleakem

Tags: monumental
    Categories
    Masters Swim Meets / Events
  11. Workout 04/08/16: evening

by , April 8th, 2016 at 07:51 PM (Maple Syrup with a Side of Chlorine)
    It was nice to sleep in today and have some time for errands with my wife. We had off and on snow flurries all day which meant a snow-globe look at times outside. Tonight's swim was simple - meet warmup with two sprints and an extra 100 easy (1400 yds solo).

Things are coming together for the meet tomorrow. We currently have 28 swimmers although it looks like my daughter will not make it home this weekend to join us. I anticipate some same-day entries, in fact I know of at two because they are flying into our small local airport from Concord, NH! I have my son on pickup duty and will try to get a picture of the plane.

Refs, timers, scorers, giveaways and bake sale are in place. Now for a good night's sleep and clear travel lanes for warmups at 9am. I plan to get there a little after 8 to get lane lines in and help with set up.
    Categories
    Swim Workouts
  12. Workout 04/05/16: evening

by , April 5th, 2016 at 09:07 PM (Maple Syrup with a Side of Chlorine)
    Enjoyed a quiet day off. After hitting the grocery store with my wife, my son and I went to a local pizza shop to watch the Red Sox-Indians game with some slices and soda. We then went to the oral surgeon for his wisdom teeth removal consult, fun that he can look forward to in about a month. After supper I hit the pool...

200 FR/200 BK/200 IM drill

Go two times through:
    - 25 EZ, 25 Build, 50 DPS
    - 25 AFAP, 75 EZ
    - 75 EZ, 25 AFAP
    (one fr, one back)

4 x 25 Burst and Cruise on 1:15
    (IMO)

200 loosen and out
    (Solo/Rec/1500 yds/35 min)

At the beginning of practice there was just Matt and me, but then the pool filled up as Carol, Tim, Julie and her friend did the workout while Matt, Gabby, and Peggi swam on their own. I did my taper workout #5 so I was in and out quickly. A couple of days of work before an easy swim Friday and our meet on Saturday.

Updated April 6th, 2016 at 11:01 PM by rxleakem

Categories
    Swim Workouts
  13. Workout 04/04/16: evening

by , April 4th, 2016 at 09:29 PM (Maple Syrup with a Side of Chlorine)
    Had a very busy weekend at work and much to everyone's surprise some snow moved into the area yesterday and this morning, which gave me reason to break out my snowman tie

[Scrapping off my van before leaving Sunday morning for work]

Go three times through:
    - 50 DPS, :10 SR
    - 25 AFAP right into 25 EZ into
    - 100 Kick
    (did FR/BK/FR)

4 x 50 Burst and Cruise on 1:15 IMO

4 x 25 AFAP followed by 25 EZ
    - IMO on fast, float on EZ

200 even more EZ (if possible) and out
    (Solo/Rec/1800 yds/45 min)
    --------------------------------------------
    Felt pretty good in the water and actually got under the :20 mark on the fast 25 breast. Right now we have 15 swimmers for the meet [got your entry, Greg] and I am hopeful that we will end up around 30 or more. My buddy Bill in with the PaceMakers was most helpful in suggesting that his team drive up for our meet in place of practice this weekend, so that should help to boost our numbers. Officials and meet volunteers in place, now for folks to come and enjoy!
    Categories
    Swim Workouts
  14. Workout 03/30/16: evening

by , March 30th, 2016 at 08:36 PM (Maple Syrup with a Side of Chlorine)
    Since spring has sprung we are getting a head start on outdoor cleaning. We had a guy come in and thin out some trees, remove some out-of-control compost piles, and prep for some fence installation. I've done it all before, but I was amazed that all of it was done in half a day! We'll have a clean canvas to add some landscaping that my wife has been planning for a bit. Pool tonight and no circle swimming!

200 Fr/200 Bk/200 IM Drill

6 x 75 on 1:15
    - 1-4 = IM rotation strong
    - 5-6 = FR/BK DPS

1 x 50 EZ
    8 x 50 FR on 1:10
    - odds = DPS/EZ speed, evens = AFAP

1 x 50 EZ
    6 x 50 BK on 1:10
    - odds = DPS/EZ speed, evens = AFAP
    100 kick

1 x 50 EZ
    6 x 25 Burst and cruise on 1:00
    - IMO, then FR and BK to complete

3 x 50 Active Recovery
    (Solo/Rec/2300 yds/50 min)

Beating the proverbial bushes for our meet next weekend. Right now we have eleven entries, and I know that everyone waits until the last minute to sign up but...I still want to make sure that we have as good of a crowd as possible. Last year we ended up with 29 swimmers, I am hoping to hit 25 this year. If you live near VT, come by and swim fast with us!
    Categories
    Swim Workouts , Planning
  15. Workout 03/26/16: morning

by , March 26th, 2016 at 10:09 PM (Maple Syrup with a Side of Chlorine)
    A great turnout at Masters today. Since our home meet is two weeks away (we currently have two entry forms) I am recycling through the two week taper regimen that I use with a slight modification of the final set...

200 free/200 back/200 IM drill
    3 x 200 on 2:45 pull with snorkel [AP]
    4 x 75 on 1:30 kick [AK and snorkel]

Fort Speed Set:
    Swim: Fins optional, pick your own interval for max rest or don't bother to look at the clock in between hard efforts:
    1 x 25 AFAP … 1 x 50 EZ
    1 x 50 AFAP … 2 x 50 EZ
    1 x 75 AFAP … 3 x 50 EZ
    1 x 100 @ 90% … 4 x 50 EZ

3 x 50 BK on 1:10 - Burst and cruise
    Working on starts
    (Masters/Rec/2500 yds/70 min)
    ------------------------------------

Most of the Rec staff was at our Town's Easter Egg Hunt and the backup guard is almost always late...today he was only 11 minutes late. Oh well...Carol, Greg, Kevin and I did the workout together with Rebecca joining us towards the end, as Rachel, Melissa, Sarah and Amy did their own workout.

After some errands and a visit to my stepfather-my-in-law in the hospital, I took advantage of the nice day and prepped our bikes for the year and got the motorcycle fired up. After dinner my son and I took a walk to Stewart's for an ice cream cone.

Have a Happy Easter, everyone!
    Categories
    Swim Workouts
  16. Workout 03/25/16: morning

by , March 25th, 2016 at 02:32 PM (Maple Syrup with a Side of Chlorine)
    After the meet I have been taking it easy and trying to catch up on sleep. Hit the pool for a stretch-out swim this morning...

600 Shark Swim
    300 stroke work with fast swim every 3rd 25
    100 easy and out
    (Solo/Rec/1600 yds/30 min)
    There was a bit of traffic today, so I did a lot of hanging on the wall. My calves and lats have been sore since the meet but feeling better now. One of our swimmers, Rachel, has been very proactive at finding matching suits for our team which we have already received. She also designed a cap which has now been shipped, so I am pretty excited that we will all be matching in time for our meet in two weeks.
    Categories
    Swim Workouts
  17. 03/18-19/16: 2016 New England SCY Champs at Harvard‏

by , March 19th, 2016 at 09:57 PM (Maple Syrup with a Side of Chlorine)
    Just back from a fun trip to Boston for the annual SCY champs at Harvard with 820 of my closest friends. I only swam the second and third days of the meet (distance day was last Saturday, and this weekend is the three day "main" meet) and had blast swimming in one of my favorite pools.

Friday: My wife and son joined me and we headed out from home a little before 7am for the three hour drive to Beantown, no issues, parking at the pool. I checked in for my events and then warmed up.

#8 50 Free: 24.19 r:+0.77 [3rd place]
    - Masters PB time, but still not quite under 24. Had a good start and only breathed once before the wall, then twice on the way back. Solid swim as I still try to emulate a sprinter.

#10 100 Back: 58.68 [2nd place]
    Splits: 29.04, 29.64
    - Less then a second off my masters best. My underwaters were not great but I split it well and the turns were good. Satisfied.

[I skipped the 50 fly because it was after the 200 breast and a rather long break]

After warming down we walked over to Harvard Square to get some food. My wife has been so patient in supporting my swims and hanging out in the hot and humid pool area over the years (it's good to thank your own family for this, it's such a blessing for me) and found a great place for lunch as we checked out parts of the city that I have not seen before. We then walked back to get the car and drove to the hotel and relaxed a bit. Later on, my son and I took the T to the Science Museum to check out a show at the planetarium, Laser Floyd. The full set list from the 1979 record, slightly abridged to fit the hour time slot, played as lasers moved about with the full arsenal of the planetarium's star showed above. It was really cool and a fun thing to take in with my son, and we got back to the room a little after 11, so I was able to get a solid night's sleep since I didn't swim the 500. Oh, and I found out that Michigan State lost so my March Madness bracket it busted as I had them going all the way.

Saturday: I ate a light breakfast at the hotel and then we caught a shuttle to Harvard Square, where the family went off exploring and I headed to the pool to warm up. I skipped swimming during the 15 minute sprint period after the first distance event of the day and opted to stretch and relax in the stand.

#20 50 Back: 27.39 [3rd place]
    - Another Masters best. I really worked my underwaters but my wife said I should have come up sooner on the second lap as I lost some ground.

#22 100 IM: 1:00.53 r:+0.74 [3rd place]
    Splits: 26.90, 33.63
    - Right there is a lifetime best! I talked to my buddy Trent as we ended up next to each other and I told him that I would be taking this out fast due to my poor breaststroke. I had another good start and worked the underwaters on the first 50, coming in really fast. My back to breast turn was a little cramped, but I worked the streamline and then tried my best to increase my turnover on the breast as I moved the kick up in the cycle. It apparently worked as the family said that I held my ground instead of the usual field catching up. I then motored to the wall - a full two second time drop and ever so close to my lofty goal of getting this event under a minute!

#24 200 Fly: 2:17.94 r:+0.77 [1st place]
    Splits: 30.49, 34.76, 38.24, 34.45
    I'll give the swim of the meet, as I achieved another lifetime best with a five second drop! Last swim of the meet for me and I felt good so instead of DPS fly for 175 yds before a 25 sprint, I changed it up a little. I swam regular fly the first length, then 125 of DPS fly before switching back to full fly on the last 50. Looking at the splits I was a little too fast on the second and too timid on the third 50s, but judging by the 30+ minutes it took for my hearrate to come back down after the swim I am ok with that! I was looking to come in around the 2:20, and was able to take gold for my age group.

All in all another great meet at a pool that I enjoy competing in and a fun couple of days in the city with the family. The first day I was not sure if I hit my taper but today demonstrated to me that it was on target. I was also able to catch up with friends from past meets (my buddies with Granite State, Jonathan,Trent, Christian, Kevin, and Lauren) and also meet new folks from the forums and in the pool, one of the things that really makes this sport so rewarding for me. I logged 500yds racing + 4950yds with warmups/downs and we made it home safely...well worth the extra days I worked in order to switch weekends and make it down to Harvard.

Updated March 19th, 2016 at 10:13 PM by rxleakem

Tags: harvard, nem
    Categories
    Swim Workouts , Masters Swim Meets / Events
  18. Workout 03/17/16: noon

by , March 17th, 2016 at 01:32 PM (Maple Syrup with a Side of Chlorine)
    Taper workout #6 today:
    Meet warmup (minus sprints)
    (Solo/Rec/1200 yds/21 min)

I hit the grocery store this morning so I am all set for the rest of the day. I plan to get packed for the meet and then meet up with the guys for Bible study tonight. Should be on the road by 7am in the morning and ready for some fast swimming this weekend.
    Tags: taper
    Categories
    Swim Workouts
  19. Workout 03/16/16: evening

by , March 16th, 2016 at 07:54 PM (Maple Syrup with a Side of Chlorine)
    It's nice to be off work after that seven day stretch. This morning after sleeping in my wife and I had our passport photos taken and then joined our son for lunch at his school - my one shot to get corned beef this week! After some errands I just relaxed before hitting the pool tonight.

Taper workout #5

Go two times through:
    - 25 EZ, 25 Build, 50 DPS
    - 25 AFAP, 75 EZ
    - 75 EZ, 25 AFAP
    (one fr, one back)

4 x 25 Burst and Cruise on 1:15
    (fr, bk, fly, fr)

200 loosen and out
    (Solo/Rec/1500 yds/35 min)
    Categories
    Swim Workouts
  20. Workout 03/14/16: morning

by , March 14th, 2016 at 09:29 AM (Maple Syrup with a Side of Chlorine)
    My commute to Rutland this weekend for work went well this weekend and I even met up with my sister and her girlfriend for a milkshake and snack before coming home yesterday. My wife and son then joined me in going out for a quick bite last night at a local restaurant as some Irish music filled the place. In the water this morning before finishing out the last two days of this seven day stretch ...

Taper Workout #4:

Go three times through:
    - 50 DPS, :10 SR
    - 25 AFAP right into 25 EZ into
    - 100 Kick
    (did FR/BK/Fly)

4 x 50 Burst and Cruise on 1:15 IMO

4 x 25 AFAP followed by 25 EZ
    - IMO on fast, float on EZ

100 even more EZ (if possible) and out
    (Solo/Rec/1700 yds/40 min)

Feeling a bit sluggish and sore, although that seems normal during the taper period. The AFAP's were not all that fast...I need to find a way to get my breast under :20 if I have any shot at improving my 100 IM time.

Have a great Pi day!
    Categories
    Swim Workouts
Page 1 of 35 1234511 ... LastLast