Blog Comments

Great meet

And go Pats!
    Quote Originally Posted by pmccoy
    I have to give some credit the Seahawks for my 200 fly this weekend. Had the Broncos won and I didn't have to do the 1000 fly a couple weeks ago, I'm not sure I'd have been able to bring home that last 25.
    See, butterfly isn't a bad thing! And you learned a lesson in the process not to bet against the #1 team.
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    The 500 was very nicely split and I think you need to be less harsh on yourself for that 200 breast. Swim it again without a 500 before it and I'm sure you'll see some nice drops. Also, a lot of ground can be made up with faster turns on a 200 breast, so focus there first in workout (says the guy whose coaches have always complained he loafs his breast turns in workouts).
    No doubt my 500 impacted the 200 br. There was only one event (100 fly) in between the two races and I don't think there were more that 7 or 8 heats. I probably swam it on 45-50 minutes rest. I might inflate my 500 seed time next year and see if I can get a little more rest. I did great on the 200 fly after the 1650 but I had close to three hours of rest before I was back on the blocks for the fly. I do loaf my turns in practice. There's probably a second or more to be gained with better attention to that. The frustrating thing for me about 200 br is that I kick a 2:55 in practice. Adding an arm pull, dive, shave and taper should make 2:30 easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaadams1
    Another great meet lineup day...I like it! And nice going again!
    I have to give some credit the Seahawks for my 200 fly this weekend. Had the Broncos won and I didn't have to do the 1000 fly a couple weeks ago, I'm not sure I'd have been able to bring home that last 25.
    The 500 was very nicely split and I think you need to be less harsh on yourself for that 200 breast. Swim it again without a 500 before it and I'm sure you'll see some nice drops. Also, a lot of ground can be made up with faster turns on a 200 breast, so focus there first in workout (says the guy whose coaches have always complained he loafs his breast turns in workouts).
    Another great meet lineup day...I like it! And nice going again!
    I can't imagine doing that meet lineup over 5 days, much less in 2. Very impressive. You deserve to be worn out.
    Very cool to see someone that fast.
    Nice job!! MY kind of meet!
    Thanks all! It was definitely a tough lineup but I actually didn't have the toughest. That goes to Linda Callaway who did 50 more yards than I did. Not only is she 15 years older than I am, she did the 1650, 200 fly, 400 IM and 200 IM with a titanium plate in her from an injury. We quickly adopted her as our distance queen.

I'll post more on my second day tomorrow but I definitely was more tired after the first day and my performance seemed to suffer some.
    Good swims! Eric has been training hard lately so I'm glad to hear his result in the mile too.

I hate not being there.
    That is some meet lineup. I can't imagine doing that many events in one session. You did awesome. Congratulations on dropping so much time.
    Nice swims! Great job!
    Thanks all... I do wish it were 3 mph but I'm afraid that's still outside my capabilities. It's more like 2.7 which is a lot faster that I could do last year.
    Nice swim, Pete!

Quote Originally Posted by __steve__
    That's exactly 3mph average swim speed
    How do you figure that? Three miles is 5280 yards.
    That's exactly 3mph average swim speed
    I enjoy your workouts! They are varied and challenging, but what is up -down? Thanks! ALicia
    Quote Originally Posted by pmccoy
    Hope that goes better for you. We did it again today and I dropped the drag suit for this set. I was 2-3 seconds faster. We did about 95% effort on these. If you go to 100%, this is going to be really tough to make.
    I did it, and it actually wasn't that bad. Held 1:05/1:06s. Solo practice should be able to subtract 1-2 seconds though, right? I was happy with this though. I haven't really been pushing myself that hard lately, so it's been good to see your practices and try to repeat them on my own.
    Hope that goes better for you. We did it again today and I dropped the drag suit for this set. I was 2-3 seconds faster. We did about 95% effort on these. If you go to 100%, this is going to be really tough to make.
    10 Rounds of:
    * 100 Free - 1:10 (mostly 1:07s and 1:08s... finished w/ 1:04)
    * 50 Easy - 1:10
    Now there's something I might be able to handle...maybe. It looks okay on paper, but you never know what happens in the pool. Maybe I'll try it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ekw
    I was working on travel planning for work not that long ago and I'll be up in Huntsville in April. I thought to myself that I should look into coming to swim with you guys one morning. I am rethinking that...
    Don't let our workouts scare you off! I think Roger and I were the only ones that made it. Mid-set rest breaks are optional and frequently taken. There was a "masters option" on the mountain but I can't remember what it was exactly. We have a 60ish year old lady that swims with us a couple days a week who just rolls her eyes at our intervals. She adjusts the interval or distance to suit her level and does her best to keep up.
Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast