Blog Comments

Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    That pool and view both look absolutely beautiful!
    It is pretty awesome. I need to look into the history a little more. Most pools of that era in Huntsville were built without gutters and all that I know of were 25 yards long. Community pools were a big thing as engineers flooded into the city in the heyday of the space industry. For some reason, the engineers on the mountain decided they would go with a 25 meter pool. Not sure why. They definitely picked the right site though. Not pictured is a shelter for large gatherings with a fireplace in the center, tennis courts and a large sand pit for beach volleyball.
    Quote Originally Posted by __steve__
    Strengthen the calves? Opposing muscles
    I'm not so sure this is entirely a bad thing. My ankles have become a lot more flexible and I'm kicking much faster. I just hope the pain isn't a precursor to something tearing.
    Strengthen the calves? Opposing muscles
    That pool and view both look absolutely beautiful!
    I swim with Neil here in Ohio. You should see some of the workouts he does. He is truly an amazing swimmer.
    Really deep down somewhere, I think I'm envious of all those that get to have early morning pool workouts. Actually... no, I'm not .Today was much like yesterday except the wind and waves were coming from the southwest. So, I headed west this time. The sea turtle came back again and I followed it for a couple hundred yards. On my way back, I encountered a stingray that was completely unafraid of me. Usually, they scurry off to deeper water or burrow into the sand as I approach. This one just stood it's ground and stared at me. I stopped momentarily to ponder why this one was so different. The stingray offered no answers so I moved on.
    I'm so envious of you! Dangit I miss livnig close to the beach.
    I didn't get a chance to swim while I was up there, unfortunately.
    Just a few swirling storms. Everything got cancelled and they let schools out 6 hours before any real tornado threats. It was pretty bad though... several casualties within a few miles of here. Here's an interesting infographic. I live directly in between 2 of the cities with the most EF5 tornadoes in the last 60 years.

Missed you when you visited Huntsville. Were you able to get to HSA?
    I hope you got through the storms up there okay. It was a deluge down here!
    Great meet

And go Pats!
    Quote Originally Posted by pmccoy
    I have to give some credit the Seahawks for my 200 fly this weekend. Had the Broncos won and I didn't have to do the 1000 fly a couple weeks ago, I'm not sure I'd have been able to bring home that last 25.
    See, butterfly isn't a bad thing! And you learned a lesson in the process not to bet against the #1 team.
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    The 500 was very nicely split and I think you need to be less harsh on yourself for that 200 breast. Swim it again without a 500 before it and I'm sure you'll see some nice drops. Also, a lot of ground can be made up with faster turns on a 200 breast, so focus there first in workout (says the guy whose coaches have always complained he loafs his breast turns in workouts).
    No doubt my 500 impacted the 200 br. There was only one event (100 fly) in between the two races and I don't think there were more that 7 or 8 heats. I probably swam it on 45-50 minutes rest. I might inflate my 500 seed time next year and see if I can get a little more rest. I did great on the 200 fly after the 1650 but I had close to three hours of rest before I was back on the blocks for the fly. I do loaf my turns in practice. There's probably a second or more to be gained with better attention to that. The frustrating thing for me about 200 br is that I kick a 2:55 in practice. Adding an arm pull, dive, shave and taper should make 2:30 easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaadams1
    Another great meet lineup day...I like it! And nice going again!
    I have to give some credit the Seahawks for my 200 fly this weekend. Had the Broncos won and I didn't have to do the 1000 fly a couple weeks ago, I'm not sure I'd have been able to bring home that last 25.
    The 500 was very nicely split and I think you need to be less harsh on yourself for that 200 breast. Swim it again without a 500 before it and I'm sure you'll see some nice drops. Also, a lot of ground can be made up with faster turns on a 200 breast, so focus there first in workout (says the guy whose coaches have always complained he loafs his breast turns in workouts).
    Another great meet lineup day...I like it! And nice going again!
    I can't imagine doing that meet lineup over 5 days, much less in 2. Very impressive. You deserve to be worn out.
    Very cool to see someone that fast.
    Nice job!! MY kind of meet!
    Thanks all! It was definitely a tough lineup but I actually didn't have the toughest. That goes to Linda Callaway who did 50 more yards than I did. Not only is she 15 years older than I am, she did the 1650, 200 fly, 400 IM and 200 IM with a titanium plate in her from an injury. We quickly adopted her as our distance queen.

I'll post more on my second day tomorrow but I definitely was more tired after the first day and my performance seemed to suffer some.
    Good swims! Eric has been training hard lately so I'm glad to hear his result in the mile too.

I hate not being there.
Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast