View RSS Feed

Pete's swim blog

My Team
I swim on a small team (Madison Titans) with 4 regulars and a couple others that can't make the morning workout. On Saturdays and occasional weekdays, I drop by HSA in Huntsville for a swim in the big pool.

1. 07.26.12 - Thursday workout

by , July 26th, 2012 at 10:19 AM (Pete's swim blog)
    Swam w/ Roger and Dave. Strained muscle in my chest still hurts pretty bad. <Warning - graphic details> Last night, I sneezed and something went "pop" from that general area. Ick! </Warning> Not sure how long the fin kicking is going to last. My fins are held together with duct tape. It's not a big deal when kicking a couple hundred yards a couple times a week. But 3000 yards of duct tape rubbing on toes tends to remove quite a bit of skin. I'm going to look on the bright side of this and see it as a reason to get some new breaststroke fins.

SCY

400 Kick warmup

1000 Kick w/ fins. Open turn every 100 to check interval. If ahead of 1:30 pace, use a slower kick. If behind, add in some faster kick.

10:00 - Stop/breathe on walls as long as you want, one breath per 25 while swimming. Push for as much distance as possible. I did 150 yards of sdk like this but quick deep breaths are painful (kind of like the sneezing incident above). Finished 200 yards with fins and then kicked another 300 yards w/o fins.

20 x 50 Kick - 1:00 (no fins)
    Tried to minimize my use of breaststroke to keep up with the interval.

8:00 - same as the 10:00 exercise with fly. I did 4 x 25 sdk on my back on :40. Made it all the way on the first and ended up at the flags on the rest. After that, I kicked another 400 yards w/ fins on a :25 interval per 25 yards.

50 Cool down

(3450 Total)
    Categories
    Swim Workouts