View RSS Feed

Pete's swim blog

My Team
I swim on a small team (Madison Titans) with 4 regulars and a couple others that can't make the morning workout. On Saturdays and occasional weekdays, I drop by HSA in Huntsville for a swim in the big pool.

1. 07.30.12 - Monday workout

by , July 30th, 2012 at 01:20 PM (Pete's swim blog)
    Swam w/ Ray, Charlie, Dave, Cameron and Roger. I spent a good bit of Sunday on a jet ski mostly hanging on for dear life as my kids did their best to throw me off of it. Usually, I feel like I've been in a bad fight the morning after spending a day playing at the lake. This morning, I felt pretty good. My muscle strain is getting better so I pushed it a little harder this morning.

SCY

550 Warm up

4 x 500 - 7:30
    100 Easy
    I swam the first one a bit too fast as I kept trying to chase Charlie down. I had Dave lead the final 4 so I wouldn't be tempted to do anything that would hurt me worse. I think we did these on 6:15 to 6:30. I had minor soreness but I can breathe to my right without severe pain now.

4 x 300 Kick w/ zoomers - 4:30
    100 Easy

4 x 100 - 1:45
    * Odds Free (1:14s)
    * Evens Br (1:23s)
    Pushed a little harder but not too much.

800 Free - 10:45
    I was shooting for a smooth 1:20 pace and ended up a few seconds off of that. Felt good and the muscle was holding together well.

200 Cool down

(5350 Total)
    Categories
    Swim Workouts