View RSS Feed

Pete's swim blog

My Team
I swim on a small team (Madison Titans) with 4 regulars and a couple others that can't make the morning workout. On Saturdays and occasional weekdays, I drop by HSA in Huntsville for a swim in the big pool.

1. 08.27.12 - Monday workout

by , August 27th, 2012 at 10:02 AM (Pete's swim blog)
    Swam w/ Roger, Danny, Dave, Dave and Ray. Knocked out a lot of yardage pretty quick today. Not quite as stiff and sore as I usually am on Mondays. Saturday, I showed up to my team's U16 soccer game expecting to relax on the sidelines and manage substitutions. When I got there, the other coach came over and said "uh coach... are any of your parent's referees?" I told her no but I am a referee and if she didn't have a problem with me being a ref, I'd do it. The biggest problem I had was that I wore flip-flops to the game and they weren't going to be suitable for running. So, I ended up reffing the first half barefoot. I handed the team over to one of my players (and a "responsible adult") who had broken his arm last week. He did an awesome job as a coach calling in subs and making sure everyone was in the right place. The team played better than I've ever seen and they won convincingly.

Last night I played in our weekly short sided games. Last week I did a lot more scoring. This week, we had more younger ex-college players show up. Not quite as much scoring on my part but plenty of running. I learned a lot. Hopefully I can find a way to pass it along to my U16 team.

Here's today's workout:

600 Warm up

4 x 125 Free - 1:45
    1:30 Rest
    3 x 500 Free - 7:30 (6:17, 6:17, 6:12)
    100 Easy
    I seem to be able to get to the 1:15 pace w/ my drag suit but not a lot faster. I'd like to get down to 1:12s.

5 x 200 - 3:00
    * Odds IM (2:45-2:50)
    * #2 50 Kick/75 Free
    * #4 50 Pull/50 Kick
    100 Easy

4 x 50 - 1:00 IM Order

200 Cool down

(4200 Total)
    Categories
    Swim Workouts