View RSS Feed

Pete's swim blog

My Team
I swim on a small team (Madison Titans) with 4 regulars and a couple others that can't make the morning workout. On Saturdays and occasional weekdays, I drop by HSA in Huntsville for a swim in the big pool.

1. 02.06.12 - Pre-meet mightmare and some video (underwater)

by , February 6th, 2012 at 12:12 PM (Pete's swim blog)
    Swam with Roger, Dave, Dave and Dave this morning. Kent swam on his own in another lane. Kent did an untapered 17:05 or something like that in his 1650 last weekend! Pool temp up to about 84. Definitely warmer than it has been. Wore my Nike jammer w/o a drag suit.

Had my first premeet nightmare. Dreamed I went out too fast in the 1650, paniced and started drowning. I always seem to have nigtmares about races I haven't raced in before. Last year it was the 200 fly.

On a better note, it was my daughter's birthday last weekend. She wanted an underwater video camera for her birthday. Who am I to deny her something I could occasionally use to video my stroke underwater? Just to show how good of a dad I am, I volunteered to try it out this morning at practice. Video to follow later. I might have "accidentally" dropped the camera in the water before telling my teammates it was waterproof.

SCY

400 Warm up

4 x 50 - 1:00 Down accelerate, back easy (Fly, Br, Br, Fr)
    4 x 50 Kick - 1:10 Down accelerate, back easy (Br, Fly, Fr, Fr)
    Rest

4 x 50 Pull - 1:00 Down hard no breath, back easy
    Rest

4 x 50 - 1:00 Get up to speed for test event (28s & 29s)
    75 Easy + Rest

Timed 500 From Dive broken at 50s: (5:13 total time in water)
    http://youtu.be/3R0p1AtJGZc
    Went out on :27 - probably a bit fast. Rest were 31s and 32s. Supposedly, I should be able to do a 5:13 at the meet. I'll believe that when I see it. Definitely think I can make 5:25 if things go well. Comments on my stroke are very welcome and appreciated. Not sure I'll change anything before the meet but it would be good to know what I can improve on.

175 cool down

(1950 Total)
    Tags: 500, broken, free, timed
    Categories
    Swim Workouts