View RSS Feed

Why I swim . . .

We know it's good for us, and we know we love the feeling when we're done . . . yet, why is it sometimes so hard to get into the pool?

My blog motivates me (and maybe you!) to workout by reminding why I love to swim!

1. Two months away; Insanity completed

by , June 12th, 2011 at 09:28 PM (Why I swim . . .)
    Haven't swum since April 18th. Looking forward to going back to NOVA tomorrow!!!

Completed Insanity (great results!) and then took a week off but ran two times during that week.

Can't wait to get back into it!!!
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Nothing like a good swim after a long week of work

by , April 15th, 2011 at 10:07 AM (Why I swim . . .)
    Looking forward to hopping into the pool after work today. Been a long week, but there's nothing better than that feeling after finishing a swim workout. Looking forward to my 5:30 swim time!

In other news, today is my 38th day without any chocolate or chocolate flavored things. And finished my 12th Insanity workout this morning. Definitely seeing results from the squats, lunges, and pushups. Been a great routine for me so far. Anyone else out there completed Insanity?

If you've never heard of it, check it out at http://www.beachbody.com/product/fit...110415130450:s.

Have a great weekend everyone!
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Day 4 of Insanity and Day 30 - no chocolate stuffs!

by , April 7th, 2011 at 09:29 AM (Why I swim . . .)
    I can't believe I've made it beyond four weeks of no chocolate - including my favorite, white chocolate. Also on Day 4 of the Insanity workout program. I've been sore but enjoying it.

For the next two weeks, I'm hoping to swim at least a couple of miles each week simply to loosen up after completing an Insanity workout in the morning. Trying to figure out how to really combine both of them, plus run a bit.

It doesn't seem to matter how sore you are, if you get in the pool everything starts to feel better
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Day 23 of no chocolate . . .

by , March 31st, 2011 at 09:48 AM (Why I swim . . .)
    Today I am going to swim to take my mind off of these cravings I'm surprised at how strong they are after three full weeks of no chocolate!!!

Also swimming to loosen up for the 10K race I'm doing with my boyfriend Adam on Saturday. It's his first-ever 10K and second-ever race (other was a 5K). So proud of him for training! We're shooting for close to a 48 but probably under 50 in the lower 49s.

You can read about the race here:http://www.sportsbackers.org/events/10k/10k.htm

It's the largest 10K in the country - expecting 10,000 participants this year. And how about VCU in the Final Four this year?!?! The 10K in Richmond, VA is the morning of the semifinal game and is turning into a Rampede/pep rally.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Gave up the chocolate . . .

by , March 19th, 2011 at 02:38 PM (Why I swim . . .)
    Decided to give up chocolate for Lent and within a week I got sick with the flu followed by a cold. Regardless, it's been 10 days of no chocolate!!!

I'd rather get sick now than later in the spring when the weather is really nice!

Headed to do a 1 hour straight swim - want to see how far I can go nice and easy. Just a relaxing workout, and more to clear out the sinuses

Also want to add some distance to that USMS Go the Distance challenge.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  6. Why will I swim tomorrow?

by , March 7th, 2011 at 10:41 PM (Why I swim . . .)
    Because of the Easter candy I just inhaled. Love those Cadbury Mini Eggs!!

Hilarious description of the lovable snack found at http://snacks.cyberpunks.org/cadbury-minieggs.html.

Ready to burn off those mini eggs in the AM!
    Categories
    Uncategorized