View RSS Feed

Alex's swim journal

It's a journey: musings on art, literature, life... and occasional notes on training.

1. LCM State meet...

by , June 23rd, 2013 at 11:17 PM (Alex's swim journal)
    My first Long Course meet ever!

I'll have to write a more complete account tomorrow; right now I'm pretty tired and just want to go to bed. Also I want to take a look at my splits, which I haven't had a chance to do yet, to comment in more detail.

400 IM = 8:10, my seed time was 7:45, but I wasn't last! I had no idea what to expect or what the long course would feel like... I felt pretty smooth on everything, just slow. Siren song? What I was hearing was more like a banshee wail.

200 Back = 3:47; only about 5 minutes after my 400 IM... beat my seed time and came in a close second in the heat (was 4IM just a warm-up for the 200 back?).

50 Back = :46 (seed time was :48).

100 Back = 1:41 (seedtime 1:40).

1500 Free = 26:43; just trying to stay smooth... nowhere near my 1650 time, but about :10 faster than my 1500 SCM; being that it's long course, I feel like that's a sign I haven't lost too much fitness since short course season.

We had a good time... I swept the back stroke events in my age group! 4IM was fun with two of my Kenosha swim buds doing it with me, Carl and Scotty; there were only two other 4IMers at this meet apart from the Kenosha contingent, everyone else scratched... which means I got a top 5 spot (4th actually) overall in that gnarly event.
    Categories
    Uncategorized