View RSS Feed

Alex's swim journal

It's a journey: musings on art, literature, life... and occasional notes on training.

1. Weekend "swims"

by , November 11th, 2012 at 07:51 PM (Alex's swim journal)
    My "swimming" (so-called because it takes place in the water and represents an intention on my part to emulate that activity, which others do so proficiently... and not because what I was doing looked very much like swimming), my so-called "swimming" was really pathetic Saturday and Sunday. I ran out of time both days and ended up in the pool in the last hour before closing time at the YMCA, which always makes me feel rushed. I thought I would just do a time-trial 3000 instead of the postal, since that's about all I had time for on Saturday. I didn't warm-up and realized about 200-yards in that my legs were going to be a lot more sore from that kick-drill work-out than I wanted. Then, my breathing was off, my flip-turns awkward, eventually I started cramping... so I scratched on the time trial and just did 2500, calling it a day with 15 minutes to closing time.

Today I only had 45 minutes, so I did the following:
    300 warm-up (fr/br/bk)
    500 fr EZ swim
    100 br
    100 bk
    10 x 50 on :55 (:41-:45)
    300 cool-dwn (fr/br/bk)

1800 total in 35 minutes

I just wasn't feelin' it this weekend. Hope I have a little more time next weekend and that my swims are normal this week.
    Categories
    Uncategorized