did

w/u
    200 s
    200 k
    200 p
    6x75 sprints

main set

c/d

First lunchtime swim while the highschool ear is in session. Ironically, the pool was not crowded, people were nice, and the kids were no wheres to be seen.
    Categories
    Swim Workouts
  2. 10/23/12

today i did my second time trial. it was for 500 yds. i was up at sparrows' fart swimming and the pool was full again. only issue i have is that people really should get in touch with the reality of their abilities. if you are in the medium lane it really is not the best idea to swim breast stroke in a slow way for your entire workout. this becomes an issue when you have to circle swim.

i ended up in the fast lane which motivated me to move. i didn't feel too bad after recovering from the flu. slowly but surely i am getting my endurance up. will try for a masters swim practice this week.

did a 500 warmup and then the time trial, with a 100 cool down.

the 500 felt good after yesterdays 1k.

now i have a pretty good baseline.
    Categories
    Swim Workouts
  3. 10/22/12

did a time trial for 1k. felt pretty good. will do a 500 time trial tomorrow and i should have a good idea of how ability to handle fatigue over a 2 day period.

as the week progresses I will start to build up yardage and get back to swimming 4K in an hour.

swam at 530 am and the place was crowded.
    Categories
    Swim Workouts
  4. October 13 2012 Sat Morning

got into the pool at 0530. Not many in the pool. Had a lane all to myself. Not until the end of my workout did someone swim in the lane next to me. She was fast and effortless during her warm up. helped me keep pace which is what i needed to finish out the swim.

I feel pretty good after last night's run. my wind is coming back and i felt strong int he water.

w/u
    300 s
    300 k

8 x 200 s / 100 k

c/d

100 s

Categories
    Swim Workouts
  5. wed 10/10/12

swam 2K @ 0530. first time i did this during the week. pool was crowded but everyone had a lane. this was def the get out of bed older crowd that wasn't playing around.

This swim took a lot out of me and was the first swim at my old training pace since I was sick. it's amazing how congested I was!

warmup

300 sw
    300 k

2x 100
    2x 200
    2x 300

100 k

100 cd
    Categories
    Swim Workouts
  6. first swim post sick

had some sinus issue all week. swam 1.5 mile this morning .

it felt good to be back in the pool after a week of feeling sick. first half of the swim i felt feeble. second half i could feel my energy come back. and this is probably the first time in a week that my sinuses were clear.

Categories
    Swim Workouts