3 x 100 (50 sw/50K)
    3 x 100

(:15-:20RI)

After that....

200 easy
    12 x 50

200 cd

4100 total

it was a good swim, pool wasn't too busy. Had only one lane mate and she was pretty fast but not obnoxious.

It was nice to get back into the water after taking a week off. At times I felt like i was swimming backwards.... Looking forward to getting some more yards in before the new years.
    Categories
    Swim Workouts
  2. December 10 2012 gotta love mondays

500m warmup
    Repeat 5 times 50m freestyle @8-10 strokes per breath 100m kick

Repeat 10 times 50m sprint freestyle @8-10 strokes per breath 50m easy pace
    Categories
    Swim Workouts
  3. dec 7 2012 life in the medium lane.

distance free From what i remember.....

swam 3550 and for the life of me i can not remember the break down other than it had plenty of 100's and a few 200's because what would a swim be without 200's.

the first half of the swim was nice. shared a lane with a pretty good swimmer. What made him pretty good... his manners. then we got another person in so we had to circle swim. she was extremely ambitious and brought her own pace clock.

i know if you bring your own pace clock it is usually in the form of a wrist watch. but to bring your very own big one that you have to prop up on a set of kick boards just makes you extra special. soon after our new lane mate jumped in we dropped one of the first two. so back to straight out and back. then a guy in the most festive type of jammers decided to hop in.

he was also an ambitious type. and soon in the medium a neck and neck grudge match ensued between the pace clocker and festive jammers. they were barely able to out touch the wall (keep in mind we are supposed to be circular swimming). then they would leave starting a new lap right on each others' toes.

this become obnoxious and luckily i was done with my swim. i need to get fast again and get back into the fast lane.
    Categories
    Swim Workouts
  4. Dec 4 2012

Felt pretty tired this morning after yesterdays swim and lifting. This morning's dip was a 1500 time trial and a total of 2500. did a 500 warm up and a 500 cool down.

Was lucky enough to swim in a circle so the pace was good for me.

Reached my goal of 100 miles for the year the other day. Not bad considering i was not too consistent this year. Shooting for 150 in 2013.
    Categories
    Swim Workouts
  5. December 3 2012

Had a good lunchtime swim. Did an extended sessions of 3850.

w/u
    300 sw
    4x50 sw
    4x75 (50 sw, 25K)
    4x100

main set
    3x100
    1x200
    3x200
    1x200
    3x100
    1x400 (sucked)
    1 min bonus rest
    200 pull (pull it out of my @ss)
    5x50

c/d 200

Had the pool to myself. I really like the lunch swims when i have the time. Usually the morning swim is is very competitive.
    Categories
    Swim Workouts