View RSS Feed

Swim Workouts

1. Tuesday Long Slow Distance

Today i decided to swim early and didn't want to be bothered with multiple sets of this or that. I opted for a Long Slow Distance swim. Did 3000 in 57 min. It was a lot harder than I expected. the part that was hard was not the physical, but the mental aspects. my shoulders were tired and tight, but that passed. Doing a circular swim and swimming constantly worked well this morning.
    Categories
    Swim Workouts
  2. Sunday fun and wet

Good swim had a swim stud in my lane and he was a good pacer.

Swam 3K

300 s/ 300 k WU

4x 150 :10
    200 K
    4x 150 :15
    200 K
    4x 150 :30
    200 K

Haven't been in the pool in awhile. Felt strong and wasted.

Updated September 23rd, 2012 at 06:38 PM by Awf1975

Categories
    Swim Workouts
  3. Tuesday

had a good swim during lunch. did about 2500 in 48 min.

I am always amazed at how people act in swimming pools.

We had a lot of kids in the pool today. there always seems to be that one kid that makes the constant fog horn noise. And it lasts and lasts.
    Categories
    Swim Workouts
  4. Sat Water polo ? Swim

Swam 3 K early the AM.

The early swim on Sat is one of my favorite swims. Not too many people in the water and those that are there are pretty good swimmers. Got a good pace going trying to keep up with a woman triathlete next to me. She was FAST!

In the evening i did 2 hours of water polo. This is only the second time I have done water polo and I really like it! the Sat crowd was not too competitive So I learned some skills. Even got to play goalie which i really suck at. I am amazed at the older guys who used to play in various Southern Cali universities. These guys can tread water for a long time and they are able to basically leap out of the water.
    Tags: water polo
    Categories
    Swim Workouts
  5. Friday Run/ Swim

Run

1 mile w/u
    4 x 800m sprint
    10 burpees between 800's
    1 mile c/d

Later in the day (evening)

Swim
    3 x 500
  6. Thursday Active Rest!

Got a good almost hour long swim at lunch.

w/u
    300 sw
    200 k

4 x 300 (100 sw/ 100K/ 100 sw)

600 sw

4 x 100 (50 fast / 50 recov)

300 cd

by the time the 600 hit my swim become a circle swim and a sustained sprint.

for some reason the lunch swim was packed. almost no parking and the lanes had 3-4 people.
    Categories
    Swim Workouts
  7. Monday Aug 6, 12

got a good lunchtime swim in.

w/u
    2x150 sw
    100 K

4 x

50 fast
    50 recov
    100 build

2 x 800

c/d

Swim was good. Only problem is how the pool is managed. We had aqua runners in lap swimming lanes. they didn't have the presence of mind to move over to the slow lane. Rather they spent their time in the medium lane.

Finished the night with Hapkido.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12