View RSS Feed

Nobody Special

Ramblings and writings from Port Orange, FL

1. 2000 yards

by , February 22nd, 2012 at 03:35 PM (Nobody Special)
    100 warm up

4x100 free (w/fins) 2 m int

10x50 free (w/o fins) 1 m int

10x50 back (w/fins) 1 m int

1x100 (w/fins)
    1x100 (w/o fins)
    1x100 (w/fins)
    1x100 (w/o fins) - all on 2 m int

100 warm down
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. 1900 yds today

by , February 20th, 2012 at 02:19 PM (Nobody Special)
    100 warm up
    1x200 free (w/fins)
    2x75 free (w/o fins) 1:30 int

1x200 free (w/fins)
    2x75 free (w/o fins) 1:30 int

6x50 back (w/fins)

7x 100 free (w/fins) 1 m int

100 warm down
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. 7 yo daughter joining me on my run

by , February 17th, 2012 at 10:23 PM (Nobody Special)
    * Yesterday my 7 yo daughter rode a bike w/o training wheels for the first time. Today she rode with me on my mile run. Pretty cool!

* Back in the pool this morning for an 1800 yard workout:

100 warm up
    2x100 free (w/fins) 2 m int
    4x50 free (w/o fins) 1 m int

2x100 free (w/fins) 2 m int
    2x50 free (w/o fins) 1 m int
    1x100 free (w/fins)

16x25 free (w/o fins) 30 s int

4x100 (kick/swim/kick/swim - w/fins) 2 m int

100 warm down
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. uh oh

by , February 15th, 2012 at 07:37 PM (Nobody Special)
    * Went to play basketball today and whenever I went to shoot the ball my right arm felt light jelly. I mean there was just no strength whatsoever in that arm to shoot with. I couldn't believe it - this has never happened to me before.

* MRI is tomorrow - if it comes up negative I will be extremely surprised.

* Starting to up the yars today - slightly. Also starting to swim with the fins less. here is the workout:

1700 yds

100 warm up
    2x50 kick/swim(w/o fins)*
    2X50 kick/swim (w/fins)
    2x50 kick/swim (w/o fins)
    2x50 kick/swim (w/fins)

4x50 kick
    4x50 free w/fins

2x50 free (w/o fins)
    2x50 free (w/fins)
    2X50 free (w/o fins)
    2X50 free (w/fins)

3x100 (k/s/k/s) - 2 min int
    100 warm down

*all 50s in workout on a 1 min int
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. 24 miles behind

by , February 13th, 2012 at 10:50 AM (Nobody Special)
    * My goal was to get to 365 miles swum by the end of the year. As of now I'm 24 miles behind. I jumped out to a good start - was ahead of the game by a few miles before my shoulder injury set in. Once I'm back up to speed I think I should be able to catch back up and make it to my goal by the end of the year. Funny thing - I thought I wasn't going for enough when I originally made it...

*Today's 1600 yd work out:

100 warm up
    3x100 (kickxswimxkickxswim) - 2 m int
    8x25 free w/o fins (40 s int)
    4x50 free w/ fins (1 m int)
    4x50 kick (1 m int)
    2x50 free w/o fins (1 m int)
    2x50 free w/fins (1 m int)
    3x100 (kick/swim/kick/swim) - 2 m int

* I'm slowly starting to drop the fins from portions of the work out. Will try to do a little more with each workout in the future.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  6. Saturday 1600

by , February 11th, 2012 at 06:21 PM (Nobody Special)
    * 100 warm up
    3x100 (kick/swim/kick/swim) 2 m int
    8x50 free (1 m int)
    8x50 kick (1 m int)
    3x100 (kick/swim/kick/swim) 2 m int
    100 warm down

* felt good in the pool. Still wearing fins. Warm ups w/o however.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  7. Another 1600 yd workout

by , February 10th, 2012 at 04:47 PM (Nobody Special)
    * Still keeping it nice and easy and with fins on keeping all of the power to my legs- here is the workout:

100 warm up
    6x50 back-kick (1 m int)
    8x50 free (1 m kick)
    8x50 (2 50s back-kick, 1 50 kick/back, 1 50 back) 2 times (1 m int)
    12x25 free (30 s int)
    100 warm down

* shoulder good
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  8. Sometimes Military Medical Sucks

by , February 9th, 2012 at 11:55 AM (Nobody Special)
    * I thought I had an MRI scheduled for tomorrow but upon calling them today to confirm it I found out it was moved to next Thursday. WTH?

* I'm not mad about them changing the date - but what does irk me is that it will be a month since being seen by the doc that I get the MRI done. It will be two months before getting into physical therepy.

* Being active duty CG I use a Navy Clinic on board a Marine Corps base for medical - one of the guys who works for me switched from this same clinic to a civilian PCM. He also has shoulders issues - went to his PCM who had him on an MRI machine in less than a week.

* Granted - I liked my Navy doc quite well but she PCS'd out of her job the day after she saw me so whenever I go back I have to deal with a whole new doctor. These Navy docs are usually young and inexperienced so when I get one I really like I try my best to stick with them.

* I'm basically getting back to swimming in the blind with this shoulder issue because of all the lag time involved on the MRI and therapy. The problem is that I'm going insane and getting fat because I'm barely working out. Unfortunately I have a job that requires that I'm sane and thin - which is why I'm taking a chance on starting swimming back up.

*I basically have to wait till I get MRI results back before I can bump up the intensity in the pool - which sucks.

* When this shoulder thing is done I may switch to a civilian PCM...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  9. 1600 yds - better than nothing

by , February 8th, 2012 at 07:22 PM (Nobody Special)
    * Hootie Hooooo - back in the pool today for an extremely low impact workout. My last swimming workout was exactly 4 weeks ago from today. I was able to swim 1600 yds but with little impact on the shoulder - all the power was from the legs as I was wearing fins. Put my arms through the motions but did not pull through the water. Here is the workout:

100 warm up
    6 X 50 free (1:15 interval)
    8 X 50 kick (1 min int)
    8 X 50 rotating back/free (1 min int)
    6 x 50 free (1 min int)
    100 warm down

* Shoulder feels no worse today and still feels like it is on the upswing.

* Taking tomm off from swimming and will be back in the pool on Friday morning - I haven't stopped running yet and don't plan too...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  10. 2 Miles

by , February 6th, 2012 at 07:18 PM (Nobody Special)
    * Furthest I've run in a month - shoulder feeling real good now. I'm hopeful that what is/was wrong with it is nothing serious - just needed some down time...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  11. Not Quite Yet

by , February 2nd, 2012 at 02:17 PM (Nobody Special)
    * I was hoping I could get back in the water by tomorrow but as of now the shoulder is still hurting a bit and I don't want to take any chances. As of now I'm looking at Monday to pick it back up - though it will be light yardage and light workouts for awhile.

* Thankfully I'm able to get back to a normal routine at work - was u/w again yesterday to swing one of my boats' compass. Light chop on the water but the shoulder felt good.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  12. Active Day at Work tells me its not long now...

by , January 30th, 2012 at 09:08 PM (Nobody Special)
    * Shoulder doing much better. Did not need to take any meds for pain today. Right arm still has some pain.

* Decided to give my duty coxn a break and got underway for helo ops today. Was out for nearly 4 hours and everything felt okay. Nice to be back on the water - now if I can just get back in the water everything will be perfect.

* Still hoping to get back into the pool by the end of the week - but am not going to push it.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  13. Hopefull

by , January 29th, 2012 at 06:15 PM (Nobody Special)
    * Finally feels like this injury is starting to get better. Still got some pain but it is no where near as bad as it has been or was even yesterday.

* I'm hoping I get back in the pool by the end of the week. Not sure what kind of a work out I will start back with - going to be thinking about it.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  14. Screw this s++t

by , January 28th, 2012 at 06:32 PM (Nobody Special)
    * still in a lot of pain.
    * extremely grumpy because I hate being so inactive. Being grumpy makes me wanna eat. Eating without swimming makes me fat. Pisses me the hell off.
    * Can't understand for the life of me why this injury is not healing - wednesday it will be three weeks w/o swimming.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  15. Beached

by , January 24th, 2012 at 07:05 PM (Nobody Special)
    * Went to see Doctor today - Xrays taken - MRI ordered. Ultram for pain prescribed.

* Doc thinks shoulder is at issue and not back.

* Severe pain now in right upper arm and elbow.

* No swimming right now - doc's orders - at least not until tests come back.

* Given the green light to keep running an easy mile per day - and to keep it light and easy.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  16. This is starting to really suck!

by , January 23rd, 2012 at 06:14 PM (Nobody Special)
    * was hoping to get back in the pool this week but my back is hurting worse today than it was at my last entry. I'm looking at going back to the doc tommorrow - maybe.

* I feel the most crappy when I can't work out consistantly. This measly mile a day of running isn't cutting it but I'm afraid to go further or faster as I don't want to exasperate this injury.

* completed steroids yesterday - waste of freakin time as far as I'm concerened.

* still taking naproxen and motrin - waste of freaking time....

* took muscle relaxer last night - whatever - it put me to sleep while I was trying to watch the giants 49ers game - should have known better...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  17. Injury status

by , January 21st, 2012 at 11:46 AM (Nobody Special)
    * still unable to swim

* still able to maintain an easy mile per day

* Back feeling better - but still pain.

* One more day to go on steroid

* motrin and naproxen intake reduced to one dose of each a day.
    Tags: injury
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  18. 8 days out today

by , January 19th, 2012 at 03:10 PM (Nobody Special)
    * Have had back injury steady for 8 days now. Injury is actually upper right quadrant muscle which is causing pain and numbness in right arm as well.

*Injury cause from swimming - though I'm unsure how - guess is from overuse.

* To doctor last Friday - prescibed course of steroid, muscle relaxer, and vicadon. I declined vicadin. Supplementing other two with motrin and naproxen.

*Not able to swim due to severe pain which is slowly receding. Hoped to be back into pool by yesterday but pain is still bad enough to not swim.

*Able to maintain running one easy mile a day. Back feels loose and better immediately after run but pain comes back. Pain at worst in the morning.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12