Blog Comments

^^ What he said!

And the 100 kicks. 100 kick in 1:20? I don't think I've been under 1:30 for a 100 SCY.

Good stuff, Ande.
    Those are astonishingly good practice times for 100 and 200 LCM backstroke.
    "swam with Bob, Boris"

Bobby "Boris" Pickett?
    The LCM drop down 50's without fins too?
    SPMA should be a great event, as always. I'm going to miss all the big LCM season-ender meets, but if you want a taste of the sun as a prep for Mission Viejo, we have the annual "heatstroker" meet over two days in Scottsdale July 18th and 19th.
    I was very tempted to do the SPMS meet also but we are very likely hosting a meet in Rockwall that weekend. The weekend after Nationals. The train sounds like a great idea.
    thank y'all
    It does indeed look like much. I couldn't accomplish those splits with my fins on.
    1300 meters of quality speed work. I won't accuse you of swimming an easy workout!
    8x last week and these workouts - you're in beast mode. Keep up the great work.
    That sounds like a terribly hard double, Ande.

So you're going to nationals? What events are you training for?
    Thank y'all,
    I'm gonna ramp up my race pace swimming & strength training around the beginning of March. San Antonio is definitely on my calendar.
    I went to New Orleans with Beth, Dane & Tess, we did a little vacation and everybody got the flu shortly after getting home so we're pretty sure we were infected there.

Dec training was just survival and get back in shape. January's been better.
    Agree with Patrick.

You have had your best results when you were doing race pace training ...

I think it's difficult to be mentally ready to compete at a high level every year. And I can sympathize with you. I've having an off year and motivational issues myself. Don't be too hard on yourself!

There is plenty of time to get ready for San Antonio.
    Quote Originally Posted by scyfreestyler
    Kicked a 1:07! Good stuff, Ande!
    I second this!
    Kicked a 1:07! Good stuff, Ande!
    'sorry to hear you had to cancel your trip to College Park. We would have been in adjacent lanes in the 100 back and while you would have smoked me, I was looking forward to meeting you. I hope your troubles are soon behind you.
    That's a bummer.

Good to see your post again!
    Updated August 18th, 2014 at 05:05 PM by __steve__
    Nice swim! I really like those splits. Have you thought about competing in the 1500?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    Ouch! You did have a rough nationals. Cramps are the worst. I've had one ruin a race at nationals. Consider staying away from those crappy outdoor pools.
    thanks, I'm not a fan of backstroke in out door pools
Page 1 of 84 123451151 ... LastLast