Blog Comments

they cancelled sharkfest
    heard they couldn't secure an exit point permit
    what's interesting is there's 24 ways to order an IM
    4 x 3 x 2 x 1
    It might be good to get the br out of the way but fly is a boger for me and I've died bad on the 2nd 50 of 100's

I think the worst order would be
    BK BR FL FR
    putting free last to not get a FR to another stroke transition but it might be toughest to put fly last
    or
    BK BR FR FL
    could you imagine a 4 IM with that order?
    a lot few swimmers would do it
    I think you'll enjoy the OW swim. I know I do. Completely different mindset from pool swims, largely because the time really doesn't mean that much (unlike pools, conditions change too drastically from race to race). I think it is fun to do both; good luck.
    I really like that you are able to do both LCM and SCY in a single workout. That would be ideal. That's a long workout. I would probably do 4 x 100's instead of the 8. Nice!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    As a swimmer, I love the idea. As a stroke & turn official, it's ludicrous!
    Yes...especially with multiple swimmers all swimming different orders. How would you be for sure certain that someone didn't slip in two freestyles, and skip breaststroke for example? Only I would try something like that I'm sure.

Edit: Whoops...Chowmi already basically said that.
    I also agree with Tyler, much the same as Chris - if you are not a breastroker AND a good flyer, then the advantage is the dive and UW pull and fresh on breast, having a relative advantage of fly being just about anywhere else in the race. 2nd is good to get it out of the way, and a compatable 2 handed touch turn. The only part I disagree is that I think it is easier to do back 3rd and free last, since one is used to back in the middle and free at the end.

I think an official's idea of Hell is to officiate mystery IMs and suddenly have to keep track of 4 lanes and what strokes they did/have left to go. As a swimmer, you might be tempted to do 2 x frees and simply bet the odds that the official won't notice!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Stevenson
    I'm going to agree with Tyler's order, at least for non-breaststrokers. The less time I actually spend doing breaststroke the better, so doing it off the start would be great. I like the free-back idea too.
    I'm with you and Tyler, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Stevenson
    I agree that they should leave the order up to the swimmer. IMs are fun to watch anyway, but that would make it even more fun. Especially if the swimmer didn't have to specify it ahead of time!
    As a swimmer, I love the idea. As a stroke & turn official, it's ludicrous!
    I'm going to agree with Tyler's order, at least for non-breaststrokers. The less time I actually spend doing breaststroke the better, so doing it off the start would be great. I like the free-back idea too.

I agree that they should leave the order up to the swimmer. IMs are fun to watch anyway, but that would make it even more fun. Especially if the swimmer didn't have to specify it ahead of time!
    Hi Leslie,

Thanks. I'm resting but would rather train.
    It's so much easier to do the assigned workouts.
    This will probably be my last SCY meet for 2012 then I'll return to what works on getting faster. Strength and speed. I'm planning on Omaha LCM & would rather not suck.
    aka single leg romanian deadlift. it works the glutes and hamstrings, but the balancing also helps the hip joint.

http://www.coreperformance.com/knowl...rm--1-leg.html
    You didn't rest much for your last meet. You should for this one. Plenty of time to train for Omaha.

Sorry about the hip. My left one occasionally barks at me too. Might be a touch of bursitis or arthritis. A trainer told me to do hip hinges for them. I'll try to find a link when I get home.
    Quote Originally Posted by ande
    How did you swim?
    A LOT

I got 15 swims in. My training was inconsistent since the beginning of the year, so I thought I would grab times in any event I might be interested in as a baseline for the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyd Thomas
    Hi, Ande---- So far you have had a rough year. Congratulations on surviving, and hang in there! Considering the circumstances, your swimming is first-rate. Cyd Thomas
    thank you Cyd
    Quote Originally Posted by qbrain
    You actually looked lighter than you did 2 years ago.
    Thanks Q, I need to be even lighter to swim faster, somewhere between 195 to 205 is probably ideal and I was 220 to 225

How did you swim?
    Quote Originally Posted by Flach
    Hi Ande... I was there at the meet.... Even though you didn't post personal bests, your swimming was FAB!! Keep inspiring the rest of us out there...
    Thanks Flach
    how'd you do?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    I think you analyzed everything correctly. This is the least speed for the longest period of time I can remember. And you didn't rest much for the meet at all. Better times ahead!
    Thank you Leslie,
    Hopefully better times are ahead. When I rest I usually enter a speed and strength phase. I planned one but didn't do it and that cost me. It's been a while since I swam in a meet and didn't improve something. I was slower across the board.
    Hi, Ande---- So far you have had a rough year. Congratulations on surviving, and hang in there! Considering the circumstances, your swimming is first-rate. Cyd Thomas
    lose weight
    You actually looked lighter than you did 2 years ago.
    Hi Ande... I was there at the meet.... Even though you didn't post personal bests, your swimming was FAB!! Keep inspiring the rest of us out there...
    I think you analyzed everything correctly. This is the least speed for the longest period of time I can remember. And you didn't rest much for the meet at all. Better times ahead!