Blog Comments

Ande, that is not necessariliy a "bad" 400 IM swim. Along with the possible reasons you cited, sometimes you just don't have the "it" factor, and every one in awhile your body, mind, and opportunity are in different planes and don't intersect. It would register higher on the radar had you executed a perfect swim and really gutted it out; then i'd be more concerned with the overall time. But considering as you say so yourself that you went smooth and didn't attack it, plus even powering down to 2 beat kicks at the end, well, perhaps you just needed a tune up event!

Nice job on the 1650! Given that one little thing per 50 costs or reduces your time, that is a very good swim!!!!!

Good luck today and have fun! I am going to do P90X, school projects with the girls, and go to Sam's Club instead. I will be there tomorrow!! See you then!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by knelson
    I'm surprised you're allowed to enter that many events. Good luck!
    you can do 5 events a day at Colonies Zones. Just one event Friday. Of course, they don't hold the 400 IM on Friday anymore.

Good luck, Ande!
    Quote Originally Posted by knelson
    I would love to be able to do that in meets around here as well Kirk! You know I'm crazy enough (and have the skillzzz) to do so.
    There is a meet in Boise, Idaho sometimes that runs in the spring, that has an unlimited number of entries with a flat rate fee. I'm thinking about going one year and doing the whole series of events! Seriously!
    2011 SCM was a def drag
    hope to make omaha
    looking forward to the trials pool
    tyler's brining a laser measure
    we'll see how it goes
    Yeah, you haven't seemed too psyched. You're still in fantastic shape despite the spotty training. I can see being anxious to age up. I think I'll be that way next year already.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    Are you psyched for your meet?
    What events are you swimming?
    kind of psyched but not super
    Feb was kind of spotty training for me &
    I'm kinda biding my time till I age up

Entered the following
    (will def scratch several)

Event
    Number Gender Distance Stroke Time

03/30/2012
    2 Male 400 SCY IM 4:22.70
    4 Male 1650 SCY Free 18:59.99

03/31/2012
    6 Male 500 SCY Free 5:09.99
    8 Male 100 SCY IM 0:54.99
    12 Male 50 SCY Breast 0:28.80
    16 Male 50 SCY Back 0:24.99
    20 Male 100 SCY Fly 0:54.99

04/01/2012
    28 Male 100 SCY Breast 1:06.99
    32 Male 50 SCY Fly 0:23.99
    34 Male 100 SCY Back 0:55.99
    40 Male 200 SCY IM 2:00.99
    51 Male 1000 SCY Free 10:59.99

https://www.damswim.com/files/2012_zone_masters_entry.pdf
    Are you psyched for your meet? What events are you swimming?
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    Try to make it to Omaha: it should be a blast of an experience swimming in the Trials pool and the facility.
    Provided it's measured correctly!
    Big bummer about SCM.

Try to make it to Omaha: it should be a blast of an experience swimming in the Trials pool and the facility.

Swim fast next weekend and get the pool measured.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    Very good news indeed! Yes, Zones is right around the corner for you. Do you know what events you're swimming?
    zones are even closer now
    I've entered 1, 2, & 4 IM
    most sprints
    5 events on Sat & Sun but plan to drop one or 2 each day
    Very good news indeed! Yes, Zones is right around the corner for you. Do you know what events you're swimming?
    Quote Originally Posted by jaadams1
    Did he send an email first?
    Probably, he's a smart guy & a fast swimmer.
    trained with Jim Korey, Max, & Tenneile,
    beside Larry, Bob, Stan, & Dale on my left Tyler, Todd, Chris, & guest Dave Sims swam on my right in the wall lane which I hate & avoid.
    Did he send an email first?

Below is Longhorn Masters March schedule
    Visitors must email Whitney for approval
    $10 drop in fee
    i don't mind, I know what's coming
    Sometimes I do better sometimes i do worse
    sometimes I modify the 2nd practice to create a different effect. Plus Noon practice is 15 min shorter than AM practice.
    Do you like doing the exact same workout again just a few hours later like this, or would you prefer to have a different "unknown" practice for the second swim? When I double in a day, I try to do two semi-different types of practices, though it doesn't always happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by hrietz
    As a pathologist with some expertise in soft tissue pathology, I can assure you that it is a rare diagnosis. I also would not want to mess around with it. If it is at the margins, I would want it conservatively re-excised. Giving up 2 weeks of swimming is nothing in the overall scheme of things especially if it prevents a recurrence later on.
    Thank you Heather, that's the recommendation my doc made.
    He called yesterday & spoke with my wife.
    Today we set an appointment with a surgeon in San Antonio for next Tuesday to talk about things.
    When I touch where it was, there's no bump, just the surgery scar.
    Dad's improved & still improving
    a few years ago we started calling Whole Foods
    The Whole
    it's kinda funny
    Glad to hear you and your dad are on the mend! I like how you refer to Whole Foods as "the whole."
    Thank y'all so much. Y'all are awesome. We were so worried and waiting for answers and test results was awful, but he dramaticly improved & is making changes for better health going forward.

Ande