Blog Comments

thanks steve
    had a nice time on Sunday

thanks gull
    see you at the pool
    Hi Leslie
    Thank you, I was hoping to be closer to the NR, winds were crazy and outdoor backstroke is harder for me, right now I'm pondering what to do for zones. the 400 IM & the 50 bk, are my 2 focus events this summer, they aren't real related

Hey StewartACarroll
    thanks man

Hi Patrick
    thank you
    I hope I "could've been faster with better conditions on that 400 IM."
    it was very windy.
    I prefer indoors, I've got Zones in 5 weeks, maybe I'll do better there.
    This meet is still going on??

Nice races.
    Nice swim, Ande.
    Good luck Monday! That is awsome you have all of Sunday to recharge your fast twitch
    Great swims. I'm really impressed with both of them; I imagine you could've been faster with better conditions on that 400 IM. Sounds like a lot of hurry up and wait.

I wondered about the heat and lightning when the meet was announced to be held there in the summer. I didn't think about hurricanes. I imagine they considered it, but wonder why they didn't hold it at the indoor pool in Orlando. That would've been safer.
    Great swims. I'm really impressed with both of them; I imagine you could've been faster with better conditions on that 400 IM. Sounds like a lot of hurry up and wait.

I wondered about the heat and lightning when the meet was announced to be held there in the summer. I didn't think about hurricanes. I imagine they considered it, but wonder why they didn't hold it at the indoor pool in Orlando. That would've been safer.
    Awesome job Andy. That sucks about the wheather but there is not much you can do about it. Keep up the great work.
    Great job Ande! Only 3 seconds off the NR in the 400 IM. The winds must have slowed times slightly. Keep it up!
    Thanks, I turn 50 in May
    It looks like a good LCM schedule. Are you 50 in FINA years yet or still a young 49?
    He's 50, so this is the year to do some damage in 45-49
    I wish I could get one of my clients to schedule a meeting in Sarasota in early June, but it ain't gonna happen.

It looks like a good LCM schedule. Are you 50 in FINA years yet or still a young 49?
    Hi __steve__
    How do you endure 18 minutes of sprinting?
    I wasn't sprinting, if I sprinted I would have gone much faster at first and hurt much worse

thanks StewartACarroll

thank you fdtotten
    "domino distraction of the day"
    "Taking the fly out slightly more relaxed during the first 50 of the 400 IM could have led towards the stronger finish you wanted."
    True

hey Karl_S
    "Way to "man up" and do the tough double!"
    I felt like I was a man down and not likely to do it again
    it's a harsh way to begin a meet

jaadams1
    "That a great day of swimming! I always say if you sign up for it and pay for it, you might as well swim it. No point in throwing money away."
    thanks, it was a flat fee meet

pwb
    "It wasn't a dumb double, it was a manly double. You've training enough endurance work over the last few years that this made sense. Great times."
    OK times, the IM was pretty good but I did go, 4:18 a few years ago in a jammer, maybe if I'd only had the 4 IM I would have been tougher, I honestly felt like I wussed out a bit on the FR and didn't start my 6 beat kick soon enough
    Ande,

It wasn't a dumb double, it was a manly double. You've training enough endurance work over the last few years that this made sense. Great times.
    That a great day of swimming! I always say if you sign up for it and pay for it, you might as well swim it. No point in throwing money away.
    Way to "man up" and do the tough double! I suspect that reflecting back some time in the future you will see these as good swims.
    Having to rush to get ready for your first event was your domino distraction of the day. Taking the fly out slightly more relaxed during the first 50 of the 400 IM could have led towards the stronger finish you wanted. Still it was a very solid 400 IM for you. Ross Davis is having a great meet and Jim Saur's IM splits are outstanding particularly with the fly at 1:00.25 & free of 1:01.01. If anyone can do the 400IM/1650 double, you certainly can! Even with the LT overload from the IM you swam the 1650 with respectable effort. Dick Worrell swam a terrific and very impressive 1650. Looking at the Zones meet results, there a lot of great swims.
    Despite the challenges you did a great job!
    How do you endure 18 minutes of sprinting?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    Even distance swimmers complain about the day after a 1650.
    I don't mind a 1650 when it's on day one, or first event of a meet. I really dislike it when it's the final event of a meet or weekend. Kind of like my last SCM 1500 that I did...final event of the day. I was pooped before falling off the blocks, but wasn't going to miss it.

I'm also envious of those areas that allow so many entries in multi-day meets. Our multi-day meets still have a cap of 6 total events for the weekend here in the Northwest.

I'm sure I'll have a few age group LCM meets coming up that I'll be eating these words though...
Page 4 of 84 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast