Blog Comments

You seem in good enough condition to swim well after the 1650. But if you really care about Sat's events, I'm not sure I'd swim that. Even distance swimmers complain about the day after a 1650.
    Good luck! Swim the 1650 as well. I would too in that case just to try to beat Lance! Then double him up in the 1000
    You have some great races lined up. I bet you're excited. Good luck!
    thank y'all
    we'll see
    It looks like its going to a great meet. I wish I could have made the meet but had a family commitment. Best of luck Ande.
    Good luck at the meet.
    Good luck Ande!

Hope your events are fun.
    Updated April 3rd, 2013 at 08:11 AM by __steve__
    Yay for aging up! What will be your first meet in 50-54? LCM Nats maybe? Pan Ams?
    thank you
    hope so we'll see
    Great swimming Ande. You must be very early in your taper, and you obviously have a lot to come. I am assuming you are going to have fun aging up at zones!
    The swim center is about a mile from my office
    I'm going to go catch 10 am prelims
    With the admitted caveat of being jealous that you can go watch the Big 12's, it is a crying shame to have only 3 teams on the men's side. Heck, even the women's side is pretty lame with only 5 teams. Where's the online petition to bring back the Southwest Conference?
    I was
    lady gaga was fun and my wife had a great time
    kinda crazy to drive home that late then hit morning practice
    You must be exhausted. Was Lady Gaga at least worth the long drive?
    Quote Originally Posted by ande
    Thanks buddy!!
    Hows your training going?
    Training like a rock star lately, and still getting faster at the meets, even as I get older.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaadams1
    Nice going!
    Thanks buddy!!
    Hows your training going?
    Hey Leslie,
    thank you
    I hope to return to being a sprinter as meets approach, 4 to 6 weeks out.
    I turn 50 on May 21st.
    Whats new in your world?
    Hey Fdtotten,
    I felt fine and steady towards the end, somewhat fatigued. Relieved that I didn't cramp
    Hey Jim,

Thank you sir, I don't know how I managed to do that, guess I got in a groove.

"Your 100 pace this year in the hour swim was 1:06.85. Your 100 pace for last year's individual 1650 was 1:05.54. Thus, you swam the much shorter distance at a rate only 1.31 seconds faster per hundred than the much longer distance. Is this fairly typical of the expected drop?"

Probably not, I'd think a true D man can hold a much faster pace when we compare his best effort 1650 with his pace in a 5 to 6000 swim. maybe by 2, 3, or 4 seconds per 100
    my 1650 swim was an after thought and not a trained for event not a focus event or even a priority.
    sometimes interesting things can happen when we're well warmed up

there'd be much more difference between an all out 100 and my 100 pace for the 500.
    like maybe 49 vs 59 or 60

I agree I should be able to swim sub 18:00 in the 1650.
    but I might not enter it at zones. it depends on where it falls in the order of events.
    This year I'm training for all the IMs plus 50's & 100's, so I'll do D training along with some speed and strength work as meets approach.

We'll see & thanks again.

Ande
    Nice going!
Page 5 of 84 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast