Blog Comments

Thought I saw your lane take a break before the last four 100s. We went straight from 1:15, which I made, to 1:10, which I did not. That set remains my nemesis.
    That was Kristy Ditzler in your lane. Her brother was Kyle Ditzler who swam for Alabama back in the late 70s. She is very tough.
    Jim & Dick were doing the postal 6k so I decided to join them
    Sounds like how I got roped into the 800 IM
    had I done it correctly, it would have been pretty tough
    assigned: 1000 fr done 175 mod 25 fast no breath
    Did: 5 x (125 fr, 50 break, 25 fl fast no breath)
    Ouch, doesn't sound fun at all.
    Updated October 16th, 2012 at 12:07 PM by ande
    How many days do you take off per week (or month) from swimming?
    I take off 1 or 2, I prefer to swim 6 days a week. Sometimes I swim 5, Some days I do doubles.
    last week I swam Mon - Fri & took off Sat & Sun. Almost went Sun to do a 3k with Jim & Dick

How often do you swim at 100% effort (the speed you can only maintain for about 10-12 seconds) per week?
    Not sure, I need to do more and will do more as my meet in Dec approaches & I enter the strength & speed phase of my training. Today I did some pretty fast 25's but nothing all out. I prefer to do all out swims when I have at least 1, 2 or more minutes rest before the effort, usually for time and I'm concentrating on and get psyched to swim AFAP.
    Ande,

How many days do you take off per week (or month) from swimming?

How often do you swim at 100% effort (the speed you can only maintain for about 10-12 seconds) per week?

Thanks,

Steve
    Quote Originally Posted by gull
    Whitney writes some hefty workouts. I made three rounds on 1:18 (without equipment) before I had to leave for work. Thought I saw you in the next lane, but things were getting a bit fuzzy for some reason.
    hey gull
    I started out 2 lanes over but had trouble with 1:08, so I bailed and joined the 1:12 - 1:15 lane, I saw your woollyness in the lane next to mine. I had Jeff, Jason, Sharon, & Larry in my lane, then UT swimmers got out so Jeff & I moved to the lane on the far side of Tyler & Chris to attempt 1:12 because Larry, Jason & sharon wanted to stick with 1:15 or 14 . Then after we'd done 3 or 4 of that last set, I was leading with Jeff 5sec behind. I did a flip turn lane change. (Jeff lost his draft and had trouble with 1:12's)

Tomorrows fast friday, come crank!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    Nasty workout! Are you training for the 1000?
    It was difficult, I wasn't ready for 10 on 1:08 for warm up. I plan to shift soon. I age up next year and gotta get in great shape. I don't plan on swimming any 800's, 1ks, 1500's, 3k's 6k's or hour swims. I might do a 400 IM, though my main focus is 50's, 100's & 200's
    I need to get strong & fast. I've been lifting and plan to really hit it from mid oct till taper my early dec meet.
    Whitney writes some hefty workouts. I made three rounds on 1:18 (without equipment) before I had to leave for work. Thought I saw you in the next lane, but things were getting a bit fuzzy for some reason.
    Nasty workout! Are you training for the 1000?
    In that case I may taper and shave for Zones instead of going to Indy.
    PWB
    That's all I have right now, I will share more as soon as I know more. The 2013 South Central SCY Zone Championships are tentatively scheduled for Fri Apr 5 - Sun Apr 7th, but it's not confirmed yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    Do share more news about Zones. That'll make 2013 an embarrassment of riches with Nationals in Indy and Zones at UT. Those are my two favorite pools in the world. Sadly, I'll probably have to choose only one ...
    How about NW Zones at Federal Way? I'm sure it'll be there in the spring. You still need to swim there I think.
    Do share more news about Zones. That'll make 2013 an embarrassment of riches with Nationals in Indy and Zones at UT. Those are my two favorite pools in the world. Sadly, I'll probably have to choose only one ...
    You're welcome, I was just trying to separate "gotta get to work" from "I'm tired and don't feel like doing another"
    You did it & you are better because of it
    Water was pretty warm. I did not want to swim number 8. Thanks for pushing me.
    Hi Ande!

Bummer about the car. Things like that just about stop your world until they are resolved. We keep an extra work outfit (suit and/or Court approved attire) in our office for any occasion that requires more than shorts and flip flops. It's like Superman and Wonder Woman when we change! It has been worth the investment of an entire extra outfit to keep at work, down to shoes and socks. hee hee!
    thank y'all
    thanks Kurt, records just make it tougher for the next guy or guys.
    I'm going to keep on working on speed and strength. Last year I started lifting in Nov for our Dec SCM meet and I'm starting now
    thanks, wasn't quite 6 seconds, we were happy to have Mike Varozza on our relay & it's tough when the relay is the last event of the day
Page 8 of 84 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast