View RSS Feed

Ande's Swimming Blog

Ande's Swimming Blog blogged by Ande Rasmussen who swims with Longhorn Aquatics Masters in Austin, Texas.
started March 2005 on the USMS Discussion Forums at:
http://www.usms.org/forums/showthread.php?t=4298 & kept blogging there till September 2008.

Ande was coached by

Paul Bergen on Longhorn Aquatics from 1979 to 1982

Eddie Reese on the University of Texas Mens Team from 1981 to 1986

Ande is currently coached by Whitney Hedgepeth on Longhorn Aquatics Masters
Come Train with us! Check the Schedule

1. FAST FRIED FRIDAY Oct 26th, 2012

by , October 26th, 2012 at 10:29 AM (Ande's Swimming Blog)
    Fri Oct 26th, 2012

SCM meet is in 35 days, 5 weeks

Yesterday I came back at noon, decided to rest more before my fast 2 & 1 free
    went 1:57 & 54
    Last night I went to see Madonna in Houston, 160 miles from my home, I was warned the concert start time says 8:00, she took the stage at 10:45 and a DJ played before that.
    It was a quite spectacle, the most elaborate stage set up I've ever seen, everything choreographed, pretty sure she lip synched or was autotuned, but it was very entertaining and she is a remarkably fit 53 year old woman.
    We found her set list online and decided to leave with a few songs left so we wouldn't get stuck in the parking garage which might have added 45 min to an hour more to our travel time. We left around 12:40 and didn't get home till 3:00 am, I slept a little then I woke up at 5:00 am to make todays 6:00 am fast friday practice. So I'm a bit fried and sleep deprived.

also this morning I drove in on an alternate route, a new section of toll road 130 just opened near my home so I decided to try it while it's free till Nov 11th. 130 is making national news because there's stretches of it where the posted legal speed limit is 85. it's longer and wasn't faster than my usual way but its the fastest way for me to get to the airport or to by pass austin during high traffic hours when I'm headed north or stay off IH 35 when I'm headed south to san antonio. Plus it's just different and kinda fun to legally drive 85.

Whitney coached
    SCY UT Swim Center main pool,
    Pool was set up with both bulkheads down and in the middle which means, 2 eight lane short course pools. We swam in the north end
    6:00 7:30
    Swam with Mike, Jim, Marcio, & Chris
    Beside Keith, Chris, Jeff Larry & Brad Baily made his 2nd appearance this week.

Warm up
    assigned 1000
    did 800 ish

Main Set

500 for time
    went 5:23, swam with marcio while jim and chris swam in the next heat

500 easy

200 IM for time
    went 2:10
    Chris did a 2 fr in 1:47
    Marcio did a 2 FL in 1:59

500 easy

100 IM for time
    went 58

500 easy

50 bk
    went 26
    my SDKs aren't feeling too snappy yet and I gotta continue with speed and strength training.
    Next Meets:

Sat Dec 1, 2012 - Sun Dec 2nd

2012 South Central SCM Reg Championships
    DAYS TILL

2013 South Central SCY Zone Championships
    Fri Apr 5 - Sun Apr 7 (Tentative)
    UT Austin, TX
    Categories
    Uncategorized