View RSS Feed

Masters Swim Meets / Events

Meet / OW event plans and results from U.S. Masters Swmming events in this category.

1. Great Meet this weekend

by , February 11th, 2013 at 08:43 AM (Mixing it up this year)
    I have to say dispite the shoulder issues and all this weekend I had what I would classify as a good meet for once.

The first event on Friday night was the 1650 and I managed a 22:38.61 which is good for me at this age and time and since I aged up this year to 50 I guess this is my best for this time around.

Saturday was not as good, still too sore from the 1650 to get a good 500 in but it was ok at 6:39.20 not a best for this season, it was off by 13 seconds. I am ok with this. 200 back felt good but the time was just a middle of the road time for me. in 2:55.13 then I had two sprints the 50 Fly and 50 Back, neither were impressive.

The afternoon we spent in a stroke clinic with Rowdy Gaines and now I know what I need to work on with my right arm.

Sunday was much better for me 400 IM was great with a 6:11.57 and my splits were good. It felt good and loose and relaxed and fast! 50 Breast was a filler for me and it was ok. The 100 IM went well even though I felt as though my fly was alittle off rhythm wise but I nailed my back to breast turn! and went a 1:20.28.

Next up was probably my favorite swim I AM NOT WEIRD HERE it was the 200 Fly and I was the slowest one seed in the top heat and got 3rd out of 5. Went a 3:15.68 a time I have held for the last several years. I felt I paced it differently, I actually went out slower than normal. It is unheard of for me to come back in under 50 but I came back in 49.37. The whole swim felt relaxed and smooth. I want to do it again! I would have prefered to do that to the 200 Breast I did next. The breast was my warm down and it was a washout.

North Myrtle Beach always puts on a great swim meet so this is the meet to come to.