Blog Comments

I bought a red Nissan Versa 6 speed.
    What car are you looking at?
    I am fairly self motivated, I do swim in the lane right next to the Masters Team I just do a different workout. Walt (masters coach) is always interested in checking out the workouts I do so I am motivated to give it my all when I need to.

Kameron who just moved to VA to swim with Rick is going to funnel me some of the newer workouts so that I can add them to my list. I have over 100 workouts already on laminated cards that I can have on deck.
    Congrats on the speedy 1500! That's awesome!

Can you push yourself as hard on your own as you did when you were swimming with a team?
    I am on my own due to a change of coaching staff. My old coach is now in Virginia and I could not see paying for someone who is no better at coaching than I am. So ... I am my own coach now. I am also coaching a Y Team and a Y Masters Team in the evenings. That way my son can swim for free... Win..Win

Since I am an anal person I have a large number of workouts from my time with Rick written down and I am using these as guides and actually reusing them when I can.

So far my first SCM meet went really well and I am hoping my 1500 Free will make top ten. Just have to get the SC people to send the results in. And they are getting tired of hearing from me now.
    Welcome to the sprint world, Donna! I think those times are very fast for practice.

How come you're swimming on your own now? Weren't you training with a USA team? Is it because you're coaching?
    I am so anal about my swimming I have every workout I did for the last 3 years written down with comments. Most of the workouts I am doing are old workouts that my old coach Rick Benner gave me and I adjust some of the intervals since I am faster now than when I originally swam them. Taper time I put those workouts together myself.

I also use these workouts with the kids team that I coach. I have to adjust the intervals right now but hopefully by the end of the season a few of them might be up to my speed. I have a 10 and 11 year old that both swim hard. 4 days a week is not enough for them so they swim on their own and I have given them some prewritten workouts.
    Donna, did you say that your coach is writing these workouts or are they yours? Anyway, I'm so impressed you can swim like this on your own. I constantly need coaches yelling. It sounds sick but that's what I like!
    I gave a slightly modified version of this workout to my kids team last night and they loved it.
    Yea Donna! So glad you are keeping a blog! I'll read it.
    700 breast?! I can't do that. . .
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021