Blog Comments

yes I use a nose clip. I like doing flip turns and that is the only way to do them with the snorkle, aleast for me.
    I too love my snorkel. In my case it's new to my swim bag. I have not noticed my kick change but do feel I concentrate on both the catch and pull phase much more. Do you use a nose clip? I found this helped big time on my turns.
    Two things: (1) you probably sweat a lot and if you were wearing cotton then your clothes would absorb it and therefore weigh more and everybody knows you weigh more if your clothes weigh more. (2) Your workout was so awesome you gained muscle weight in your quads. I'm not being serious, I think if anything Stewart's explanation is probably the only viable one.
    I actually hit the same issue with weighing myself when I did spin classes. I always put it down to drinking a ton of water and not sweating enough to offset the weight of the water. Depending on how much you drank this could be it. It sucks so I just flat stopped weighing myself before and after spin class.
    The 200 fly was ok but not great I just had to beat my swimmers and I did
    Nice
    Good luck! Make the kids work to beat you!
    Sorry to hear about this Donna.
    How terrible. I am so sorry.
    wow...I'm sorry this has happened. Some people and their random unjustified acts.
    That's horrible! I am sorry for your loss.
    It is so hard to make sense of a lot of happenings in the world today. Saddened to see that your family was victim to this.
    Heavy leg pressing on sled rack, I found, kills my back. I now use light weight when doing these, as well as with squats.
    I have the red Tyr Catalysts. I probably should have used the strapless paddles but then again I'd be afraid they would go flying at fast speeds.
    Are you using small paddles? Those are better for sprinting.
    I can't sprint with paddles either! But I trick myself by telling myself to pull the back half harder - and that probably is pulling faster too - I know I go faster!
    As the day wore on DOMS set in from my leg weightlifting workout. My back actually has gotten tighter rather than looser.

I am going to be missing workout tomorrow due to travel to Orlando. I am probably going to do an upper body weightlifting circuit tonight.

That means Thursday will be a tough morning.
    Just finished my upper body weightlifting workout. Should start feeling the effect Monday morning.
    Did 25 minutes of lower body weightlifting using the machines at the Y. My legs feel like jelly but don't hurt yet. DOMS won't set in until sometime midday tomorrow.
    Just like tombstone kicking just hold board sideways and deeper.
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast