Blog Comments

Another introspective question would be: whose workouts do you like to do, yours or someone else's? And whose workouts seem to prepare you best for competition?

when I wrote workouts that I did with a few friends, I didn't actually DO everything I had written! I wimped out on my own stuff. So, after 2years of writing them in advance, now I get to the pool, and we plan one on the spur of the moment - in effect no annual or seasonal plan, no coach.
    For my own part, I guess you could call yourself a coach if you want to.. but maybe a deeper question is, "why does it matter?" It sounds like you're a committed swimmer that self trains and takes your training very seriously. Isn't that "enough?"
    Hi Philipp, I just read your entry today, and I liked it so much I'm replying. Just saw that you made this entry a year ago, so you are probably already involved in a relationship. If you are not, please reply. I am Asian (Chinese), and we are a swim family. My single girlfriend who is also a swimmer is who I have in mind for you. So I am match making. Reply if you are interested. You may contact me at raysun@comcast.net
    Our local pool is always very warm in the summer due to swim lessons. 79 would be very doable. Great job at Nationals. Hope to catch up with you at a meet this year.

John
    Hi Philipp!
    We certainly travel to all the same meets and are both backstrokers... How is it possible that we have never met?
    I've actually seen your website for New Mexico. I was trying to track down one of the original Mission Viejo Nadadores Masters from the 1970s and he now swims in NM - Doug Bailey!
    great to see you there
    I am glad to hear you have regained your life, and it is great to know that swimming helped you accomplish that.
    I second the comments on Karlyn! I went to a 3 day swim camp she held in CT and she really was both knowledgable and a wonderful all around person, I learned a ton and it was great fun!
    Great swims Philipp. Great swim for Lincoln also.

John
    Congratulations! WR is a very impressive feat!
    Great job! It is pretty cool that you and your brother had simultaneous records.
    I saw the last 150 or so of your brother's race. He really had the crowd behind him and I hope that helped on his free leg. You could tell he was very determined. Congrats to both of you!
    Gee, Thanks everybody. Without a doubt, the best thing about masters swimming are the friendships (both virtual and live).

The set was fun. I did it with four other guys (who don't compete but like to workout). And after the set, they gave me a card and two cupcakes with candles.

What more can you ask for? Swimming and bunch of good friends. WOOT!
    Happy birthday, man! I'll give that workout a go on my b'day...though I won't be doing quite that number (close though!).
    Rock on
    Happy Birthday!!!!!!
    Happy Birthday!
    I like your workout idea! Have fun doing it!
    Quote Originally Posted by ViveBene
    Land of Enchantment!
    Up here much closer to Canada, the water is thickening with cold - feels much heavier - and it's a huge effort to get in for any amount of time. Also dark (the sky).

I've just heard about the hot springs in NM. Are they for real? Can one paddle about in them?
    Hot springs are real! Google "Truth or Consequences"

They are way too hot to swim in. But floating feels great and turns me into mush!
    Land of Enchantment!
    Up here much closer to Canada, the water is thickening with cold - feels much heavier - and it's a huge effort to get in for any amount of time. Also dark (the sky).

I've just heard about the hot springs in NM. Are they for real? Can one paddle about in them?
    I like the way you said that! Nice
    Thanks pdjang for the neat article. I was planning to go to that meet. When I discovered the usms nationals were right here in Indy I decided to stay here instead.
    That would be fun to watch other events. You have just motivated me to go to the next Senior National Games. i hope they're somewhere fun!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast