View RSS Feed

My non-workout blog and random thoughts

I swim in the Land Of Enchantment (New Mexico) at New Mexico State University. I train alone and love it (no motivation issues for me - but maybe I'm just plain weird - who else gets up at 4:45am and swims in the cold darkness - by themselves)? I make up my own thrilling workouts and change them whenever I wish. On my wish list? A really good technique coach.

I am the NM LMSC webmaster (created the NMMS website in 1997), sanction officer and stroke/turn official. I swim backstroke and IM events and like to participate at USMS Nats and Senior Olympics.

Swimming is one of the best things in my life. I'm made so many good friends through swimming (college, overseas and masters).

See you in the water!
Philipp

1. Lonely Hearts Club

by , January 11th, 2012 at 11:10 PM (My non-workout blog and random thoughts)
    Hey there you crazed single female masters swimmers!

I am a Asian male masters swimmer and have been single for several years. I love swimming and exercise. I live in the New Mexico Mountains.

So what's up with the title?

I've been on the dating websites and while there are a plethora of single women, NONE of them swim or understand swimming.

I am a swimmer. Period. If you don't mind getting up at the crack of dawn to swim and fall in bed at 8pm (tivo your favorite shows), love to travel to meets, enjoy culture (theater, movies, opera, music) and can converse on a wide range of subjects, we need to talk.

I am well educated, have reasonable financial security, good professional standing - (outside of swimming) and have demonstrated culinary skills. I have deep faith and a strong but flexible soul.

I have a black cat (he is totally cool) and live at 5000 feet on 2.5 acres. You can see the Milky Way on a dark night from my backyard. I train at 4000 feet at New Mexico State University. NMSU has a outdoor 50 meter pool and an indoor 25 yard pool. Today, January 11, I swam outside at 6 am and watched an amazing sunrise (backstrokers do rule but I would be happy to learn how to swim the other strokes).

I have a number of great friends in Las Cruces and some family.

I have pics (me, house, pool, cat, etc). PM me if this is of any interest.

Philipp
    Categories
    Uncategorized