View RSS Feed

After a long rest

I am a former swimmer, trying to get back into competitive swimming. I have been out of the pool 20 years and put on some extra pounds. This blog primarily documents my journey back to competitive swimming. And I should say having fun along the way!!!

1. Anniversary weekend swimming

by , April 23rd, 2017 at 03:51 PM (After a long rest)
    Today is my wife and I, 23rd wedding anniversary! It does not feel like we have been married that long. My wife asked if I would do it over again and to her surprise I said no....followed by why would I risk doing it again and it not being as good the second time around. I am a very happy husband who is fortunate enough to be married to a wonderful wife, mother and best friend.

this weekend I swam both days. Saturday my training partner Bill, who moved to Fort Wayne, Indiana was back in town visiting. This morning I swam with our group who are going to Budapest. Both days the pool was setup LCM.

Saturday LCM
    400 free with snorkel
    6x50 catchup on :55

main sets
    6x50 kick on 1min
    16x100 free on 2mins
    200 easy
    8x50 as 25 underwater, 25 free afap on 1:10

warm down
    200 easy

i felt rough today but managed to hold 1:07/1:08s throughout.

Sunday Drylands
    10 mins on stationary bike trying to get my heart rate up
    3x(elbow exercises and shoulder exercises, wrist flexor, dumbbell pronation and supination with 17.5lbs, elbow flexion and extension with 27.5lbs, weighted External rotation with arm abducted using 10lb dumbells)
    3x(5x(:45 seconds abs, :15 rest) 1min between rounds, leg lift, oblique crunches, plank, leg and arm extension, Russian twist with 12lb med ball
    10 minutes stretching

swim
    400 free
    200 double arm back
    Categories
    Swim Workouts