View RSS Feed

After a long rest

I am a former swimmer, trying to get back into competitive swimming. I have been out of the pool 20 years and put on some extra pounds. This blog primarily documents my journey back to competitive swimming. And I should say having fun along the way!!!

1. Budapest Week 2 - Friday

by , May 12th, 2017 at 09:40 PM (After a long rest)
    I had a great night of sleep but was still pretty tired this morning. Despite this I had a good workout today.

Warm up
    400 free with snorkel
    6x50 catchup on :50

Main sets
    10x100 free on 1:10
    100 easy
    6x(50 fly on :40, 50 back on :40, 50 free on :35)
    200 easy
    5x50 kick on :55
    5x50 kick on :50
    5x50 kick on :45
    16x25 underwater on :30

Warm down
    200 easy

I swam next to two of the kids in my daughters training group(13-14 year olds), one boy and one girl. This was a hard workout. I held my own but these kids are going to be a really special group from Rockwall. There around 10 kids who are on the path to D1 swimming and I believe several who have the potential do be really special. I held 1:03-1:04s throughout the aerobic 100s and actually felt pretty good. The fly,back, free Set was plain hard. My fly is 1 arm these days and I am trying to avoid hurting both my elbow and shoulder. I was coming in on :35s on the fly, :33s on the back and :31s in the free. The kick was pretty easy until the 5 on :45 where I held :41s. The underwater was awful. I can do almost unlimited on :40 but the interval goes below that and eventually I start to hurt. I was hurting after 4 today but made them.

Now I am off to east Texas for a couple days with my son. Can't wait to hang out and see the beautiful big pine trees and wild life.
    Categories
    Swim Workouts