View RSS Feed

After a long rest

I am a former swimmer, trying to get back into competitive swimming. I have been out of the pool 20 years and put on some extra pounds. This blog primarily documents my journey back to competitive swimming. And I should say having fun along the way!!!

1. Budapest Week 3 - Tuesday

by , May 16th, 2017 at 08:49 PM (After a long rest)
    I had an awesome weekend fishing in east Texas but as is always the case when I go fishing in east Texas it makes for a long weekend. We fished both Saturday and Sunday from 4am to midnight. We caught a lot of big bass and enough crappie for a very large dinner on Saturday. It is so pretty in east Texas with the big lines and the lake I was fishing is so pretty. If only I had an odd $8-10millikn laying around in my checking account I could make it permanent.

My my daughter was not feeling so great yesterday and I used it as an excuse to try to catch up on my sleep.

Today i I felt like I had been out of the water to a few days. Today was tough.

Warm up
    400 free with snorkel
    6x50 catchup on :50

Main sets
    10x(100 kick on 1:40, 50 back at 200 pace on :40)
    100 easy
    7x200(odds free on 2:20, evens back on 2:40)
    16x25 underwater on :30

Warm down
    400 free breathing 3,5,7,9 by 25

i was told to hold 1:25s on the kick and :30s on the 50s back. I was more like 1:27s on the kick and :31s on the back. The 200s I cruised the free but felt awful on the back. I was holding 2:10 on the free and 2:20 on the back. Hopefully I will feel better tomorrow.
    Categories
    Swim Workouts