View RSS Feed

After a long rest

I am a former swimmer, trying to get back into competitive swimming. I have been out of the pool 20 years and put on some extra pounds. This blog primarily documents my journey back to competitive swimming. And I should say having fun along the way!!!

1. Budapest Week 3 - Sunday

by , May 21st, 2017 at 03:14 PM (After a long rest)
    I did not get home from the pool until after 8pm yesterday which made for a very long day. My group didn't swim so hot. We had a few best times but mostly adds. We have been working pretty hard in practice and did not rest at all for this meet so no real surprise.

I woke up feeling like I needed a few more hours of sleep. I decided to hit the stationary bike hard to get my heart rate up and this helped to wake me up.

Weights
    10 minutes on stationary bike.
    3x(elbow exercises and shoulder exercises, wrist flexor, dumbbell pronation and supination with 17.5lbs, elbow flexion and extension with 27.5lbs, weighted External rotation with arm abducted using 12.5lb dumbells)
    3x(right leg, left leg extension going, 70,80,90lbs by round, right leg, left leg reverse leg raise 70,80,90 lbs by round, leg press using 200lbs on machine)
    5x(:30 pull downs on machine, :30 rest)
    10 minutes stretching

Pool setup LCM
    400 free with snorkel
    6x50 catchup on :50
    6x50 kick on 1min
    200 easy

I was tired today in the weight room but felt pretty good in the pool.
    Categories
    Swim Workouts