View RSS Feed

After a long rest

I am a former swimmer, trying to get back into competitive swimming. I have been out of the pool 20 years and put on some extra pounds. This blog primarily documents my journey back to competitive swimming. And I should say having fun along the way!!!

1. Budapest week 7 - Sunday

by , June 18th, 2017 at 05:18 PM (After a long rest)
    Yesterdays practice really took it out of me and despite a great nap and a good night of sleep I was tired this morning. Some coffee and breakfast helped enormously and despite feeling run down I had a really good weights and dry land workout today.

Weights
    10 minutes on stationary bike. Heart rate to 145
    3x(elbow exercises and shoulder exercises, wrist flexor, dumbbell pronation and supination with 17.5lbs, elbow flexion and extension with 27.5lbs, weighted External rotation with arm abducted using 12.5lb dumbells)
    10 minutes on stationary bike. Heart rate to 145
    3x(right leg, left leg extension going, 70,80,90lbs by round, right leg, left leg reverse leg raise 70,80,90 lbs by round, leg press using 200lbs on machine)
    10 minutes on stationary bike. Heart rate to max
    4x:30 on ski machine. 4 of use took it in turns to do 30 seconds afap on the ski machine working triceps

Pool setup LCM
    400 free with snorkel
    6x50 catchup on :50
    300 easy

My mum and dad are out visiting and I met my dad at the pool and the we went to Starbucks for a coffee after workout which was a really nice Father's Day treat.
    Categories
    Swim Workouts