View RSS Feed

Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. Week 95 - Friday

by , July 25th, 2014 at 10:56 AM (After a long rest)
    I had another late night and early morning last night and this morning. We watched TAGS finals last night and there were some truely amazing swims. 52. For a 14 year old on the 100 free(he is the same boy who won the 800 and then led off his 800 free relay in 1:54). Our team had some really good swims and is currently in 11th which is pretty awesome considering we are one of the newest programs at the meet.

This is morning I was tired and I am still feeling some slight discomfort at slower speeds in my left arm/shoulder. It's nothing bad but feels like a slight tear or abrasion. Luckily I don't feel it at moderate or fast pace. I am guessing I have better mechanics at faster speed. I swam with Nitro yet again today and on the sets with tempo I felt good. I would definitely say I don't have much easy speed but I am ok with that right now. I think my shorter events at worlds are going to be just fine and my self doubt as usual is around the longer events. Have I rested enough or too much. Can I hold the pace I want for my goal times. Etc.Water Rat you are not alone, but as usual with a taper the doubts will fade as the meet gets going. Fingers crossed I will hit my taper perfectly and if I don't I will do as good as I possibly can do and it will be what it will be. How about that for some taper zen.

Warm up
    300 free with snorkel
    200 kick
    300 pull with just bouy

Main sets
    1x50 kick fast on 1min
    4x50 alternating back and free build on 1min
    1x50 kick fast on 1min
    2x100 free build with snorkel on 1:45
    2x(300 pull no paddles pace, 200 pull no paddles moderate, 100 at 400 pace)

Warm down
    400 easy

Total 3000LCM

I felt good on the kick today and did pretty easy 44-45s. The 100s in the transition set Steve and I went 1:09s. On the main set we were holding good solid pace on the 300s and 200s I don't know the times because I had a hard time spotting the clock. I would guess we were holding 1:10ish. On the first fast pace 100 we went 1:04 and the second was 1:05-1:06 with both Steve and I deliberately easing up on the second one. The 100s felt pretty strong and with another week of rest I should be hitting my stride for a good week of swimming in Canadia(as I have been calling it; no disrespect intended. It started as a Freudian slip but has sort of stuck).
    Categories
    Uncategorized