View RSS Feed

Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. Week 168 - Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday

by , December 16th, 2015 at 10:35 PM (After a long rest)
    As I feared work has been busy yesterday and today and has restricted my ability to blog.

My training partner Bill and I swam with WAM at the WPI pool on Monday morning. It was a short recovery workout.

200 swim
    200 kick
    200 IM
    200 Pull
    8x25 underwaters no fins
    4x125 done as 75 swim, 25 kick, 25 drill
    3x200 free
    4x100 easy

After practice Bill and I stopped on the drive back to the hotel and won some browny points by getting our spouses some breakfast from dunkin Doughnuts; good quality breakfast. We then headed into Boston and did the touristy things one does at Faneuil Hall before heading home at around 4pm. We had an uneventful flight home but had a flat battery on the car and had a long wait for AAA. We later found out that the battery on my wife's Infinity is covered under her warranty which was a nice pleasant surprise.

Tuesday i I woke up 15 minutes later than normal and did a shortish swim with my training group. I felt hideous in the pool but much better after the swim. My goal was to get rid of the aches and pains so I succeeded.

500 free with snorkel
    10x50 catchup on :50
    6x50 pull with paddles on 1min
    3x(4x25 on :40 done as open,close,easy,fast with fins)
    300 easy

Last night I slept very heavy and my wife said I snored very loud. This morning I woke feeling tired. I was anticipating a floating taper workout but alas Tom had other ideas.

Warmup
    400 free with snorkel
    6x50 catchup on :45

main sets
    8x75 streamline kick with fins on 1:10
    100 easy
    16x50 free at 200 race pace on :55
    100 easy
    3x500 free on 6mins

Warm up
    200 easy

i deliberately held back on the 16x50s and actually still held 26/27s. Oh the wonders of still having easy speed from a taper. The 500s were ugly and I held 5:25s. This is substantially slower than I went a few weeks ago but felt really bad. My stroke was all over the place.

I am am not sure if I will get a chance to swim tomorrow due to travel to Atlanta but will train with the team I normally swim with at the Winchester Academy near Buckhead
    Categories
    Uncategorized