View RSS Feed

Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. Week 144 - Tuesday

by , June 30th, 2015 at 02:48 PM (After a long rest)
    This past weekend I went to San Antonio with my family. I got up early on Saturday to swim with MOST at UT San Antonio but the pool was completely drained and I was unable to swim. We had a great family trip going to the Alamo on Friday afternoon and Sea World on Saturday before going to dinner with some friends. Unfortunately no sooner had we got home on Sunday and I had to pack for a business trip to Atlanta. Yesterday I had a 6am flight and all day meetings in Atlanta which meant no swimming for 3 days. This is the longest I have been out of the pool in about a year and I felt it this morning. I had some good workouts last week but today I did not have a very good feel for the water and felt a little out of sorts. I swam at the Winchester school with GAJA masters who I have swum with several times on trips to Atlanta. A few people recognized me which is always nice. Today's workout was scy.

Warm up
    400 free with snorkel
    10x50 catchup

Main sets
    8x75 done IM order, drill, underwater, swim on 1:10
    All done as descend 1-3,4-6
    (6x100 with snorkel on 1:30
    6x50 on :50 done as 25 free, 25 fly
    6x75 with snorkel on 1:10
    6x50 on :50 done as 25 free, 25 back
    6x50 with snorkel on :45
    6x50 on :50 done as 25 free, 25 breast)
    8x50 streamline kick with snorkel on 1min

Warm down
    200 easy

Nothing too special time wise today holding 1min to 1:03 pace on the free. I felt good on back and kick. At least something felt good today
    Categories
    Uncategorized