View RSS Feed

Swim Workouts

1. Week 188 - Wednesday

by , May 4th, 2016 at 09:05 PM (After a long rest)
    I had another solid night of sleep last night but I was really tired when I woke up. Sort of back to the routine I have been in for a while.

Try as I might I don't have any speed right now in the pool. I guess it's ok since I am in between seasons. Normally after a taper I feel awesome in the pool and fly with lots of easy speed. This taper and season in general have been different!

I got my heart rate up today but did not give my all today on the pace work.

Warm up
    400 free with snorkel
    6x50 catchup on :50

main sets
    8x75 Rotating IMs on 1:10
    16x25 free AFAP on :30
    200 easy
    4x4x50 free at 500 pace rd1 on 1min, rd2 on :55, rd3 :50, rd4 on :45
    6x150 kick on 2:30 done as 100 flutter, 50 breast

warm down
    200 easy

i was holding :13s on the 25s and :28/:29s on the :50s.
    Categories
    Swim Workouts
  2. Week 188 - Tuesday

by , May 3rd, 2016 at 02:17 PM (After a long rest)
    So when it rains it pours. I went to bed as soon as I got home from my workout last night and slept solid the entire night. When I woke up I noticed that the hallway light was on. I crept around the bedroom like I normally do to get ready and as I went out the door I caught myself thinking that DeAnna was very quiet. As I left the bedroom I realized she was not in bed and was instead in the living room. When I got to the living room she had a bucket and mop in hand. Apparently our refrigerator/freezer decided to dump water into the kitchen last night. Unfortunately this had been going on a while and the water had run into several other rooms and ruined carpet. DeAnna said she had everything in hand and we could talk after I swam. She assured me I needed to go and swim. I guess I must have looked pretty wound up. When I returned from practice I saw that apparently the refrigerator must have been slowly leaking for a while because we had mood behind the unit and several of the base boards in adjoining rooms had warped. We pulled out all the attending carpets and base boards and started crying things out with our dehumidifier. I don't know the extent of the damage but it's probably not going to be cheap.

Anyhow, today's workout was tough and a hard welcome back to drylands.

15 minutes on stationary bike
    2x(shoulder band exercises)
    3x(5x:45 second ab exercises with :15 second transition) and 1mjn between rounds

swim

400 free with snorkel
    8x50 kick
    300 easy

i still felt hideous in the water and my stomach hurt from abs.

When I got back to the house DeAnna had a plan for taking care of the water and some thoughts about insurance vs out of pocket. Either way this will be taken care of ASAP since we don't want mold. Just one other thing to deal with I guess.
    Categories
    Swim Workouts
  3. Week 188 - Monday

by , May 3rd, 2016 at 02:04 PM (After a long rest)
    So everything was going great on my return from Nationals and then I arrived in Atlanta on my lay over to discover that most of the flights out of Atlanta had been delayed by bad weather. My flight ended up being delayed about 2.5 hrs and I ended up not landing until just before 2am Monday morning. To make matters worse there was no empty gate for the plane in Dallas which delayed us even further. How can they not have an open gate at 2am. Come on,it's not that f**king complicated. Needless to say I was tired yesterday and decided to swim in the evening after I had finished coaching my kids group.

Warm up
    400 free with snorkel

main sets
    5x200 with snorkel on 2:30
    8x50 kick on 1min
    4x100 IM on 1:30

warm down
    300 easy

i felt absolutely hideous in the water and could not wait for this workout to be done.
    Categories
    Swim Workouts
  4. 2016 USMS Spring Nationals Recap

by , May 1st, 2016 at 05:02 PM (After a long rest)
    Well I had every intention of blogging each day but just never got an opportunity during the meet to write. This is sort of a catchup blog I guess. I had some really good swims and some not so good swims. Despite wishing I swam faster I was happy with my performances and had an absolute blast with my team mates. Just like last year the relays were a bunch of fun and we did great winning both the men's 45+ free and medley relays.

As I described in my last post the 1000 was a good swim and my splits were great with a slight negative split.

The 500 must have been a fun race to watch with a line of us turning at 450. I tried going up a gear at about 350 and for about a 25 felt like it was there before my body decided that it was not. My time of 4:55 was not what I was hoping for but was better than last year so no complaints. My splits were also really consistent like the 1000.

The 100 free was one of those swims I wish I had just not done. I actually felt good before I swam this one so it was weird that I died with about 30 yards to go. I don't know if I just need to swim this a little differently. Currently I just go all out. This was reminiscent of my swim at our zone meet where I also died in the last 25. My 49.8 was .8 slower than last year.

The 100 back was actually a good swim but it had lots of technical problems. I have struggled with raw speed this meet and this 100 was particularly tough to get going. My back starts and under waters have been off the whole meet. I went way deep and stayed under way too long as a result. One of my team mates showed me the video after the race and I was at least 3/4 of a body length down at the first turn. I turned too far from the wall and got next to no push off. I really tried hard to get some speed and came home really well. I lost my heat by .01 and could feel myself pulling the guy in the lane next to me the whole second 50. My time was slightly slower than last year and a second slower than I thought I would go. Despite this I was happy with the back half of the race and unlike the 100 free did not die.

The 200 free was a really good swim and probably my best swim of the meet. I did not die and my splits were terrific. 25,27,27,27. My 1:47 was faster than last year and I felt strong the whole way. The only thing with this one was that I tried going up another gear on the last 50 and for about 10yards felt like it was there but alas like the 500 my body said no. Still very happy with this swim.

The 200 back was a race too far. I had very heavy arms and legs before I even got in. I had a better start than the 100 but just had no tempo and struggled the whole way. My 2:03 was slower than my zone swim 3 weeks ago. Despite this being a bad swim I don't think it's indicative of anything other than I was really tired.

Considering I was contemplating not coming to this meet a few weeks ago I swam well. The highlight of my meet was the two relays with Steve Unruh, Bill White and Mark Cox. We won both relays and had a lot of fun swimming them.

I was also very fortunate to swim with Leslie who as always was terrific to cheer on and watch. We had two team dinners and these were awesome. When you get on so well time flys! We had a blast and I can't wait for next time.
    Categories
    Swim Workouts
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	303.4 KB 
ID:	10412  
  5. Week 187 - Tuesday

by , April 26th, 2016 at 09:02 AM (After a long rest)
    I went to bed early after coaching last night and despite being sleepy tired this morning I felt much better than yesterday. I am still not feeling easy speed in the pool but I am swimming well. It's like night and day between how I feel right now and how I have felt the past couple months. I never felt like I could not swim but everything was a big effort and just 3 weeks ago I was questioning whether to go to nationals or not. Right now I am swimming strong and I am really looking forward to racing later in the week.

Today I did a meet warmup with the pool setup scy.

400 free with snorkel
    6x50 catchup on 1min
    8x50 kick on 1min
    3x(4x25 on :35 done as open, close, easy, fast)
    200 easy

i start to shave down tonight since I have an early flight tomorrow morning. My game plan is to arrive around mid day and head to the pool for a short swim and get my bearings, check in and nap, and then act as taxi driver for a few team mates as they arrive. I am really looking forward to seeing my non Rockwall based team mates.
    Categories
    Swim Workouts
  6. Week 187 - Monday

by , April 26th, 2016 at 08:42 AM (After a long rest)
    I had a long weekend at the pool and was there nearly all day both Saturday and Sunday either as a swimmer, a swim dad or coach. I slept well on Saturday and Sunday night but woke tired both mornings. I feel pretty good in the pool and think I will be fine by the time the meet roles around this week.

Pool setup LCM
    Warm up
    400 free with snorkel
    6x50 catchup on 1min

Main sets
    3x300 pull on 4:30
    4x100 kick on 2:20
    8x50 odds drill, evens free fast on 1:15
    4x100 back descend 1-4 on 2mins

Warm down
    200 easy

i swam smooth the whole workout and did not overdo any of these swims. I was ho,ding 1:10 pace on the 300s and getting about a minute of rest. On the pace 50s I was under instructions to go no more than 85-90% effort and held :31/:32s with a turn. I don't feel like I have any easy speed but I feel strong. I am really looking forward to racing this week.

There are some serious sandbaggers on the entries and heat sheets with one of my biggest rivals on the 100 back not even entered in the same heat as me. I don't really understand the whole enter and swim in a slow heat mentality. I am not swimming the individual 50 back but just noticed the same guy is entered on his LCM time! In my mind it sort of defeats one of the great parts about masters swimming and that's the whole racing part. Winning from a slow heat and avoiding being next to the faster guys seems strange but maybe it's just me.
    Categories
    Swim Workouts
  7. Week 186 - Saturday

by , April 23rd, 2016 at 10:01 AM (After a long rest)
    So this morning was a series of first for me. I woke up late. I somehow set my alarm for pm, not am and then overslept. Next practice started at 6:20am due to a kids meet that had warmup at 7:30 but somehow I had it in my head it was a 6:30 to 7:30 workout. Finally I embarrassingly left my underwear at the house which meant a wet drive home in my swim suite and warm ups.

Despite being about 5 minutes late I did not miss much. Today was a shorter than anticipated workout but I was road tired from the get go. I still swum well and actually felt good in the warm up. The faster stuff at the end was fast but I felt ugly with my stroke feeling all over the place. I guess it's just where I am at, at the moment.

Pool setup LCM

warm up
    4x100 free with snorkel on 1:30

main sets
    20x50 free odds swim on :50, evens finger tip drill on 1min
    6x100 free on 2mins fast

warm down
    200 easy

my free felt good on the 50s and I was cruising :34/:35s on the faster ones, and I felt very connected on the drills focusing on hand entry and high elbow.

On the 6x100s I did two with speed, 2 moderate, and 2 with speed and was a fast 1:01,1:03, 1:08,1:08,1:03,1:03. I am not sure what race pace these really were since they were way too fast for 400, too slow for 100, but they were consistently fast paced so I am not complaining. The first two felt better than any of the rest and the last two in particular I felt like I was spinning. I think long course can give you that feeling.

I am actually feeling good about my long course training right now and this all bodes well for the summer. I have always liked real course better than short course. Unfortunately all this means very little next weekend at Spring Nationals.

I plan on really easing back this weekend and despite having some scheduling challenges between my daughters meet and the seniors meet I am coaching at, I plan on fitting in a long but less vigorous massage.
    Categories
    Swim Workouts
  8. Week 186 - Friday

by , April 22nd, 2016 at 03:52 PM (After a long rest)
    I got to bed a little earlier than yesterday and was able to get to sleep pretty quickly. Our event yesterday was our annual company round table and we had about 100 customers attend. It's a great event and I always enjoy meeting with our customers and yesterday was no exception. That said its always tiring and again yesterday was no exception.

Today I swam with GAJA at the Winchester Academy but unlike yesterday the kids were not swimming. I felt a little physically tired but after the warmup i felt fine.

Warm up
    400 free with snorkel
    6x50 catchup on 1min
    100 easy back

Main sets
    3x200 done as swim/kick by 25 with fins on 2:45
    5x100 free with snorkel on 1:30 done as 75 smooth, 25 fast
    4x100 with fins on 1:30 done as 25 underwater, 25 back kick, 25 finger tip drag drill, 25 back
    5x100 free with snorkel on 1:30 done as 50 smooth, 50 fast
    5x50 kick on 1min

Warm down
    200 easy

I felt good holding mainly 1:01s on the 75 smooth, 25 fast and then :59s on the 50 smooth, 50 fast. Everything else I went easy.
    Categories
    Swim Workouts
  9. Week 186 - Thursday

by , April 21st, 2016 at 07:23 AM (After a long rest)
    I ended up going to bed later than I wanted last night and unfortunately had a restless night of sleep. I swam with GAJA again this morning at the Winchester academy. I tried holding back today but two high school kids were in the lane next to me and it was so hard holding back. However, I managed to resist the urge to race!

warm up
    400 free with snorkel
    6x50 catchup on 1min

main sets
    2x4x25 IM order on :30
    100 kick on 1:45
    2x4x50 IM order on :50
    200 IM order kick on 3:30
    2x4x75 IM order on 1:15
    300 done as kick,drill,swim on 6mins
    4x100 fly/free by 25 on 1:30
    100 pull easy
    4x100 back on 1:30

warm down
    100 easy

i felt like my free was all over the place today but my strokes felt good especially my back. I am looking forward to swimming back next week.
    Categories
    Swim Workouts
  10. Week 186 - Wednesday

by , April 20th, 2016 at 08:08 AM (After a long rest)
    I had a good night of sleep and woke just before my alarm went off. Weird how it seems that no matter the time zone my body knows when to wake up for swimming. Today I swam with GAJA at the Winchester academy.

Warm up
    400 free with snorkel
    6x50 catchup on 1min
    200 easy back

main sets
    300 kick
    4x25 free with snorkel descend 1-4 on :30
    100 easy
    4x50 free with snorkel descend 1-4 on :50
    100 moderate
    4x75 free with snorkel descend 1-4 on 1:10
    100 fast
    200 easy
    4x25 free with snorkel descend 1-4 on :30
    200 easy
    4x50 free with snorkel descend 1-4 on :50
    200 moderate
    4x75 free with snorkel descend 1-4 on 1:10
    200 fast

warm down
    200 easy

this looks like a lot of fast swimming but other than the fast 100 and the fast 200 I went long and smooth in the aerobic heart rate range. On the 100 fast I went moderately fast :55 and the 200 I put paddles on and again went moderately fast 1:58. I felt a little choppy in the water today and a little achy from travel yesterday.

I really like training with this masters group. They have a modern facility with nice wide lanes and we only had 3 or 4 per lane which although is 2 to 3 more than I am used to it was not too bad at all. I will be back tomorrow and will hold it to around 3k tomorrow. I can't believe tomorrow is a week out from my 1000. Scary how quick the past couple of weeks has gone.

Updated April 20th, 2016 at 08:21 AM by StewartACarroll

Categories
    Swim Workouts
  11. Week 186 - Tuesday

by , April 19th, 2016 at 04:15 PM (After a long rest)
    I had a restless night with work randomly popping into my head. I was tired this morning but felt ok in the water. The pool was setup scy

400 free with snorkel
    6x50 catchup on 1min
    8x75 kick with fine on 1:30 fast
    6x50 finger drag drill on 1min
    3x(4x25 free on :35 done as open, close, easy, fast)
    200 free easy

I went very easy today. The only up tempo parts were the kick and fast sections on the 25s. I felt ok in the water.

This afternoon I fly to Atlanta where I hope to swim with my friends at the Winchester academy. They are a great group.
    Categories
    Swim Workouts
  12. Week 186 - Monday

by , April 18th, 2016 at 09:05 AM (After a long rest)
    I took a nap yesterday and went to bed early. I slept great and woke feeling good. Yesterday morning I had a massage and my shoulders and lower back were a little stiff when I dove in. I felt good in warmup and this feeling continued nearly the whole workout today. This was our last long(er) aerobic workout before nationals and I swam great practice. Today was LCM.

Warm up
    400 free with snorkel
    6x50 catchup on 1min

mains sets
    5x400 pull on 6min negative split and holding high tempo
    6x100 kick on 2mins
    6x50 free on 1min done as 25 blast, 25 easy

warm down
    200 easy

i know these are crazy fast and I am almost embarrassed writing down my times today based on how crappy I have felt the past few weeks. I held 4:40-4:42 the whole way on the 400s. Out in 2:20s on all of them. I did one on 4:42 when I got into lane traffic. I was very pleased with not only the times but how I felt. The kick was not so great but I held 1:50s throughout. I felt a little tired on the blast 25s but overall swam fast again. I plan on really backing off the rest of the week with lower yardage and lower intensity. i leave for Atlanta tomorrow and will be there until Friday.
    Categories
    Swim Workouts
  13. Week 185 - Saturday

by , April 16th, 2016 at 05:56 PM (After a long rest)
    I had a better night of sleep but still woke up around 2am thinking work. On Saturdays we don't typically swim until 7am so I got more time in bed and despite waking up and struggling to go,back to sleep I got enough sleep. Today tne pool was setup LCM(my favorite setup)

Warm up
    400 free with snorkel
    6x50 catchup

Main sets
    6x100 Rotating IMs by 50 on 1:40
    8x100 free done as 4 at 400 pace, 2 easy, 2 pull high tempo, on 2mins
    4x100 kick on 2:15
    2x100 free with find from a push on 3mins

Warm down
    200 easy

I felt rough in the warm up and through the transition set today so decided that I was going to adapt the main set based on how I felt. I decided to try to be aggressive on the first 4 100s and see where I was and how I felt. I was out fast but managed to hold on. I was out in 1:03 and then went 1:04,1:04,1:04 which is much faster than I have been in a while on this set. They really hurt but I was very pleased with the times. I cruised the next two and then put paddles(no bouy) on the last 2 and was back to 1:03/1:04. The kick was active recovery and I held 1:50s.

I was not anticipating the 2x100 with fins based on the clock and the time remaining. My daughters group was gathering on deck when we put fins on for this set and our fastest 12 yr old boy(who I know well) started talking smack I did the first one on :54. As I came in saw the kid had his fins on and Tom had challenged him to beat me and if he did he could get out of practice. This is no ordinary 12 yr old having won TAGS in multiple events many of which he won in faster times the finalists in the 13/4 age group. At this point I was whooped from practice but all the kids gathered around and started cheering for the boy. Both of us pushed off together and despite us nothing out pretty fast I deliberately held back a little on the first 50 knowing he goes out hard and I would have more on the second 50. I turned just ahead and then went for it on the second 50. I finished in :52 and he was :54. I know you should not enjoy beating up on 12 yr olds but I did enjoy this one mainly due to the smack he got from the other kids. The boy is a good kid but sometimes his mouth gets him in trouble and I was glad to put him in his place for a little while longer. Despite being tired and having a little cramp in my hamstring I was happier with today's workout.

I know I should expect ups and downs based on my health challenges this spring but I really hope I start stringing a few days of good workouts together before Nationals or this could be a crazy meet.
    Categories
    Swim Workouts
  14. Week 185 - Friday

by , April 16th, 2016 at 05:37 PM (After a long rest)
    I had a bad night sleep waking and not being able to turn work off; their is a lot going on right now. I felt tired in the water also which did not help! Pool was scy today.

Warm up
    400 free with snorkel
    6x50 catchup

Main sets
    4,3,2,1 free descend by 5(1:20 down to 1:05)
    100 ez
    4,3,2,1 kick descend by 5(1:50 down to 1:35)
    200 ez
    8x25 afap with turn on :40

Warmup
    200 ez
    4x50 drill

I felt sluggish the whole workout and really struggled on the free set. I held 1:03s but hurt so bad. The kick was not much better but held 1:26-1:28s the whole way. The 25s at the end felt a little better. This is not a workout I will look at with any great confidence. I felt rough nearly the whole way. Tom says feel is overrated but it sure is nice to have easy speed and I don't really have either(speed or easy) right now.
    Categories
    Swim Workouts
  15. Week 185 - Thursday

by , April 14th, 2016 at 08:48 AM (After a long rest)
    I did not have such a great night of sleep. The first part of the night was great and I woke up at 2am and went to the bathroom but then started thinking work and could not go back to sleep. I finally managed to go to sleep around 3:45 only to walk up 30 minutes later as my alarm went off. Unlike at 2am I was tired at 4:15. I guess I woke during a sleep cycle and probably needed more sleep. I was tired but felt OK at the gym and in the pool although I felt no speed today.

Dryland
    10 mins on stationary bike
    2x(3 shoulder exercises with bands)
    2x(5xabs done as :45 secs on and :15 second transition) with 1min between rounds. Medicine ball on the last set of each round for a minute with legs stretched out front and working in twisting upper body. This one hurt but I am now done with dry lands ahead of nationals.
    5 mins of stretching

Swimming LCM
    400 free with snorkel
    6x50 catchup on 1min
    4x200 kick with fins on 3mins
    10x50 pull focusing on high elbow on 1min
    2x(4x50 with fins done as open, close, easy, fast)
    200 easy
    Categories
    Swim Workouts
  16. Week 185 - Wednesday

by , April 13th, 2016 at 09:20 PM (After a long rest)
    I had another good night of sleep last night and woke feeling pretty good this morning. I have been feeling better and better each day and hope this continues.

Pool setup scy

Warm up
    400 free with snorkel
    6x50 catchup on :45

main sets
    4x(4x25 free on :35 done as open, close, easy, fast)
    8x50 free on :55 at 200 race pace
    200 easy
    8x75 kick on 1:20 odd done as flutter, fly, flutter
    4x200 descend 1-4 on 3mins with instructions for a big descend
    10x50 alternating back/free catchup drill on 1min

warm down
    200 easy

i felt much better in the pool today and felt like I had some easy speed which I have not felt in a long time. On the race pace 50s I was out in a solid :25 and held :26s on the other 7. I hurt pretty bad in the last 2 but I was able to hold on and my stroke did not implode. I was happy with this set. On the kick I held 1:05s. On the 200s I went 2:08,2:05, 2:03,2:01.
    Categories
    Swim Workouts
  17. Week 185 - Tuesday

by , April 12th, 2016 at 08:38 PM (After a long rest)
    I had a good nights sleep last night. This morning I started later than usual and started cutting back on my abs this morning. I also did an easy swim this morning.

Dryland
    10 mins on stationary bike
    2x(3 shoulder exercises with bands)
    2x(5xabs done as :45 secs on and :15 second transition) with 1min between rounds. Medicine ball.
    5 mins of stretching

Swimming SCY
    400 free with snorkel
    8x50 kick on 1min
    10x50 pull focusing on high elbow on 1min
    3x(4x50 free on :35 don as open, close, easy, fast)
    200 free
    Categories
    Swim Workouts
  18. Week 185 - Monday

by , April 11th, 2016 at 08:59 PM (After a long rest)
    I took a long nap yesterday afternoon when I got home from the meet and the. Went to bed early. I was tired but slept all night and woke feeling pretty good this morning. I was sore in places I am not used to being sore in like the inside of my legs and my groin. In a sick way it was a good deep muscle pain like you get when you lift. I was hoping for a recovery workout but alas i did not get my wish. Oh well! Today it finally felt good to push rather than that feeling like the tank is empty. I plan on doing dryland a this week and then I am done until after Nationals and will be significantly reducing my abs work today and then on Thursday will be doing next to nothing in the gym.

Pool setup LCM

warm up
    400 free with snorkel

main sets
    6x200 with paddles and snorkel on 3mins descend 1-3, 4-6
    4x(100 kick on 2mins, 100 IM on 1:30)
    10x50 finger tip drag drill on 1min
    4x50 on 1:30 with fins afap

warm down
    200 easy

i held 2:21s on all the 200s except the last one on each round where I went 2:19 and 2:18. On the kick I was holding 1:45s and on the IMs I held 1:20s. I have been working on a higher elbow and a cleaner entry with my right hand and I felt good on the drill set today. On the 50s with fins I descended a second per 50 which I did not deliberately do. I went :27,:26,:25,:24. I was happy with how I felt today.
    Categories
    Swim Workouts
  19. Week 184 - Friday

by , April 8th, 2016 at 10:00 PM (After a long rest)
    I had a busy day yesterday with my out and back day trip to Denver. I wish I did not have to do this trip but unfortunately this one was really important and I could not get out of it. I was fortunate enough that my meeting went as planned and I caught the earlier flight home getting back to Dallas in time to have dinner with my wife and kids. I even went to bed at a reasonable time.

I slept well well last night and felt good(yes good for a change). This morning was a special treat because both my kids came to the pool with me. My son has decided to take his life guard certification and is now trying to get in shape ahead of the test. This morning was my daughters first morning practice this season and she swam in the next lane to me with many of her training group. It's fun to see how much she has improved. After the workout we even went to breakfast which was fun also.

Warm up
    400 free with snorkel
    6x50 catchup on :45

main sets
    12x75 with snorkel done as streamline kick, finger tip drill, swim by 25 on 1:10
    8x50 kick on :45 best average
    10x50 back on 1min best average
    3x400 free on 5:20

warm down
    200 easy

on the kick Tom told my daughter to beat me and she did; she held 35-37s(OMG) while I trailed with :37-:39s. On the best average 50s back I held :28s. This was a great set for me and I felt really good. My daughter held :30/:31s which is near enough the same time she went at TAGS. She has really stepped up her efforts and is getting really fast.

My my son lifted and then swam. I think he will do fine on the swimming portion of the life guard test with some work over the next month. I am happy he is enjoying the water.

It it was really fun seeing my kids in the water today and I am very lucky to have two terrific kids.
    Categories
    Swim Workouts
  20. Week 184 - Wednesday

by , April 6th, 2016 at 02:17 PM (After a long rest)
    I had a good night of sleep last night and felt a little more energetic this morning. Today's workout was not easy but I adapted the 16x50s and pulled back a little on the effort front. I felt tired but way better than the past few weeks.

Warm up
    400 free with snorkel

Main sets
    12x50 drill/build by 25 backstroke on 1min
    3x(4x25 free on :35 done as open, close, easy, fast)
    3x(4x50 free on :55 at 200 pace, 100 easy on 2mins)
    200 easy
    4x(2x50 finger tip drag drill on 1min, 2x50 kick on 1min done as 25 underwater on back, 25 streamline kick)

Warm down
    200 easy

This workout does not look like much but the 3x4x50 were hard but I held :26/:27s. The rest I swam pretty smooth focusing on strokes.

Tomorrow I have a day trip to Denver and leave at 6am and don't get back until 11pm. It's going to be a long day!
    Categories
    Swim Workouts
Page 1 of 48 1234511 ... LastLast