View RSS Feed

Swim Workouts

1. Week 116 - Thursday

by , December 18th, 2014 at 10:24 PM (After a long rest)
    I arrived home at 11pm and was out on my feet. I don't think I moved all night and was jumped about 10 feet when my alarm woke me. I had texted a few of my training partners to coordinate a time when we we're going to lift and swim. When I know I am going to be tired I text friends to confirm a time which then I use as a motivator to get my butt up; I hate letting people down.

Today was was my first weight workout since my taper and I knew it was going to be painful and that's how it materialized.

10 mins vasa swim bench done as 1:30 on :30 off x 5
    10 minutes of abs done as leg kick, crunches, leg extension, planks, leg kick x 2
    2x(bench press, inclined bench press, military press, seated row hands inside, seated row hands outside, lat pull down hands inside, lat pull down hands outside) round 1, 10 reps per machine, round 2, 8 reps per machine.

Then i I swam for about 30 minutes and did
    400 free with snorkel
    8x50 catchup on :45
    6x100 swim with paddles on 1:20
    200 easy

i felt better after the swim but as I write this I am sore and suspect I will be for a few weeks as I increase weight and add exercises.
    Categories
    Swim Workouts
  2. Week 116 - Wednesday

by , December 17th, 2014 at 08:46 PM (After a long rest)
    I had a long day yesterday and finished the day by driving from Atlanta to Birmingham. I slept really well as a result. When trying to find a place to swim in Birmingham I was amazed that unlike Atlanta where there are literally 100s of places to swim, Birmingham had two choices in the usms local places database. I made arrangements last night to swim with Birmingham Swim League Masters. The pool was pretty straight forward to find and looked like an outdoor pool that at some later point they enclosed with a dome. Inside the pool had covers and once they were off I was pleasantly surprised. After jumping in I thought the water was a little cold but our pool is cold and I like this once I warmup. As I was doing the warmup I noticed that some people jumped in and then immediately got out and subsequently disappeared. After the warm up I discovered that the water heater had stopped working and the pool was a brisk 70F and many of the masters had decided it was too cold. I stuck with it and with about 8 others made the workout. the particular workout was a little confusing with quite a lot of chopping and changing but I am glad I swam and the group was very friendly and made me feel very welcome. Thanks Birmingham Swim League Masters.

Warm up
    200 free easy
    300 swum as 3x(50 kick with snorkel, 50 swim with snorkel)

Main sets
    50 fly on :45
    1x100 breast/fly by 50 on 1:30
    1x100 back on 1:30
    200 IM on 3mins
    200 free with snorkel on 2:45
    1x100 back/breast by 50 on 1:30
    1x100 breast on 1:40
    200 IM on 3mins
    3x100 fly/free by 50 on 1:30
    1x100 free on 1:30
    200 IM on 3mins
    200 easy

Warm down
    300 easy

Due to a lot of swimmers leaving I had a lane to myself and ended up swimming the sets on comfortable times for me rather than the suggested times. A couple of the swimmers joined me and we managed to talk a little between swims which was nice.

I had fun again today.
    Categories
    Swim Workouts
  3. Week 116 - Tuesday

by , December 16th, 2014 at 03:36 PM (After a long rest)
    Yesterday I travelled to Atlanta and despite trying to swim with Dynamo Masters was unable to make the evening workout work. This morning I swam with Georgia Mastes at the Westminster High School. Islam with this group earlier this year and really liked the pool and the group. I saw many familiar faces and the workout was different from what I have been doing but was great fun noen the less.

Warm up
    400 free with snorkel
    8x50 catchup on :45
    200 easy

Main sets
    4x100 kick IM order by 25 on 1:45
    4x75 drill fly, back, breast on 1min
    4x50 free drill on :45
    4x25 fly on :30

4x100 free on 1:20
    4x75 back on 1:10
    4x50 breast on :50

4x100 pull with paddles on 1:20
    4x75 pull no paddles on 1min
    4x50 free on :40

4x50 back on :45
    3x50 back on :40
    2x50 back on :35
    1x50 back on :30

Warm down
    200 easy

I was holding 1min per 100 pace on most of the free sets today and felt great. On the pull I was holding 58 pace. I always feel great in the water at the end of a taper but was expecting to feel crappy based on the length I held this taper. It makes me wonder if I need even more rest.
    Categories
    Swim Workouts
  4. Week 115 - Friday

by , December 12th, 2014 at 09:09 PM (After a long rest)
    With the bad weather that hit california yesterday my trip was hit. I ended up taking almost 3 hours to get from San Francisco airport to Oakland which should have been a 23-30 minute drive. Rain was so heavy that parts of the interstate were closed and traffic was diverted off the interstate. There were also mud slides in the Bay Area. I decided to cut my losses and not drive from San Francisco to Sacramento as planned today and instead decided to just fly home. The bad part as it relates to swimming was I was unable to swim yesterday and today had to swim when I got home. Today I did an easy 2k swim and felt ok. I am not sure how I will swim with the lack of sleep I have had the past two days.

400 free with snorkel
    6x50 catchup on :50
    4x100 kick on 1:45
    6x100 pull on 1:20
    300 easy

It's really nice to be home.
    Categories
    Swim Workouts
  5. Week 115 - Wednesday

by , December 10th, 2014 at 10:53 PM (After a long rest)
    I went to bed pretty early last night and slept solid but felt very tired this morning. I think all the driving in and around LA caught up with me because I felt mentally fried. Today's workout was at the old ucla sunset pool which is definitely older and lesser quality than Spieker. I struggled with lane lines and currents in the pool today. Today was stroke day and I did more stroke by a country mile than I am used to doing. This was once again lcm and again all aerobic.

Warm up
    400 free with snorkel
    400 pull
    300 kick with every 50 a 25 of kick IM order
    200 IM drill
    100 IM

Main sets
    2x(100 IM on 1:45, 4x50 IM order drill build by 25 on 1min, 100 free on 1:30)
    3x250 (swum as 150 Fly, back, breast by 50, 100 kick) on 5mins

Warm down
    200 easy

With the current in the pool and my sighting challenges on back I have nice bruises down my arms and back. It was still fun and as usual I felt better at the end of practice than the beginning. Off to San Francisco tonight and I hope I am able to swim with Burlingame in the morning. This part of the trip will be crazy busy with SF tomorrow and a drive to and from Sacramento on Friday before heading home on Friday night. Oh how I crave my own bed!!!
    Categories
    Swim Workouts
  6. Week 115 - Tuesday

by , December 10th, 2014 at 12:20 AM (After a long rest)
    I had a pretty long day yesterday but the thought of today was a little intimidating. I had back and forth meetings in Newport Beach and downtown LA with not a lot of time between meetings for my liking. This morning I swam with the UCLA masters once again at the Spieker pool. Yesterday I was amazed at how great a pool it is and today I was even more impressed. Unfortunately the photos I took don't do the pool justice. The facility is just world class!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0046small.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	184.9 KB 
ID:	9196Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0047small.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	153.1 KB 
ID:	9197

Today was the UCLA aerobic day and a number of there team did a 5k+ workout long course. Due to my work schedule and my desire to extend my taper til this weekend I swam for an hour which long course was plenty.

Warm up
    400 free with snorkel
    300 swum as 100 swim, 100 IM drill, 100 swim
    200 swum as 50 free, 100 IM drill, 50 free
    100 swum as IM drill

Main sets
    8x50 kick alternating back and breast kick with no board on 1:10
    4x100 free pull on 1:30
    600 free on 8:30
    2x150 free on 2:15
    300 free on 4mins
    2x150 free on 2:15
    300 free on 4mins

Warm down
    200 free easy

I swam everything aerobic today holding 1:15 LCM pace throughout the free parts of the main set. Just like yesterday I was a little sore but went pretty conservative.
    Categories
    Swim Workouts
  7. Week 115 - Monday

by , December 9th, 2014 at 09:28 AM (After a long rest)
    I was quite tired and sore when I woke up this morning. I guess in hindsight I did not do a long enough warm down after the meet. I decided to try swimming at UCLA with the UCLA Masters. For anyone in LA the Spieker Aquatic Center is awesome and well worth the $10 visitor fee. I felt pretty good in the water but found LCM more challenging than usual. I guess when I am completely tapered and have been swimming scy the jump back is not easy. Luckily this was not a tough workout and was exactly what I needed in terms of speed and yardage today.

Warm up
    400 free
    6x50 catchup

main sets
    2x250 on 3:45 pull(I had no bouy) with paddles
    5x100 with paddles on 1:30
    2x250 free on 3:45
    5x100 back on 1:40
    4x50 fly on 1min

warm down
    200 easy
    Categories
    Swim Workouts
  8. Week 114 - Thursday

by , December 5th, 2014 at 01:09 PM (After a long rest)
    Today was supposed to be a lot smoother than it turned out. I seemed to be hurrying all day. I had a work commitment where I needed to speak on a panel for a regional industry group on connected society. Specifically how the design and construction of buildings can benefit from networked buildings and employees. I was not expecting much from the event but it was actually good fun. Anyhow as a consequence I decided yesterday I was going to grab an extra hour of sleep this morning, head to my panel discussion and then swim, before shaving, packing and getting to the airport for a 4:45pm flight to LA. I somehow got it all done but i did not stop all day. In hindsight it was good because I did not really think about the meet but bad because I am sure I have forgotten something. It would not be so bad if I did not have to pack for the meet, training next week, work and some social events with friends while I am in LA. I guess I will find out how well I did with the packing next week.

Today's swim was a meet warmup and two 25s with bungee cords followed by a loosen down. I felt really good.

400 swim with snorkel
    4x100 kick
    4x50 swum as 25 smooth, 25 build on 1min
    2x25 with bungee cords
    400 easy

I have the 100 free and 200 back tomorrow, the 400 free and 100 back Saturday and the 200 free and 50 back on Sunday. I am going to try to hold my taper next week and swim the LPA memorial meet with my daughter next weekend.
    Categories
    Swim Workouts
  9. Week 114 - Wednesday

by , December 3rd, 2014 at 07:02 PM (After a long rest)
    I had a good night of sleep and generally felt good this morning. During practice I felt good but then we did a broken 200 free and despite going pretty quick I felt a little stiff at speed. I am sure this was nothing and just the taper playing mind games with me.

400 free with snorkel
    3x(200 free with snorkel on 2:40, 150 kick on 2:40, 100 IM on 2min)
    200 easy
    200 broken as 50,100,50 with 10 seconds at 50, 15 after the 100 afap
    500 easy

hot tub for 10 minutes.

On the 200s with snorkel I descended going 2:15,2:10, 2:07, the kick I went very smooth holding 2:15s, and the IM's I went 1:08,1:08,1:07. I felt easy and strong. On the broken 200 I went 1:47 with splits of 25,55,27 which I was happy with but felt stiff on the last 50. Tom said I looked good and I believe the time is 3 seconds faster than I went on a similar broken 200 ahead of worlds. Tomorrow we are doing a meet warmup and a couple of fast 25s and then I head to LA tomorrow evening. Cant wait to catchup with Patrick, swim in some fast races, and have some good old fun in LA!!
    Categories
    Swim Workouts
  10. Week 114 - Tuesday

by , December 2nd, 2014 at 09:28 AM (After a long rest)
    I had a good nights sleep but the alarm came too early this morning. I was a little sluggish in the water also today but this was a stretch swim so it did not matter too much. I felt ok by the end of the workout but it took some effort to get motivated this morning.

400 swim with snorkel
    8x50 catchup on :50
    4x100 kick with fins on 1:30
    4x100 swim on 1:30
    50 underwater with fins
    50 fast with fins
    50 underwater with fins
    50 fast with fins
    200 easy
    Categories
    Swim Workouts
  11. Week 114 - Monday

by , December 1st, 2014 at 09:39 AM (After a long rest)
    I woke feeling great this morning. I have been feeling better and better for a few days now and fingers crossed this will continue to my meet starting on Friday. Today was a mix of aerobic swimming and some short speed work from the blocks.

Warm up
    400 free with snorkel
    6x50 catchup on 1min

main sets
    3x500 with snorkel on 6:30 swum aerobically
    12x50 odds swum as back on :45, evens swum as back drill on 1min
    6x100 kick on 1:45 easy
    100 easy
    2x25 AFAP from a dive with a turn
    1x50 AFAP from a dive

warm down
    300 easy

10minutes in the hot tub stretching.

I felt very strong and smooth in the warm up and this feeling held up throughout the workout today. On the 500s I was asked to hold a nice constant speed and to concentrate to my feet going over straight at the turns. I descended these and went 5:45, 5:37, 5:30. the 50s were hard because the flags at the turn end had been altered by the diving team yesterday so I had no real indicator of where the turn was so I had to rely on stroke count. I still managed to hold 30-31s on these. I went very easy on the kick and held 1:30s. The speed work from the dive felt good. On the 50 atom timed me and he said I went 22.89 which is a really fast time for me. It felt fast and strong and i was surprised it was so fast due to a few technical mistakes on the start(my hands separated due to my hands not being locked tight enough) and turn(shallow flip and I was pushed off on the surface of the water).

Tomorrow is a stretch swim with 2 race pace 100s but nothing crazy. It's pretty much stay loose and cruise into the last few days of the taper. I have a busy work week so it will be interesting to see if I can stay relaxed(obviously that's my goal).
    Categories
    Swim Workouts
  12. Week 113 - Sunday

by , November 30th, 2014 at 11:28 AM (After a long rest)
    Inside two weeks of my taper meet I like to be in the pool everyday and those of us swimming next week were given permission to swim at the pool this morning. I took advantage of the opportunity(along with my daughter) and swam an easy 2k. I felt a little tight across the shoulders but by the end of the stretch swim I felt pretty good.

400 swim with snorkel
    8x50 catchup on 1min
    8x50 kick on 1min
    4x50 pull on 1:30
    2x25s free from the blocks focused on start and break out
    2x25s back from blocks focused in start and underwater
    100 easy

we spent about 10minutes in the hot tub which is a rare treat during taper.

After swimming my daughter and I grabbed some breakfast together. This was my second day on the spin that I have eaten a huge breakfast burrito and if today's anything like yesterday, I won't eat until dinner as a result. My daughter is so much fun and I am so lucky to have one on one time with her. My son and I were going to go driving over at the high school together this morning but he decided he did not want to do that today so I need to find something else to do to engage him. My son and I did go to Interstellar together on Saturday and I must say it's probably one of the best films I have seen in a long time. We both had tears in our eyes and he could not stop talking about it afterward(this is usually a good indicator he enjoyed himself)! Good stuff.
    Categories
    Swim Workouts
  13. Week 113 - Saturday

by , November 29th, 2014 at 01:19 PM (After a long rest)
    I felt good this morning and was looking forward to today's workout. Tom decided that those of us tapering would change up today's workout which I was glad about. Instead of doing 8x100s at 500 race pace he said I had to do the first 4 but could then decide how I wanted to do the last 4.

Warm up
    5x200 with snorkel on 3mins
    12x50 kick on 1min

main set
    4x100 on 2mins swum at 500 race pace, finishing with a turn
    2x100 easy on 2mins
    1x100 on 2mins swum at 500 race pace, finishing with a turn
    1x100 easy on 2mins
    500 with paddles and pull bouy easy
    4x25 from a dive on 1min afap

warm down
    200 easy

i felt really good right away today and tried going smooth in the warm up. The 100s I felt great and held 54-55s to my feet which is way faster than my desired 500 time. I think a combination of more energy from rest and Mr Unruh in the lane next to me got me swimming pretty quick today. After doing 2 easy 100s I dropped another second on the other fast 100 going 53. All these were from a push and I felt good. The 500 was a good stretch swim and then the fast 25s were swum strong. I did not pay attention to my times on the 25s instead I was focusing on my streamline off the block. I felt good today.

After practice Steve Unruh and I had breakfast together and spent an hour chatting swimming. Despite us being ultra competitive there is huge mutual respect and I am lucky to be able to call Steve a friend. If he reads this, I still plan on kicking his butt at the blue bell challenge at Nationals(500 free is both our favorite scy events and he challenged several of the guys who will compete for the 500 at Nationals to a pint of blue bell ice cream).
    Categories
    Swim Workouts
  14. Week 113 - Friday

by , November 28th, 2014 at 03:27 PM (After a long rest)
    I had a great nights sleep and felt much less sore and stiff today. I got a rare opportunity to swim with Mr Steve Unruh who visits Rockwall from time to time to visit family. It's always fun swimming next to Steve and its a great feeling swimming stroke for stroke with someone. Despite our obvious differences(I am 6'5 and he is not, he is hairy and I am not&#128515 we are highly competitive but are good friends. Today was a longish taper workout with a mix of fast short stuff and longer aerobic stuff.

Warm up
    8x100 free on 1:30 with snorkel

main sets
    12x50 kick on 1min
    6x100 back on 1:45 getting heart rate up
    12x25 at 100 pace on 1min
    3x500 free with paddles ascend 1-3 on 6:30

warm down
    200 double arm back

i felt much better on the warmup today. I don't know if it was swimming next to Steve or I just felt better but we were holding 1:05-1:06s on the warmup and I felt good. On the kick I was holding 40s and again felt great. The transition 100s I did back and descended 1-5 from 1:07-1:03 and then went easy on number 6. On the fast 25s I was holding 11 high/12 lows and felt good. On the 500s I did the first one on 5:25 and backed off about 15 seconds per 500. I felt good and I am excited about next weeks meet.

Tomorrow we have 500 race pace day and Tom said we are only doing 8x100s this week so it should be a good day. Following tomorrow's practice I really drop yardage and float most of the week with a few fast 25s and 50s but nothing else fast until the meet on Friday. I still have to figure what I am doing on Thursday before I head to LA in terms of work and swimming but it will figure itself out. I have no idea what sort of times to expect swimming SCM and in some ways it's nice knowing what I swum last season unrested and unshaven as my targets.
    Categories
    Swim Workouts
  15. Week 113 - Thursday

by , November 27th, 2014 at 11:00 AM (After a long rest)
    I had a long massage last night and am I sore this morning. I was really knotted up on my back, shoulders and Lats and this morning I was really sore. I had arranged to do a stretch out swim at our pool this morning with a couple of my team mates and my daughter. We swam an easy 2k and by the end I felt really good. It's was especially fun having my daughter swim with me and she is now able to go on our send offs.

400 free with snorkel
    4x100 kick with fine on 1:20
    6x100 free on 1:30
    300 easy(back, double arm back, free by 100)

after er the swim my daughter decided she wanted to off the diving boards and we then hung out in the hot tub. Good simple fun! I have a lot to be thankful for this Thanksgiving. Now I am off to try to persuade my son to go and watch Interstellar with me; I suspect we will end up at dumb and dumber too basked on his comments last night!
    Categories
    Swim Workouts
  16. Week 113 - Wednesday

by , November 26th, 2014 at 07:25 PM (After a long rest)
    I had a pretty restless night of sleep. I have been congested but my wife has a full blown cold; which I think I may have inadvertently passed along. She says itís a cold, but I am pretty sure mine was a virus, due to the fever. Either way itís my fault so I canít complain about the restless sleep.

The restless sleep did not affect my swimming although I am still kind of achy and sore in the pool. Despite this I am swimming fast and I am very optimistic I am going to have a great meet at SPMS next weekend.

Todays workout was the taper version of our race pace 200 day. We have reduced the number of repeats and increased the send off time and today was swum at a faster than 200 pace 50s(I wish I could hold 4 like today).

Warm up
    400 free with snorkel

Main sets
    12x50 kick on :50
    3x100 IM on 1:40 getting heart rate up and stretching out the arms
    8x50 on 1:15 at 200 race pace finishing with a turn
    200 easy
    5x200 with snorkel and cardio cap on 3mins swum as active recovery

Warm down
    100 double arm backstroke

On the first kick 50 I went 40 and then held 42s on the rest. Despite feeling pretty awful I felt better than yesterday's kick set. The IMs I held 1:09s. Tom said he was giving us more time on the race pace set and wanted me going faster than my 200 pace. I started the set with a 24 and then held 25s for the next 4, 26s on number 6 and 7 and finished with another 25 on the last 50. The rest of the workout was swum aerobically. Despite having a really good race pace set I still felt hideous. Tonight I am off for a massage which I hope helps over the next week or so.
    Categories
    Swim Workouts
  17. Week 113 - Tuesday

by , November 25th, 2014 at 03:01 PM (After a long rest)
    I had an early start at work this morning so headed to the pool a little earlier than usual. One of my team mates joined me in an early short workout today. I was surprisingly stiff and sore in my lats, tris and shoulders today.

500 free with snorkel
    8x50 catchup on 1min
    4x100 kick on 2mins
    500 pull with paddles
    12x50 drill swim
    200 easy

I went pretty easy the entire practice today and only picked up my pace on the 500 pull with paddles where I went 5:25. Everything else was simply done at an easy pace intended to stretch out.
    Categories
    Swim Workouts
  18. Week 113 - Monday

by , November 24th, 2014 at 09:28 PM (After a long rest)
    My taper hit like a ton of bricks this morning; my body was stiff, sore and generally not great. Reading past tapers I have experienced similar feelings two weeks out so fingers crossed I am on course for the SPMS meet on 5-7 Dec.

i tried being positive despite the crumby feeling in the pool today, which was easier said than done.

Warm up
    400 free with snorkel
    6x50 catchup on :45

Main sets
    10x50 free on :40
    8x100 best average kick on 2mins
    100 easy
    5x300 free on 4mins, 1 and 2 were done breathing 5,7 by 25, 3 I let rip, 4,5 were swum easy with long strokes.

Warm down
    12x50 drill swim on :50

I felt pretty bad on the 50s on :40 but held 30s. Despite trying hard on the kick my legs were sore today and I struggle to hold a 1:22 average. The slower 300s I was holding 3:20s. On number 3 I went 2:57, which based on how bad I felt I was pleased with. The drills I focused on high elbows and turns. I plan on swimming a little longer tomorrow but easy. Fingers crossed I can loosen up. Roll on next week.
    Categories
    Swim Workouts
  19. Week 112 - Saturday

by , November 22nd, 2014 at 02:20 PM (After a long rest)
    I am still congested but it seems to have at least loosened up a little. Today's workout was a shorter version of our now normal race pace Saturday workout. I swam a little faster today than last week but still hurt as much despite doing less reps in the race pace work.

Warm up
    8x100 free with snorkel on 1:30

Main sets
    12x50 drill, build free on 1min
    12x100 on 2mins at 500 race pace
    12x50 kick on :55

Warm down
    500 easy

I felt pretty strong during the warm up and quickly got into a nice rhythm today. On the drill build I alternated catchup and finger tip drill. On the race pace set it took me two to really hit my stride going 58s and then I slotted nicely into a good rhythm and went 56/57s until the end. Like last week the last 4 are really hard and in particular the last 2 I had to really battle to keep the 56/57 pace. The kick I used as active recovery holding 43-45s. I did an extended warm down today by doing 200 in the main pool and then moving to the baby pool for an additional 300.

Since we we are within two weeks of our taper meet I am no longer doing swim bench or abs so hung out talking to the coaches for a few minutes before heading to yoga.

Todays yoga focused on legs and I found it quite challenging. It still amazes me how hard I have to work to hold the poses I am being asked to do. I have been told a couple of times not to compete(which for me is hard to do) and instead slow things down and focus on the position. I am trying and I have come a long long way but it's still hard; maybe that's the idea. I can hold most of the poses for the desired time now which is a big improvement over where I was when I started.

We are off to see the hunger games movie this afternoon. I hope it's a good movie. I enjoyed the prior two! Should be a nice relaxing weekend.
    Categories
    Swim Workouts
  20. Week 112 - Friday

by , November 21st, 2014 at 09:42 AM (After a long rest)
    Our coach is visiting family in Illinois this weekend so iwas sent today's and tomorrow's practice and was asked to answer any questions people may have. Today was pretty straight forward and overall uneventful.

Warm up
    400 free with snorkel
    8x50 drill swim IM order on 1 min

main sets
    6x100 IM on 1:45
    16x25 free AFAP on :30
    3x200 perfect stroke with snorkel
    200 free AFAP on 5mins from a dive
    4x25 free AFAP on :40
    100 free AFAP from a dive

warm down
    200 easy

i felt a little less congested today after taking another Alka Seltzer last night. I always sleep well after taking the alka seltzer nighttime but have a residual achy feeling the following day. Despite this I felt pretty good in the water and this feeling held throughout practice today. I swam fast but smooth through the IMs holding 1:06-1:08s. The fast 25s to my feet I felt good until the last two when I had to dig deep to hold my :13s. On the AFAP 200 I was hoping to go 1:55-1:56 and surprised myself with a 1:53. I was hurting on the last 50 but my stroke did not fall apart and despite my legs really hurting I felt strong. The fast 25s I was again holding 13s but this time without a flip turn. The last fast 100 I had no expectation and again surprised myself going :51 high. I was really pleased with my AFAP efforts. As I write this I still feel pretty congested but if I swim like I did today everyday I dont care. Two more weeks to rest and get ready for SPMS. Speaking of which there are now over 350 entries which is awesome. I just hope they don't drop the 6th event which I put as my 200 back which in hindsight was a poor selection; I should have made the 50 back my 6th event but alas that decision can't be undone. We have our 500 race pace set tomorrow(fun fun fun) and then we are on the slide down to the meet as the taper really kicks in.

Updated November 21st, 2014 at 09:57 AM by StewartACarroll

Categories
    Swim Workouts
Page 1 of 29 1234511 ... LastLast