Blog Comments

I was contemplating taking Tuesday off as well. Can't decide.

Definitely ready to stop tapering and race!
    hahah ... Carrie this was my plan all along. But I will call you to complain and blame you

Actually this is how I DO try and swim the 100 but it just never actually happens that way. I'm going to try and die/make it hurt. Vince has assured me that my training will carry me through the last 25. I hope he's right.

Better to flame out and die then hit the wall and feel like I could have gone faster.
    Btw, if you crash and burn on the 2nd 50 in epic Carrie fashion, it's NOT MY FAULT!!!!!!!
    My mantra is "There is no 2nd 50, there is no 2nd 50, there is no..."

But I totally agree on the legs. I have to focus on legs too. Mine just don't propel me the way yours do you! In Austin, your kick on your 50 free was SO strong. And your stroke looked great.
    Carrie, I totally agree. I think I had one of those famous lightbulb moments Monday. I think I focus on trying to go out fast with my arms in the 100 instead of my legs. Actually I think I've been obsessing on my arms and turnover too much and not letting my legs be my strength and what carries me through AND speeds up my turn over.

On the 25 I did I really just went to town on my legs. That's where I feel my lack of a good first 50 has been coming in - not sure, we'll see next week.

My pre 100 mantra will be legs, legs, legs, legs, legs, legs, legs, legs, legs, legs, legs, legs, legs, legs ... you get the idea.
    Hey, nice times for that broken 50 fly and 25 free!

Respectfully, I'd say that even in Austin you could have taken out your 100 harder. You did your 50 in 26-mid and took your hundred out in 28-something... there was over a 1.5 sec differential between your 50 time and your 100 split... Then again, look who's talking - she of utter death on the 2nd 50...
    Yay for coached workouts! Have fun tonight!
    No more gardening drylands for me either!
    I found one that's a pill form. It's been helping I think. Whole Foods also has awesome gluten free Brownies. There are decent granola? bars that I found, too. I got some gluten-free pasta also, not sure about that. I'll let you know when I try it.

I had major temptation this weekend in the form of ice cream cake and ice cream sandwhich cake ... turned them down - bummer.
    Well, the good news is that if bread & pasta are really your fav foods, you'll lose weight on a gluten free diet. Or feel frustrated and hungry often ...

Hey, forgot to mention. You might consider taking probiotics to get your digestive system functioning normally. Compare brands. I take Metagenics.
    Ah, that does suck! Hang in there, Heather. Think of it as a new-age cleansing prior to your big meet!

My girls are sneezing like crazy, so I think something is definitely in the air. Hopefully the crazy wind today will blow some of the pollen out of here.
    That sucks!

Maybe you're right to consider a gluten problem. Perhaps cut it and see if you feel any better. Hopefully by Nats!
    Updated May 4th, 2010 at 07:31 PM by The Fortress
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyQueen
    So then, yes, yes I did the Cavic drill. Go me!
    I like that drill, but Qbrain and Jazz thought it was largely useless. Probably better if you do it with higher weight on the cable machine. But it may help the RC muscles doing it on a yoga ball like that.
    So then, yes, yes I did the Cavic drill. Go me!
    Doing fly recovery with light weights on a yoga ball or using a cable machine.
    30 seconds of recovery on the squat set. Three times through. It was good.

He had me laying on the BOSU with my feet touching the ground. I had 2lbs weights I believe. Since I couldn't practice the catch without going through the floor I focused on keeping the scaps down and lats engaged.

What is the Cavic drill?
    Love the workout! I may rip off the 3 x 5x5x5 squat set.

What hand weights are you using during the fly recovery/Cavic drill?
    Fiesty, you know I ALWAYS appreciate your comments!

Ande and all ... can you say sprinter?
    1:01.6 in the 100 free and a 2:20.? in the 200 I worked really hard on both, too ... damn 200s.

Can you also say non-breaststroker? 2 second drop in the 50 to an astounding 42 ... haha
    Like I said, I had a cruddy angle...
    Reviews times 2 second drop in 50 evil. Without ever training it. Perhaps that is the key. 2 second drop on the 2 free too.

Carrie, I hit the wall flat - no gutter. So I don't think I pulled up.
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast