View RSS Feed

FlyQueen

1. Thursday November 5, 2009

I slept in Thursday. I swam Thursday night on my own before pilates. I had just over 30 minutes. I was planning on running before pilates but my running shoes were at work (beside my purse oddly enough).

W/U
    200 FR
    200 K
    200 Pull
    200 FR

6 x 50 done as 2 x (50 fl, 50 br, 50 fr) on 1:00

25 fast - went :15
    50 fast - try to go 25 time x 2 +1 went :31
    100 fast - double 50 time and add 2 - went 1:09 - felt awful I was thrashing - blech! I've gone 1:04/1:05 in practice before.

75 ez

3 x 50 ez fl, br, fr

Hour of pilates on the reformer. LOVING pilates. Hope to try hot yoga this weekend now that I'm back and back to 100%.

My plan for tomorrow is to get up early (yuck) and swim. Then go back to bed then run a couple of miles.

Sunday I want to run and do hot yoga. I'm trying like crazy to get in shape for Long Beach.

Events at Long Beach:
    100 Free (Friday)

50 Free & 50 Fly (Saturday)

100 Fly, 200 Free, 100 IM (Sunday)
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Monday Nov 2nd and Tuesday Nov 3rd

I did not forget to blog last week. I spent the week in bed. Unfortunately it was due to illness. The only full day I worked was Monday. I finally got a stronger antibiotic and a decongestant/anti-histamine.

I was dead on Monday. First time back in the water in over a week ... I only did 1200 none of it hard.

Today I was late ... I'm working on that.

400 swim mix in drill
    4 x 100 kick

Main Set:
    6 x 150 (choice of paddles, pull or swim)
    I did 2 with paddles and the last 4 without
    There was a breathing pattern but I covet my air and opted to stick mostly with every 3 and work the walls.

12 x 25 sprint on :40
    Did them all free held 15s

4 x 150 descend

Feeling better. I have to coach tonight so I am going to try and get some sort of dryland in. I might try running or elliptical. I might just opt to weights and stretching. Depends on how I feel and when I get to the gym.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. This weekend's meet

I survived the 400 ... barely. I do NOT like tech suits for longer events. I do not notice my breathing being constricted in 50s and 100s but have swum a 500 and now a 400 in a tech suit had felt like I was having a panic attack because I couldn't breathe. My streamlines sucked, I nearly died and it was slow. All this proves is that I don't need to do this event again. I'm sure I'll do it next year just to remind myself why I don't swim distance.

100 breast was a blast. It was slow but my stroke felt good. I just had fun with it. I had a terrible last wall. I pretty much forgot to do a pull out. Oh well. I was well under 2:00, too. This might have potential to be an event I toy with. We shall see.

100 free was okay. Slow for sure, but I am told that with the lack of speed work we have been doing that it's okay. The stroke felt pretty solid.

I scratched the 50 back. I was warm and dry at that point and the thought of jumping back into the cold pool to swim a race I suck at was not appealing. Food however was and won out.

I got a terrible headache last night and got into bed before 5 because of it. Sudafed did not seem to help and I called it a night very early. I was planning on swimming this morning but putting on a cap and smashing goggles onto my eyes when they feel like they are going to pop out of my head did not seem smart.

There's always tomorrow ... and hopefully a run tonight if my head does not explode.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Thursday October 22 & Tuesday's Dryland Notes

Was a tad late this morning. I woke-up VERY crabby and exhausted. I took a 3 minute nap in my car when I got to the pool. I was exhausted.

I woke-up to my alarm with my contacts still on, make-up still on from yesterday, bag not packed, etc.

I only got in the very first part of warm-up:
    150 kick
    150 swim

Main set:

2 x 150 breathe every 3 @ 75%
    4 x 75 build
    2 x 150 breathe every 3 @ 75%
    4 x 75 ?
    1 x 150 @ 70%
    4 x 75 @ 85%

8 x 50 fast r:10 (didn't get to these)

50 c/d

Tuesday night I only ended up with about 25 minutes before coaching. I got on the treadmill cranked it up and ran hard.

Tonight I have my pilates reformer class. I'm planning on getting back on the treadmill after class and running hard for about 3 miles.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. 2 in a row!

Was late - I know you are all shocked.

250 Free
    2 x 125 Kick
    100 IM drill

3 x (2 x 75 (50 drill/25 swim) 4 x 25 build, 2 x 75Kick)
    Only one round could be free, you had to do the same stroke the whole round.
    Round 1 Fly
    Round 2 Breast
    Round 3 Free

Ran out of time or else I would have had

8 x 75
    1-4 fly/back/breast
    5-8 back/breast/free

Feeling better, antibiotics are kicking in. Meet Sunday will be interesting. DEFINITELY wearing my B70!!!

Swimming
    400 Free
    100 Breast - if I'm under 2:00 it'll be a victory
    100 Free
    50 Back - If it resembles backstroke I'll be happy.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  6. Ok, so in theory ...

Ok, so in theory I will be at all four practices this week. I have a meet on Sunday. Last week I had my suit mishap on Tuesday and blew off practice on Thursday because I was still battling whatever this infection thing is that is terrorizing my body. Went to the doctor on Friday he gave me antibiotics. He remarked, you are never sick. You haven't been on antibiotics in over a year. That's right doc.

Anyway - was pretty much on time, YEAH!

200 free
    200 kick choice
    200 IM
    200 pull (I dragged my legs)
    200 choice non-free (only did a 50)

8 x 125 Free on 2:05 nice easy interval descend 1-4, 5-8

50 ez

6 x 75 kick choice on r:15

50 ez

Water was way too warm for me. I hate cold weather but LOVE cold water (to a point).

Didn't feel as bad as I thought it would. I won't get a workout or run in tonight
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  7. Seriously?

It seems everytime I start to get back on track and am feeling good a $h*t storm of stuff happens that prevents me from continuing on.

I walk out to my car at 4:50am and see my dome light is on ... hmmm ... don't remember even turing it on but okay. Fortunately my car still started and started again after practice so it seems my little mistake is not taking a toll.

I am however sick again!?! WTF?!

I'm thinking of calling the doctor this afternoon. Maybe I just need a round of antibiotics to kick this crap out of me. Headache, sore throat, stuffy nose, chest congestion, etc.

Was a bit late and missed most of warm-up did a 200

3 x (6 x 75)
    Round 1 - Free on 1:10
    Round 2 - Fr, Stroke, Fr on 1:20
    Round 3 - Stroke, Fr, Stroke on 1:30

Did miss a few but did most of them. Went fly on all of the 2nd round, did fly and some breast on round 3.

8 x 50 kick on 1:00 ... we are not going to talk about how pathetic those were ...

Did some great dryland last night. Tons of core work. Squats, bicycles, tricep extensions with bands, bicep curls, rows, bosu squat/twists, "captain's chair" ab work, etc.

I am hoping to swim tomorrow depending on how my head feels and am planning on swimming on Saturday for sure.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  8. @#%$@*(&

Woke-up a few minutes late. Got dressed, brushed my teeth, put the contacts in, grabbed my already made lunch, already packed swim bag and got in the car to start the 45 minute drive to swim practice.

About 30+ minutes in I realized that all of my swimsuits were still nicely hanging in my bathroom or in my drawers at home. @(&%)(@&*#)(Q*)(%*)%(*

So there was no swimming this morning.

I did swim Sunday at Villanova. The given workout was insane. The workout was what they give the college kids. I am not a collegiate swimmer, never was a collegiate swimmer and have no intentions of training like one. Here was the workout:

800 Choice

400 pull
    2 x 200 pull
    4 x 100 pull
    8 x 50 pull

400 free
    2 x 200 free
    4 x 100 free
    8 x 50 free

400 IM
    2 x 200 IM
    4 x 100 IM
    8 x 50 Fly

There was a kick set and something else at the end which needless to say I didn't do.

I did a couple hundred yards, did most of the pull set straight free and part of the free set. Not sure how much I did.

Tonight I'm hitting the gym for some dryland.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  9. I don't even know what to do with myself - 4 days in a row!!

I had a bit of trouble getting up so I was about 10 minutes late.

400 swim
    4 x 100 kick
    (missed the rest of warm-up)

7 x (50 build on 1:30, 50 fast off of the blocs on 1:30, 50 ez on 1:00)

I went all free, fly (except on the ez), all free, fast one back, all free, fast one breast, fast one fly

150 c/d

I LOVED this set!!! I love sprinting it makes me happy. I held decent times, too. Getting practice off of the blocks is part of the reason I'm swimming where I am now. My old pool was all shallow.

I'm a happy little sprinter today. I've got my hour of pilates tonight which makes me too!

Libertyville Meet is 10-25-09
    Swimming
    400 Free
    100 Free
    100 Breast
    50 back

Yeah, you read those events right. I figure it'll be very entertaining for anyone watching 3 of the 4 and maybe even the 4th.

Long Beach Meet is 12-4-09 to 12-6-09
    100 Free Friday
    50 fly & 50 Free Saturday
    100 Fly, 200 Free and 100 IM Sunday

My food intake thus far is enteraing
    Grande Skinny Vanilla Latte
    Special K Chocolate Potein Shake
    Special K Chocolate & Peanut Butter Protein Bar
    Large bowl of Cocoa Puff with skim milk
    Lots of water

I'm having a chocolate craving apparently ...

Lunch will be:
    Turkery sandwich with lots of veggies, cheese and mustard
    Chips
    Apple slices
    Orange Juice (need my vitamin C)

Snack & Dinner later TBD

Updated October 8th, 2009 at 01:28 PM by FlyQueen (Adding food)

Categories
    Uncategorized
  10. 3 days in a row!!!! Wednesday October 7, 2009

300 swim
    200 drill choice
    200 pull (I skipped this)

2 x (450 on 7:00 10 x 50 on :40 3 x 150 pull on 2:10 50 EZ)

I missed the first 450 on the first round. Then made the first 3 x 50 on :40, skipped the 4th and went to 25s fly on the :40, 3 x 150 pull on 2:10. I hate pulling, it is the devil end

The second round I totally miscounted and didn't do a 450 ... not sure what I did maybe a 400? Did 10 x 25 odds free, evens fly with 15m drill. Did the rest.

Did a total of a 100 c/d and have had major lactic acid build up this morning. Definitely needed to cool down more. Oh well!

Taking tonight off since (like I have all this week) to get healthy and save up for the double of swimming/pilates tomorrow. Contemplating an early am run on Friday since I'll be jetting off to visit the bad girls on Saturday.

As of now 6 events for the Long Beach Meet are:
    50/100/200 Free
    50/100 ( ) fly
    100 IM
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  11. GR!

I find it greatly irritating that I am already sick again. For now it's just a sore throat and a bit of a chest cold. So annoying though.

I got into the pool a bit late and didn't swim much since my stroke was feeling crappy and I want to swim the rest of the week and be healthy for more than a couple of days. My plan was to take it easy and I did.

500 free
    5 x 100 kick (I think I did 6)
    6 x 50 1-3 drill/swim, 4-6 descend (there were 10 of these)

Then basically I swam a little bit more trying to figure out why my stroke which has felt awesome now feels like crap. Not a stellar workout. IF my lungs are still functioning and I'm not too tired AND I get out of work at a reasonable hour I'm planning on a 2 mile run when I get home just to enjoy the cold, rainy fall day ...

I did book my flight this morning to go to the Long Beach meet!! Super excited about that! I'm bummed we can only swim 6 events so I'm going to have to figure what I want to do besides the 50/100/200 free and 50 fly ... dare I swim that evil 100 fly again?
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  12. Monday October 5, 2009

I'm finally healthy!!!

I started getting sick Tuesday night and was in bed all day Wednesday and Thursday and should have taken Friday off, too but I didn't. I rested most of Saturday as well.

Saturday morning I did coach and I did a make-up pilates class. I felt fabulous after an hour on the reformer! I'm very excited to have an hour a week devoted to pilates!!! I cannot tell you how good it feels!!!

Anyway ... I was on time to workout this morning!!!

That is a feat in and of itself!

100 swim
    200 IM drill
    300 swim choice
    400 IM drill

12 x 100 kick with fins on 1:30 descend 1-4, 5-8, 9-12

16 x 25 on :30 choice every 3rd fast. I did them all free because while I am healthy and feeling great my lungs are not quite ready for battle. They were fried after the first 4 100s kick when I was trying to 15m on each wall. So I switched over to kicking with a board.

100 swim down

I'm stoked. The goal is to get in on time the next 3 days ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  13. Tuesday September 29, 2009

I did not get to run last night. I got home at 10, showered and got into bed. I did pack up my swim bag and had my leftovers from dinner waiting for me in a bag in the fridge.

I then hit snooze about 4 times this morning and was 20 minutes late getting in ... I swear I'll get this down eventually.

I just did a 200 warm-up and went right into the main set using the first part as warm-up:

5 x 100 swim (free on 1:40 to warm-up)
    5 x 50 kick (with fins on :50)
    4 x 100 drill/swim (fr, fr, fl, bk)
    4 x 50 kick no fins on 1:10
    3 x 100 descend (1:23, 1:19, 1:15)
    3 x 50 EZ

There was a 2 x 100 something and a 2 x 50 something but I didn't get those in.

Goal for tomorrow dive in by 5:35 ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  14. Monday September 28, 2009

Got out of bed! and left the house pretty much on time. If I had actually put all of my swim stuff into my bag rather than near my bag and packed my lunch rather than mentally thought about a lunch I would have been on time. I dove in a few minutes late.

Warm-up was:
    800 mix-up strokes
    400 IM drill

I did 600 then the 400 IM

I joined in on the last one of:
    3 x 500 free on 7:30 (I was actually told to only do one - gotta love when your coach realizes you are a sprinter and doesn't try to kill you)

I went a 6:49

12 x 50 pull - I was told to them kick on :55
    Descend 1-4, 5-8 and 9-12

100 EZ

Not too bad for not swimming much in 3 weeks. I am really trying to work on getting into the pool on time so I can get all of the sets in.

My plans for working out in the evening this week are up for grabs. I've got dinner plans tonight, coaching tomorrow, dinner plans Wednesday night, parent night Thursday night and dinner plans Friday night - I'm a busy girl this week.

Dinner tonight should be late enough that I can get a run in - but the work is piling up so I might not get out of here in time. We shall see.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  15. Sunday September 27, 2009

The beauty of blogging my workouts is that I can see how long it's been since I did certain things. It's been too long since I ran.

I ran about 3 miles today. I spent most of it cursing myself for not running more in the last couple of weeks. My legs were not happy but it was more that my lungs hurt that was the problem.

I am planning on swimming tomorrow morning and suffering through another run tomorrow night.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  16. Thursday September 24, 2009 easy workout and a plan!

Well next week is the week I really get back to kicking my butt back into shape. I did finally get up this morning after several nights of crashing well before 10.

I got up a couple of minutes later than I should have remembered I had stuff I needed in the dryer, couldn't find the shoes I wanted, needed to check my email real quick, and so on and so on. Usually I roll out of bed and am out the door in 5 minutes or less.

I started my car and realized I had no gas ... needless to say I dove in nearly 20 minutes late for an hour workout ... not good. Thus starting to really train next week.

There was a long warm-up that I picked some pieces of. I did something along the lines of:
    200 swim
    100 swim (50 back/50 free)
    200 kick

Then I began the main set which was:

8 x 75 on 1:20 - choice
    4 x 75 (50 drill/25 swim)
    8 x 75 on 1:20 - choice
    4 x 75 kick

I did 4 of the first 8 75s because I am a moron. I did the next 4 free/fly/free/fly. I did the next 8 and then cooled down.

Next week when I get up early all 4 days and get into the pool on time and swim the whole workout is going to kick my butt.

In theory I am beginning a multi-week pilates class tonight. It is basically a small private lesson. There are 3 of us and it is all on the reformer. I forgot to sign up a couple of weeks ago so I'm not sure whether or not my spot is still available. I hope the program coordinator gets back to me in time for me to know what to do.

My next week should like this:

Sunday - bike or swim
    Monday - Swim AM/Run PM
    Tuesday - Swim
    Wednesday - Swim AM/Run PM
    Thursday - Swim (no pilates due to work conflict)
    Friday - off
    Saturday - Swim OR Run?

Upcoming Meets (Inspired by Ande)
    SCM in IL 10/25/09 events: considering - 400 FR, 50 FR, 100 Free, 50 Fly and if I feel like dying 200IM ... we shall see

SCM in Indy 10/31 & 11/01 no idea about events yet

Possible Meets
    Ron Johnson SCM Meet in Phoenix, AZ 11/21 & 11/22
    OR Louisville, KY SCM same dates

Long Beach SCM Meet 12/4-12/6
    OR Chicago, IL SCM same dates

Updated September 24th, 2009 at 01:23 PM by FlyQueen (Updating Meet Schedule)

Categories
    Uncategorized
  17. Takin' it easy today

Well my week off of swimming is over. Convention is over and it's back to the real world.

I had lots of trouble getting out of bed this morning. I didn't sleep much while at convention and got totally off of my schedule. I am thrilled that I got out of bed and into the car. I was falling asleep driving

I dove in late ...
    200 swim
    200 kick
    200 IM Drill
    200 Pull

They did some sort of set of 50s IM order drill/swim ... I was still warming up

12 x 75 (4 @ 1:30, 4 @ 1:20, 4 @ 1:10) I missed the first 4 and did the last eight. Felt good for the first few.

I did a 100 ez and got out. I've got some muscle fatigue going on and feeling rather ... sitting around and being lazy does not agree with me ...

I have no intentions of running tonight since I plan on working late. I'm exhausted and need to rest up for the week (and weekend ahead!).

Updated September 23rd, 2009 at 05:27 PM by FlyQueen

Categories
    Uncategorized
  18. Thoughts and hopefully a workout plan ...

We don't have practice this week. It's our "week off". This has allowed me to get more sleep but also to be lazy. I've been really irritable this week I'm thinking it's because I haven't been swimming. I've also been more tired during the day, I think because of lack of lack of exercise. Since last Thursday I've worked out once. UGH!!!

I'd love to get a run in today but I've got two appointments after school and a bunch of running around to do to get ready for convention tomorrow. So if I did get a run in it'd be at 9:30 and without dinner so ... I'm PLANNING on getting up early and going. Maybe I'll be both more awake and less cranky if I do.

As for during convention I have no workouts planned. We shall see.

End rant/whining/
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  19. At least I did something today

I took 3 days off ... UGH!

Ran 4 today and felt pretty good. No swimming this week but hopefully I'll get a few runs in.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  20. :(

I woke-up when my alarm went off. I got up to brush my teeth and what not and my shoulder was very achy. I decided this was a sign and went back to bed.

I got to work late for me because I couldn't get out of bed. I'm still here early by work standards but I typically get here earlier.

I'm going to try and get in some dryland tonight before coaching but I have an appointment so it might be tough. I am exhausted right now. I'm also still a bit cranky. I'm having an Eeyore day.

Tomorrow is exercise free. Saturday I'm not sure where I'll fit it in. Sunday I should be able to get something in.

Updated September 10th, 2009 at 01:17 PM by FlyQueen (Because I cannot type due to exhaustion ;))

Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast