Blog Comments

6 events is plenty! I would swim that first 100 free -- lots of time before 50 breast. I signed up for 6 events, but will feel no guilt if I only swim 4. Mine aren't very well spaced out. I wish they would have breaks on the women's side of the pool so we'd have as much rest as the men. I think 100 back and 50 fly are too close; 100 back is bloody exhausting.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    Yes, it's an extra 75 or 150. I usually do EZ free or back kick, sometimes use a kick board for a 50 to catch my breath. I literally just recover/float. I prefer this to sitting on the wall and it passes the time until I feel ready to go again.

I will see you at zones! What events are you doing?
    It seems a 150 is a lot of back and forth in the pool. I've gone back to bobbing. I'm so tired all the time I can barely even muster the up and downess of easy recovery swim. Plus bobbing is quite practical for crossover USA meets where can't do much in the cramped 2 lane warm up/down except bob anyway.

I entered 4 x 50's!!! I'm pretty sure I entered with strong times, maybe last season's best. Looking foward to fast racing!!!
    100 IM and all strokes except breast. Plan B hang on!
    Will try to hit at least 6 events. Would feel too guilty doing only 4! Probably scratch the first 100 free - if I suspect I have to take a nap after that event, then i'm too tired to swim it.

Can't wait to see you and the other Colonies zonies!
    Quote Originally Posted by StewartACarroll
    Get well soon. I literally feel your pain.
    Thanks Stewart. You too. I guess this is just a easy time of year to get sick ... And now it's about to be allergy season.
    Get well soon. I literally feel your pain.
    Quote Originally Posted by chowmi
    Hi Fort! When you reference the "+75 ez" or "+150 Ez", does that mean an additional 75 or 150 to the fast 25 or 50 respectively? And when you go "ez" is that more like recovery/float, smooth, or moderate? and last, what stroke is Ez? always free, or the stroke you were doing, like breast, flutter kick, dolphin kick? inquiring minds want to know!
    Yes, it's an extra 75 or 150. I usually do EZ free or back kick, sometimes use a kick board for a 50 to catch my breath. I literally just recover/float. I prefer this to sitting on the wall and it passes the time until I feel ready to go again.

I will see you at zones! What events are you doing?
    Hi Fort! When you reference the "+75 ez" or "+150 Ez", does that mean an additional 75 or 150 to the fast 25 or 50 respectively? And when you go "ez" is that more like recovery/float, smooth, or moderate? and last, what stroke is Ez? always free, or the stroke you were doing, like breast, flutter kick, dolphin kick? inquiring minds want to know!
    Those are great times.

I am looking forward to swimming with you at Nationals. We have 20 people registered including Brigitte Heuer. She just registered. I don't get people leaving registration to the last minute.
    There were a ton of last minute registrations. 4-500 more people had registered between Friday when I left and Monday when I got home.

Good news about Brigitte!
    Those are great times.

I am looking forward to swimming with you at Nationals. We have 20 people registered including Brigitte Heuer. She just registered. I don't get people leaving registration to the last minute.
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    Execution issues aside, the back and fly sound very good. I am really surprised you even got on the blocks for the breaststroke - I am starting to question myself now doing back-to-back events with that short rest!
    You'll likely be just fine. In fact, it may act as a good warm up for your next event. Tougher for aging sprinters to do it. For some reason, the 50 back tires me out more than the other 50s, probably because it's so leg intensive. I think my outlook on the meet might well have been different if I had just taken another stroke.
    Execution issues aside, the back and fly sound very good. I am really surprised you even got on the blocks for the breaststroke - I am starting to question myself now doing back-to-back events with that short rest!
    Good luck.
    Just now you have started using the lacrosse ball!?!? Congratulations! Especially for the small muscles around the shoulders and shoulder blades, it is the best (and most portable) self-massage device. I have one of those curved sticks too but the "pinkie ball" is much better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazz Hands
    I do 50 free with fins from a push in 21, so yeah I think 22 is pretty good...
    I probably get more of a boost from fins than you bc I stay UW pretty long. My free is feeling pretty solid. If only my fly was ... fly is just not bouncing back at all ... still feels clunky.
    I do 50 free with fins from a push in 21, so yeah I think 22 is pretty good...
    Rest or not, the 45+ mixed relay will be fast and a lot of fun! Can't wait to see you guys tear it up.
    I was talking about rest for zones. The only lack of rest I see at nationals is on the third day with the mixed medley relay and 50 fly back to back. I will probably only have a couple heats rest. Do you know if they swim relays by age group or by time? I should check.
    Rest or not, the 45+ mixed relay will be fast and a lot of fun! Can't wait to see you guys tear it up.
    No one leaves early in this class ... Next time, I'm going to put my mat near the exit door so I can slip out without a lecture.
    Updated March 9th, 2015 at 10:30 AM by The Fortress
    Ha, d'accord on Shavasana. Roll up the mat and slip out!
    I didn't know what Shavasana was so I looked it up. It looks like lying down.
    I'm stealing your workout for tomorrow morning, though I'm sure there won't be any 11s unless I stop in the middle of the pool.
Page 1 of 857 123451151101501 ... LastLast