Blog Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Water Rat
    you have been hitting the sprint work hard lately. i'm not surprised you pooped out today.
    I'm sore from weights too. I should have been smarter and scheduled a massage!
    you have been hitting the sprint work hard lately. i'm not surprised you pooped out today.
    I don't recall exactly but I would estimate the actual racing time (excluding warmups) was in the 4-5 hour range easily. It's over two days and they separate men from women. all in one pool.
    Which isn't really all that much with the distance events first ...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    Do you remember how long the days lasted at the Rowdy meet?
    I don't recall exactly but I would estimate the actual racing time (excluding warmups) was in the 4-5 hour range easily. It's over two days and they separate men from women. all in one pool.
    Enjoy the Rowdy meet. I won't get there (again) this year; I'm waiting for the year when it falls at the start of my kids' fall break so I can convince the family to do a vacay in Florida after the meet.
    I like the Rowdy meet. two full days. plenty of time between events, especially if one tends to scratch events.
    just reading your workout yesterday made me exhausted
    Do you remember how long the days lasted at the Rowdy meet?
    I like the Rowdy meet. two full days. plenty of time between events, especially if one tends to scratch events.
    just reading your workout yesterday made me exhausted
    I didn't make it there last summer and now I sort of default to going to Pitt (though I won't have that option for a few weeks in August). It is pretty far from me too. I've heard conflicting things on the depth question. As long as it's not 3-4 feet ... See you in November hopefully!
    Have you not been to North Park? It is pretty cool by my standards, and pretty close to where I visit when I visit PGH. Be warned, however: My standards are partly historic; it is (I think) a WPA facility. IIRC, it is not super-deep anywhere.

I am planning a visit to your vicinity in mid-November, before Thanksgiving. Hope I will connect with you and Water Rat at Pitt and maybe elsewhere besides.
    Quote Originally Posted by StewartACarroll
    This is an outside looking in observation; that year went really quick. You will have an awesome year now that you are settled. I know it was a stressful year but you are over the hump and I for one am looking forward to seeing another one of those incredible 50 fly's in San Antonio next spring.
    Thanks Stewart. It was a rough year, but things are more settled now and Lil Fort better adjusted. Oddly, the 50 fly was one of the only bright spots, swimming wise, this year. I am really looking forward to seeing how you do at Worlds. You've had a great year of training!
    This is an outside looking in observation; that year went really quick. You will have an awesome year now that you are settled. I know it was a stressful year but you are over the hump and I for one am looking forward to seeing another one of those incredible 50 fly's in San Antonio next spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial
    You seem to be putting in a lot more yardage lately. Is there a method to your madness?
    I'm trying to do a little more aerobic work than usual this summer. I'm generally in terrible aerobic shape. I'll switch back more to speed in September. I'll never put up the yardage you do!
    You seem to be putting in a lot more yardage lately. Is there a method to your madness?
    Quote Originally Posted by swimmieAvsFan
    Glad to hear there's not another tear for Teen Fort!

And didn't I try to tell you that you'd be okay for a 50 or two, even after a couple of weeks in Europe?
    You did, but I'm skairt of long course! I always die on 50s. And I haven't done any sprint conditioning work yet ...
    Updated July 21st, 2014 at 08:56 PM by The Fortress
    Glad to hear there's not another tear for Teen Fort!

And didn't I try to tell you that you'd be okay for a 50 or two, even after a couple of weeks in Europe?
    Quote Originally Posted by __steve__
    Been swimming OW for 12 days ( because pool isn't available). Swimming in the wild, I keep thinking of sharks, and with this heightened sensory I get spooked over anything. Did accomplish a few adrenal gland sprints this way, but with a crash. The legs certainly felt it afterwards.
    12 days of that stuff?! Too bad there's not another pool. I think I'd be cross training if that were my only option. I'm pondering whether I will swim in the ocean when we go to NC in August ... I'm always slightly creeped out being out there with only a few surfers.
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    5K is impressive, no matter how you break it up. Nice workout.
    Thanks Patrick! We'll see if the body adjusts to higher yardage.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    open water. Feels creepy.
    Been swimming OW for 12 days ( because pool isn't available). Swimming in the wild, I keep thinking of sharks, and with this heightened sensory I get spooked over anything. Did accomplish a few adrenal gland sprints this way, but with a crash. The legs certainly felt it afterwards.
    5K is impressive, no matter how you break it up. Nice workout.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karl_S
    Good grief, will we be seeing you in the animal lane soon?
    Nice workout actually. I predict you feel that one tomorrow!
    No! You did notice that I broke it up into four main sets, none of which were really classic short rest -- still did sprint, race pace, hypoxic and what I think of as quality aerobic. I did 4000 the day before too. Hope I'm not disabled tomorrow. I plan to sleep in!
Page 1 of 845 123451151101501 ... LastLast