Blog Comments

Quote Originally Posted by SunaFish
    Leslie, you swam very well considering the conditions you were up against. I'm happy you enjoyed the comradery of your swimming friends and in the end isn't that is why we keep doing this? You are a BAD ASS so don't let the TURKEYS get you down!!!!!
    From one bad ass to another! Hope to see you at a meet this summer, my friend. Congrats on your fast swims.

Exceedingly Bizarro wild turkeys are contra-indicated for swim meet fun.
    Leslie, you swam very well considering the conditions you were up against. I'm happy you enjoyed the comradery of your swimming friends and in the end isn't that is why we keep doing this? You are a BAD ASS so don't let the TURKEYS get you down!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    Glad I was able to finally see you and catch up on Sunday - though I had seen many of your swims, it was more fun to talk with you. I'm sorry that the weekend didn't turn out as well as you would've liked; hopefully, your lungs will be free and clear up in the Great White North.
    I felt like a midget standing between you and Stewart! Congrats again on the great 1000 and 400 IM. The family reunion sounded really lovely too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sojerz
    Nice swims Leslie. Hopefully the allergies and asthma let up soon and before heading north. I've been afraid to try a dolphin kick in br pull out, because i would easily forget and do more than one. Great 100 br, how did you split it? 50 frees were great too.
    I hope they let up soon too. It's like having a freaking disability ...

It's very easy to double dolphin in breaststroke. And breaststroke has the most DQs of any stroke. I like to do the dolphin kick while in a streamline before pulling down bc it's faster. However, it is difficult to pull down hard and not undulate somewhat. You have to stay super tight, and it's easy to screw up. I know quite a few people who just do the dolphin kick during the pulldown bc, even if slower, it negates the risk of undulation later.

My splits on the 100 breast were 34.7 and 39.0, so about 4 seconds apart. That's decent splitting for a race involving open turns, for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by rxleakem
    Great job, Fort! I was able to watch some video of your races - that 100 breast was a beauty. Happy that you made it and were able to spend time with friends.
    Thanks Mike! Yes, it was a close race and nice to come out on top. And it's always good to see swim friends.
    Quote Originally Posted by jim thornton
    Great meet, Leslie. Excellent blog, too, though you judge yourself (as all the great ones do!) too harshly. Good luck at Canadian Nationals!
    Thanks son. Eh, I've done better times on less rest. I was just a bit discombobulated all weekend. I think it's hard to maintain mental focus if you're not feeling that well.
    Quote Originally Posted by __steve__
    I watched the 50 back you swam, it was awesome!

Just curious, do you peak forward prior to the fr turn or do you rely solely on the bottom mark?
    Thanks Steve. I always look. But the markings at GAC were different than usual -- just the straight line instead of a T. Maybe that's what gave us fits on our turns.
    Glad I was able to finally see you and catch up on Sunday - though I had seen many of your swims, it was more fun to talk with you. I'm sorry that the weekend didn't turn out as well as you would've liked; hopefully, your lungs will be free and clear up in the Great White North.
    Nice swims Leslie. Hopefully the allergies and asthma let up soon and before heading north. I've been afraid to try a dolphin kick in br pull out, because i would easily forget and do more than one. Great 100 br, how did you split it? 50 frees were great too.
    Great job, Fort! I was able to watch some video of your races - that 100 breast was a beauty. Happy that you made it and were able to spend time with friends.
    Great meet, Leslie. Excellent blog, too, though you judge yourself (as all the great ones do!) too harshly. Good luck at Canadian Nationals!
    I watched the 50 back you swam, it was awesome!

Just curious, do you peak forward prior to the fr turn or do you rely solely on the bottom mark?
    Updated May 2nd, 2016 at 05:32 PM by __steve__
    Good luck, Fort and have a great time!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sojerz
    Enjoy, swim fast, and safe travels.
    Thanks Bill. Friends, fun, fast -- in that order!
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedo
    Good luck in Gboro- said cat has bags packed and is waiting for you on the sidewalk.
    Wish you could be there with us! Miss you!
    Enjoy, swim fast, and safe travels.
    Good luck in Gboro- said cat has bags packed and is waiting for you on the sidewalk.
    Quote Originally Posted by __steve__
    Do you fully eradicate all dryland activity on a taper like this as your blog suggests (Apr 18 - last record), or do you still engage in some dryland stuff, just very lightly?
    I just dropped drylands entirely. I usually don't even taper drylands, but I did a bit (the last two sessions) this time. For a full taper, I drop everything three weeks out. It takes a long time to rest the legs. I'm not sure my method is ideal, but it seems to have worked for me in the past. I know guys that drops drylands 4-5 weeks out.
    Do you fully eradicate all dryland activity on a taper like this as your blog suggests (Apr 18 - last record), or do you still engage in some dryland stuff, just very lightly?
    I swim my best in 85F. 🏊
    But that would be cruel for anything longer than a 100
Page 1 of 885 123451151101501 ... LastLast