View RSS Feed

Swim Workouts

1. Aerobicizing, Monday, Dec. 19

by , December 19th, 2011 at 05:16 PM (The FAF AFAP Digest)
    Bike, 40 minutes

-- Felt much easier today than yesterday.

Swim/SCY/Solo:

600 various

8 x 50 fly drills

20 x 100 w/fins @ 1:30
    --just cruised

5 flutter kick w/board (keep under 1:15, legs felt that last 2 days of biking)
    5 free (1:09-10)
    5 backstroke kick (1:12-13)
    5 free (1:09-10)

50 EZ

Total: 3050

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Only had 50 minutes to swim so did, for me, a short rest main set. I haven't felt like going fast yet anyway, so this was fine. Though it felt rather odd. Even the noodlers commented that I was doing a short workout!

Updated December 19th, 2011 at 06:45 PM by The Fortress

Categories
    Swim Workouts , Spinning
  2. Sat., Dec. 17

by , December 17th, 2011 at 05:04 PM (The FAF AFAP Digest)
    Swim/SCY/Solo:

600 various

8 x (4 x 50)
    8 fly drills
    8 25 shooter + 25 nubber drill
    8 breast w/wiffle ball*
    8 free, kickoff back on turn**
    50 EZ

* This was amusing. It took a few 50s to even get the hang of this drill. I wish there was a rubber band attached to the ball. Still, with my head down further, I got into a streamline more quickly.
    ** Bad breakouts. It'll take awhile to figure out exactly when to start spinning around.

5 x smooth 200 IM w/fins @ 3:15
    -- drilled fly
    100 EZ

Total: 3350

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just another easy workout. But I enjoy drills and technique work.

I woke up this morning with a very swollen ankle despite icing last night. Guess I sprained it ... At least I have the ankle brace from the last time I sprained it. This poses somewhat of a training dilemma. I had intended to focus on lower body work at the gym, but the ankle may restrict some of that. And I can't exactly kick hard with it either. Or do one legged yoga poses. I don't feel like doing much intensity right now anyway. Guess I'll have to be creative for a bit.

Off to another high school swim meet, which means I'll be on and not off my feet. Teen Fort won the 200 IM and 100 breast last night after a week sick with the flu. Despite looking just like me, she's such a different swimmer -- all short axis, no SDK and a slower turnover. Funny how that works.
    Categories
    Swim Workouts
  3. Thursday, Dec. 15

by , December 15th, 2011 at 04:00 PM (The FAF AFAP Digest)
    Drylands:

RC exercises
    (even these bother my elbows)
    leg press, 270 x 3 x 12
    abductor legs, 100 x 3 x 12
    extreme angle steps ups (no DBs), 2 x 20
    extreme angle iso squat, 3:00
    lower back machine, 110 x 3 x 20

russian twists on incline, 25 x 2 x 25
    reverse scoops w/plate, 25 x 2 x 10
    flutter kick on bosu, 2 x 100
    long arm crunches, 2 x 50
    bicycles, 2 x 50
    captains chair leg raises, 2 x 15

15 minutes stretching

~~~~~ shopping interlude ~~~~~~~

Swim/SCY/Solo:

600 various

8 x 50 fly drills
    odds = caterpillar
    evens = single arm

20 x 50 shooters w/MF
    10 back 10 belly
    perfect streamlines

4 x (8 x 50s)
    :30 between rounds
    8 x dolphin kick w/board & MF @ :50
    -- hold under :35
    8 x breast w/MF with long pullouts @ 1:10
    -- Note to self: keep elbows closer to body on recovery
    8 x flutter kick w/board & fins @ :50
    -- hold under :35
    8 x 50 free w/nose clip kicking on back off turn @ whatever

100 EZ

Total: 3200

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Took yesterday off. Felt like working out again today. But took it fairly easy at both the gym and pool.

I think Speedo is right about incorporating more dolphin kicks on my 50 free -- more on the start on my belly and on my back off the flip turn. If I want to make this change though, it will require a major overhaul and changing the way I do freestyle in practice. I may have to swim the new style 50s slowly at first and then work up to race pace.

I also need to start googling some rehab exercises for my elbows. I didn't want to start them before NE Champs, but I should now. I also found my tens machine and need to start using that. It's been at least 4 weeks now and I'm wanting healthy elbows again.

I may go to yoga tomorrow. It's been forever!

Fort Son has had the flu on his winter training trip and Teen Fort has been sick all week. I'm really hoping my flu shot works!
  4. Tuesday, Dec. 13

by , December 13th, 2011 at 05:31 PM (The FAF AFAP Digest)
    Swim/SCY/Solo:

600 various

10 x 50 fly drills

20 x 25 shooters w/fins
    10 back, 10 belly

6 x 100 flutter kick w/board

16 x 50
    4 chest press fly
    4 single arm back
    4 breast w/long pullouts
    4 smooth free

50 EZ

Total: 2650

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just did an easy recovery workout today. Unlike many folks who feel great in workout after a travel/taper meet, I never do. I'm always spent and sore, and it takes me a few days to fully recover. I'm very busy with holiday things, so I probably won't worry too much about training this week. Besides, it helps to have a mental break after so much focus.

NE Champs was definitely my best meet of the year after the Albatross meet last March. Though I did a shorter taper than usual, I tapered harder. My last hard 50 was 11 days before the meet; I did just did a few fast 15s and 25s after that. It seemed to work -- I had plenty of raw speed. I didn't do much lactate work this fall (had those 2 illnesses), and I need to change that to improve the last length of my 100s. I saw that my 100 IM spits were 32.0/39.9. Unfortunately, that is fairly typical for me. I don't feel like I have the luxury of taking it out much easier.

I not sure when my next meet will be. I am considering swimming in the USAS Jan. Open on Saturday, but I hate the pool.
    Categories
    Swim Workouts
  5. Thursday, Dec. 8

by , December 8th, 2011 at 05:26 PM (The FAF AFAP Digest)
    Swim/SCY/Solo:

Swam around 1200-1300 yards easy

ART, 30 minutes

Felt pretty good today. I will probably take tomorrow off or do another easy swim. Heading out in the afternoon. Need to pack!

I haven't thought overly much about goal times for this meet. I'd be thrilled to nail a couple starts and swim around the times I did last year. I'm swimming the same events with the exception of the 100 IM instead of 100 back (no 50 back either). I seem to rarely swim the 100 IM at taper meets because it often conflicts with fly/back events. I last swam the 100 IM on a few days rest last March and went a 1:04.3. Using the GB converter (which occasionally gives odd results), that would convert to 1:12.4. I'd like to go faster than that eventually, but this may not be the meet. I would definitely take that time based on the event rankings and LB results.

After a lot of icing and ART, my elbows feel somewhat better.

As usual, this is not the best weekend to be gone. I'm missing swim meets, races, and various holiday parties and gatherings. And I'm not remotely done shopping!

Updated December 8th, 2011 at 07:10 PM by The Fortress

Categories
    Swim Workouts , ART
  6. Wed., Dec. 7

by , December 7th, 2011 at 04:57 PM (The FAF AFAP Digest)
    Swim/SCY/Solo:

600 various

6 x 50 fly drills

4 x 50
    25 easy speed fly + 25 EZ

3 x 50 burst + cruise
    -- all dolphin kick bursts
    50 EZ

1 x 25 AFAP free

175 easy

Total: 1500

I may have one jitter. Or, I may just be paranoid about traffic and yelling in my head at drivers today. And all this icing is cutting into my stretching time. Really hoping to have time for both tonight.

Weekly roundup by Swim Science --
    some good blurbs here --
    http://www.swimmingscience.net/2011/...-round-up.html

Timeline for NE Champs:
    https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&p...iYzcw&hl=en_US.
    -- I'm still undecided on when is the best time to swim the 50 free: Saturday and be forced to do 4 events or Sunday with only 20 minutes rest listed between the start times of the 50 fly and 100 free. I'm in the final heat of the 50 fly, but there may 8 heats of 100 free before me.
    Categories
    Swim Workouts
  7. Tuesday, Dec. 6, 2010

by , December 6th, 2011 at 07:00 PM (The FAF AFAP Digest)
    Swim/SCY/Solo:

600 various

8 x 50 fly drill

16 x 25 shooters w/fins
    4 back, 12 belly
    50 EZ

3 x 50 burst + cruise
    all kick w/board

150 EZ

Total: 1750

Still no taper jitters. I did drop an F bomb or two today though. After starving myself this am to get blood work, I got backed into by a senior citizen. He had pulled out into the road when he shouldn't have and began backing up without even looking. Because he couldn't hear, he didn't hear my frantic honking. And then after banging into the front of my car, he started driving off. He finally stopped when I went racing down the sidewalk waving my hands and trying to get his license plate. If someone can't hear and can't turn their neck to look when backing up, that seems like a real problem. http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/...s-usat1a_N.htm

I must confess that I haven't done any RC exercises since I stopped lifting. Usually this means sore shoulders during taper, but I seem fine this time. Or maybe I'm just distracted by the elbows, which are no better.

I'm very jealous of Fort Son. He's headed to Austin TX tomorrow for a team training trip. Thankfully, I'll still have a couple weeks with him afterward before he heads back to school.
    Categories
    Swim Workouts
  8. Monday, Dec. 5

by , December 5th, 2011 at 04:57 PM (The FAF AFAP Digest)
    Swim/SCY/Solo:

Just floated around and did a few bursts in between chatting with Speedo about training, the art of tapering, etc.

600 various

8 x 50 fly drills

8 x 25 shooters
    50 EZ

8 x 25 no breather free
    50 EZ

3 x 50 burst + cruise
    50 EZ

3 x 50 burst + cruise
    100 EZ

Total: 1850

Got a massage after this wee practice. Still feeling completely blah with no taper hyperness or mind running amuk whatsoever. (Have to go to the lab tomorrow for blood work. All this blah-ness makes me slightly worried about the thyroid.) I did check my blog and didn't seem to have any jitters until several days before NE Champs last year. Hopefully, by the end of the week, I will want to rip someone's head off. But if not, I won't fret about it as I've done a shorter taper than usual.

Psych sheets for NE Champs are out:
    https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&p...4Zjgw&hl=en_US.

-- Looks like only one end lane! Too bad it's in the event I care about most. I don't think I have enough time between the 100 fly and 50 free on Sat. I'll play it by ear. If I'm still too tired, I'll rest up for the 50 breast and do the 50 free as a split in the 100 on Saturday.

-- How in the world am I seeded 2nd in the 100 fly? Where are all the fast youngins? Did they all go to Long Beach?

Updated December 5th, 2011 at 05:43 PM by The Fortress

Categories
    Swim Workouts
  9. Sunday, Dec. 4

by , December 4th, 2011 at 07:54 PM (The FAF AFAP Digest)
    Swim/SCY/Solo:

600 various

8 x 50 fly drills

8 x 25 shooters
    4 back, 4 belly
    50 EZ

3 x 50 burst + cruise
    50 EZ

2 x (25 AFAP + 75 EZ)
    1 free, 1 flutter kick
    100 EZ

Total: 1750

Continuing with the rest ... I felt a little lighter in the water today, but not so great when I tried to sprint. No jitters at all, but then those don't usually hit until the 3rd week of tapering. So perhaps they won't even arrive this time with my shorter taper. And my family will be happier, I'm sure

Missed swimming in the Last Chance meet with all my PV friends. But it was probably just as well with NE Champs this weekend. Speedo threw down some very fast sprints. I'm waiting to see and read about the rest of the results.
    Categories
    Swim Workouts
  10. Friday, Dec. 2

by , December 2nd, 2011 at 09:32 PM (The FAF AFAP Digest)
    1200 m. easy in hot gym pool.

Other than that, on my feet or in car since 10:45 am.

Shortest blog ever. Break over at HS meet.
    Categories
    Swim Workouts
  11. Thursday, Dec. 1

by , December 1st, 2011 at 04:39 PM (The FAF AFAP Digest)
    Chatted with Speedo through the following swim:

Swim/SCY @ OakMarr:

600 various

4 x (4 x 50) @ 1:00 or whatever between chats

50 EZ

4 x 50 burst + cruise
    3 dolphin kick on belly, 1 free

50 EZ

2 x (25 fast + 75 EZ)
    1 free @ 100 pace, 1 AFAP flutter kick w/board & fins

100 EZ

Total: 2000

After a few days rest, I don't feel even remotely rested. I may just do meet warm ups and very slow swimming until NE Champs with the exemption of the LC meet. With Lil Fort's USAS meet and Teen Fort's HS meet on Friday and Saturday, I'm going to be on my feet a lot before Sunday. I have a feeling I may need to re-do my LC meet 50 free at NE Champs. Though there is no good time to swim it there either.

There doesn't look like there's nearly as many people signed up for NE Champs as last year, with only 2 days left to register.

Off to ice the cranky elbows!

Updated December 1st, 2011 at 07:53 PM by The Fortress

Categories
    Swim Workouts
  12. Wed., Nov. 30

by , November 30th, 2011 at 04:52 PM (The FAF AFAP Digest)
    I got to the pool this afternoon and it was closed! Argh! I had just enough time to get to my gym pool, but the temp was 87. That pretty much prohibits doing anything useful. So I just did a mostly stretch out swim with a few bursts.

Swim/SCM/Solo:

400 various

10 x 50 fly drills
    caterpillar @ 1:15
    single arm @ 1:00

10 x 25 shooters w/fins on belly

50 dolphin dive

10 x 25 @ 1:00
    odds = burst dolphin kick on belly
    evens = free no breather

50 dolphin dive

10 x 50 cruise w/fins @ 1:00
    odds = back
    evens = back easy

50 EZ

Total: 2050 meters

Yoga/Stretching, 30 minutes

I was planning on getting a new suit for NE Champs, but I think I'll just wear an old Speedo. Instead, I plan to pre-order the new Speedo FS3. http://www.speedousa.com/home/index.jsp. The goggles do look crazy, but I'm certainly prepared to try them.

http://www.goldmedalmel.typepad.com/...he-future.html
    Categories
    Swim Workouts , Yoga
  13. Breast really is Evil, Tuesday, Nov. 29

by , November 29th, 2011 at 07:33 PM (The FAF AFAP Digest)
    Swim/SCY/Solo:

600 various

10 x 50 fly drills
    odds = caterpillar @ 1:15
    evens = single arm @ 1:00

30 x 25 shooters w/MF @ :40
    10 back, 10 belly, 10 360s

50 EZ

10 x 25 @ :40
    breast pull outs w/MF
    -- got to about 23 yards w/2 kicks

8 x 50
    25 easy speed fly + 25 easy

50 EZ

Total: 2600

ART, 30 minutes

Just did an easy swim today. I think my body needed it, as I've done so much sprinting lately. Unlike most swimmers, I need to decrease speed work while resting, not increase it.

Kinda bad news from my chiro. I told him my elbows and forearms were still bothering me. He said I have mild tendonitis in both elbows, which I suspected. I probably shouldn't have done any upper body lifting, even with the reduced weights as I was using. He also thought that a fast breaststroke pull/recovery was especially irritating to the already inflamed elbow tendons. And I've done a lot of that recently (easier for sighting in a hotel pool for example). No upper body weights until the pain is gone. And no breaststroke at least in practice. It really is evil! I will probably swim my breast events at my meets though. If that sets me back a week or two in the weight room, so be it. I'll just do lower body work for a few weeks after NE Champs.
    Categories
    Swim Workouts , ART
  14. Monday, Nov. 28

by , November 28th, 2011 at 04:41 PM (The FAF AFAP Digest)
    Swim/SCY/Solo:

Warm up:

800 various

Aerobic Sets:

4 x (4 x 50) @ 1:00
    4 single arm fly
    4 single arm back
    4 breast w/dolphin kick @ 1:15*
    4 free

* Whenever I do whip kick, the inside of my left knee hurts slightly. So I don't see the point of doing it other than very infrequently.

50 EZ

4 x (100 broken shooters w/fins on belly + 50 EZ)
    -- :10 second break at each 25
    50 EZ

Speed Sets:

4 x 50 burst 15 m + cruise
    50 EZ

3 x (25 AFAP free w/fins + 75 EZ)
    -- 10s
    50 EZ

1 x 50 AFAP fly w/fins
    -- low to mid 23

100 EZ

Total: 3050

Feel slightly boggy in the water. I suspect this is due partly to the lingering effects of Friday's deep tissue massage. Takes me forever to recover from those things. I will likely to another recovery workout tomorrow.

I can tell I need to stretch, but not sure if I'll get a chance tonight with my hectic schedule. December is a crazy month. Luckily, I do have an ART appt tomorrow.

More on masters doping:
    http://www.goldmedalmel.typepad.com/...ye-on-you.html

Yoga for Q:
    http://www.facebook.com/video/video....50254852607283

Updated November 28th, 2011 at 05:24 PM by The Fortress

Categories
    Swim Workouts
  15. Sunday, Nov. 27

by , November 27th, 2011 at 05:36 PM (The FAF AFAP Digest)
    Warm up:

700 various

16 x 25 shooters w/fins
    8 back, 8 belly

Main Set:

40 x 50 w/fins @ 1:00

8 x 50 single arm fly
    8 x 50 dolphin kick w/board
    8 x 50 breast + 50 EZ
    8 x 50 flutter kick w/board
    8 x 50 free
    -- 4 overkick, 4 easy

Total: 3150

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just wanted to do a recovery workout after traveling home yesterday. I'm a bit tired from travel (got in late) and hotel insomnia, so hoping to catch up on sleep this week.

I don't feel like I lost too much training wise with my jaunt. I did get in 3 speed workouts last week, and probably only missed one aerobic workout on vaca. I'm going to start resting now. I'm not even remotely excited about it. Perhaps only my elbows will be happy.

I also need to get myself signed up for NE Champs. May do that now! Done: 100 IM, 100 fly, 50 free (maybe), 50 breast, 200 IM (fly split), 50 fly and 100 free. A very rare meet with no backstroke events. I signed up for 100 free (50 split) and 100 breast at the LC meet. If I don't scratch something, which is almost unheard of, I will get in a SCM 50 & 100 of each stroke and the 100 IM -- a masters first for me.

Updated November 27th, 2011 at 06:05 PM by The Fortress

Categories
    Swim Workouts
  16. Friday, Nov. 25

by , November 25th, 2011 at 10:39 PM (The FAF AFAP Digest)
    Hit the hotel pool again today. It was cloudy, so fairly empty!

Warm up/Transition:

4-500

10 x 50
    odds = single arm fly
    evens = breast w/dolphin kick
    50 EZ

10 x 50
    25 dolphin kick shooter on belly (25 kicks) + 25 EZ
    50 EZ

Speed Work:

10 x 40ish burst + ez
    various
    40 EZ

Pyramid 40 frees:
    9 x 40ish
    3-5-7-9-11-9-7-5-3 strokes fast
    40 EZ

8 x (25 AFAP + 50 EZ)
    4 breast, 4 free
    50 EZ

Total: 3100 ish (?)

Pretty good workout for a hotel pool! I missed my fins though. Not looking forward to returning to the cold weather tomorrow.
    Categories
    Swim Workouts
  17. Thursday, Nov. 24

by , November 24th, 2011 at 05:51 PM (The FAF AFAP Digest)
    Drylands:

back extension machine, 110 x 3 x 15
    leg press, 210 x 3 x 10
    leg extension, 70 x 3 x 10
    lat pull down, 90 x 3 x 10
    DB row, 30 x 3 x 10 each arm
    captains chair, 3 x 15
    flutter kick on bosu, 2 x 100
    bicycles, 2 x 50
    long arm crunches, 50

-- speed lifting
    -- I almost never use 10 reps, but it seems like the right # for speed lifting.

Swim in Big Pool @ Fontainbleau:

warm up, idk how much

10 x "40" single arm fly
    40 EZ

10 x 40 breast (with a real whip kick)
    40 EZ

10 x 15 burst dolphin kick only belly + 15 easy
    80 dolphin dive

10 x 15 burst (various) + 15 easy
    80 dolphin dive

10 x 15 burst + 15 easy
    odds = underwater flutter kick
    evens = free
    80 dolphin dive

-- I am just estimating that I was swimming 15 and 20 yards for these. Had to dodge kids and adults for some of it, but the pool wasn't too crowded. No lap pools here of course. Bursts seemed like the easiest thing to do.

Had a smashing deep tissue massage later. And now am heading out to see Descendants with Teen Fort. Not a single sighting of turkey or other Thansksgiving accoutrements! Hope everyone is enjoying their day!

Teen Fort is also on the lookout for an Entourage star who is rumored to be staying here and using the gym.
  18. Tuesday, Nov. 22

by , November 22nd, 2011 at 09:35 PM (The FAF AFAP Digest)
    Swim/SCY/Solo:

Warm up:

600 various

10 x 50 w/paddles
    odds = single arm fly @ 1:00
    evens = free @ :50

Speed Sets:

12 x 25 bursts @ 1:00
    various -- kick, speed drills, swim

50 EZ

6 x (25 AFAP + 75 EZ) @ 3:00
    1 = flutter kick w/board & fins, 10
    2 = dolphin kick w/board & fins, 10
    3 = dolphin kick dive off side, 12
    (stupid, looking at the clock only made me practice a bad start)
    4 = free w/fins, 10
    5 = free w/fins, 10
    6 = dolphin kick on back w/fins, 9

50 EZ

2 x (50 AFAP fly w/fins + 100 EZ)
    -- went 23 mids

50 EZ

Total: 2450

Only had an hour or so to get in a quick speed workout, but made the most of it.

The flight to Miami was a breeze! No lines at Dulles (how could this be?) Had a lovely dinner (albeit with some gluttening) and a long soak in the hottub after making spa appointments with Teen Fort. Looking forward to a sunny day tomorrow.
    Categories
    Swim Workouts
  19. Monday, Nov. 21

by , November 21st, 2011 at 05:24 PM (The FAF AFAP Digest)
    Drylands:

RC exercises
    HS hi row, 110 x 3 x 10
    goblet squats, 30 x 3 x 10
    leg press, 210 x 3 x 10
    deadlifts, 75 x 3 x 10
    triceps press, 40 x 3 x 10

russian twist on incline w/plate, 25 x 2 x 25
    flutter kick son bosu, 100
    knee tuck jumps, 2 x 10
    altitude drops, 10
    med ball slamming, 5:00

Swim/SCY/Solo:

600 various

20 x 25 shooters w/ MF
    - 8 back, 8 belly, 4 360s

3 x 100 kick dolphin kick on back w/MF @ 1:30
    (shooter first length)
    3 x 50 caterpillar drill
    3 x 50 single arm fly
    3 x 100 breast w/MF @ 1:45

50 EZ

5 x
    4 x 25 easy speed fly w/fins @ noodler interval
    25 EZ

100 EZ

Total: 2750

I was completely booked yesterday and didn't train. Today, I dropped weight and did speed lifting at the gym. My elbows are still bothering me. I may just knock off upper body weights if they don't improve in a couple days. Then immediately hit the pool for a hypoxic/aerobic workout. I wanted to do a bit more and thought I had another 15 minutes. But I was kicked out by the HS kids who seemed enamored with my MF.

I'm leaving with Teen Fort in the early afternoon tomorrow. The weather forecast looks good! I will try to get to the pool in the am to do some blasto bursts and 25s. I should also probably get myself registered for NE Champs tonight.

Had a great chat with Fort Son yesterday. He said his coach assigned him to post the freshman rowing workouts for Thanksgiving break. All freshman are supposed to do "at least 50% of his workouts." Fort Son is probably the smallest rower on the team (where, like swimming, height is a benefit), but the hardest worker.

Updated November 21st, 2011 at 06:59 PM by The Fortress

Categories
    Swim Workouts , Strength Training and Dryland Workouts
  20. Sat., Nov. 19

by , November 19th, 2011 at 08:28 PM (The FAF AFAP Digest)
    After getting up at the crack of dawn for 2 all star soccer games and returning to feed a hypoglycemic Jimby Thornton, Jimby and I drove to the pool to swim with Speedo. We found him traumatized by a goggle clad mini manikin -- and it was indeed pretty creepy. We were very fortunate to get a lane just as a class was ending.

Swim/SCY @ SpringHill:

Warm up:

600 various
    3 x 50 single arm fly

Main Sets:

10 x 100 @ 2:00
    - 75 easy @ 1:15
    - 25 fast @ 100 pace or burst @ :45
    -- mixed strokes & back kick

100 EZ

4 x 100 @ 2:00

- I did flutter kick w/board & fins, went 15 seconds from top behind the freestyle addicts
    - 1st 100 = X
    - 2nd 100 5 sec break @ 50, total time must < X
    - 3rd 100 5 sec break @ 50 and 75, total time must < X
    - 4th 100 5 sec break @ 25, 50, and 75, total time must < X
    - went 1:22 (1:07), 1:18, 1:17, 1:1?
    - went too fast on #2, legs burning by the end, can't remember my time on the last one, but it was not <1:17.

200 EZ

I did not comply with the request to do "tantric" 50s. Instead:

8 x 50 @ free w/paddles & fins @ 1:00

I also did not succumb to peer pressure to do a fast 100. (I had done 2 yesterday, after all while they were lazy.)

1 x 50 AFAP fly w/fins, :23

150 EZ or so

Total: 3000

After this delightful swim, I raced back to the far away soccer field. I could have sat in the hottub as the tournament was running behind. Then I froze to death watching 2 more games. But tomorrow may be Lil Fort's last day of soccer, as she is likely retiring from the sport either now or next spring. She played great though.

Whatever has ailed me has moved on to my eyes. They are just killing me; feels like a painful attack of dry eye or iritis or super allergies, I really hope this is a short-lived problem. Jimby poked and prodded my still sore elbows and pronounced that I have a case of "tennis elbow." He thinks this was likely caused by the motion used in the heavy push presses I had done. This fall has been rather trying.

Updated November 19th, 2011 at 10:16 PM by The Fortress

Categories
    Swim Workouts