Blog Comments

Are you riding a stationary bike inside, or riding outside?

Your pool is inside, isn't it? How has the water temp been lately? If it is warm, that could also be why you're feeling out of sorts.

Love all the pics you've been posting the past few days. Makes me want to go to the Baltic area. Between those and reading Steig Larsson with his descriptions of Sweden I'm wanting to try that area. Maybe next year....
    Quote Originally Posted by KEWebb18
    Great pics! I love the architecture in Europe. Much better than Virginia IMHO--I am not really into the colonial style.
    Me either! I told my husband my one requirement for a house was that it was NOT a center hall colonial.
    Great pics! I love the architecture in Europe. Much better than Virginia IMHO--I am not really into the colonial style.
    Quote Originally Posted by Medicine Woman
    Thanks for sharing the pics!
    Thanks! I didn't take as many as you guys, but tried my best. The rest of them are on FB.
    Thanks for sharing the pics!
    Quote Originally Posted by qbrain
    You pictures need captions.
    Picky, picky.

The first pic is Nevsky Cathedral. It was almost torn down after Estonia gained independence from Russia. It's a Lutheran church now.

The others are random street shots of Tallinn. Gillian is in Controvento restaurant on St. Catherines Blvd.
    You pictures need captions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobinator
    Your pictures make me itching to travel abroad!
    I love those old unique villages. Its fun to walk around, shop, and drink wine!
    I may start saving for next summer!
    Now that you're an empty nester, no reason to stay home! I love to travel, but it's more difficult to arrange and get away with kids. We missed quite a bit of the summer league season to pull this one off. But it was worth it!
    Your pictures make me itching to travel abroad!
    I love those old unique villages. Its fun to walk around, shop, and drink wine!
    I may start saving for next summer!
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    I think the "heathen" term comes from the fact that Mesa has a large Mormon population and they're not supposed to be working out or doing much but praying on Sundays.

-- The Heathen Atheist
    Makes sense. I think there are many more of your ilk in the NE.
    I think the "heathen" term comes from the fact that Mesa has a large Mormon population and they're not supposed to be working out or doing much but praying on Sundays.

-- The Heathen Atheist
    Quote Originally Posted by aztimm
    All of the Sunday workouts at Kino are called, "Heathen," workouts. Paul and Laura usually swim them, and Laurel Hill coaches them. She's big on kicking.

I think using the term heathen started because they had workout on Christmas, Easter, or another holiday, and it stuck. In the newsletters, they always call Sunday workouts the Heathen Workout.
    Ah, I see. Well, that certainly explains it. And I'm glad I kept with tradition and did it on a Sunday.
    All of the Sunday workouts at Kino are called, "Heathen," workouts. Paul and Laura usually swim them, and Laurel Hill coaches them. She's big on kicking.

I think using the term heathen started because they had workout on Christmas, Easter, or another holiday, and it stuck. In the newsletters, they always call Sunday workouts the Heathen Workout.
    Quote Originally Posted by KEWebb18
    Happy Birthday!
    Thanks Katie. It was a good one and, except for swimming, I will stick with this age for many years.
    Happy Birthday!
    Quote Originally Posted by qbrain
    Happy birthday, I hope the restaurant has a nice Chard for you. I will drink some Pinot in remote celebration

I am glad the husbands didn't get caught gawking like the kids. Topless is much better than "Did you see what just swung by? I wish I hadn't."
    It does!

The husbands were running 13 or so miles through the German woods whilst I took the kids for a swim in the chilly Baltic. Oddly, the older 60+ women were topless and the younger women had bikini tops. We did see a male jogger running naked through the streets of Copenhagen. No one (except tourists) even cast a glance.
    Quote Originally Posted by swimsuit addict
    Happy birthday! Hope you have a wonderful dinner!
    Thank you!
    Happy birthday, I hope the restaurant has a nice Chard for you. I will drink some Pinot in remote celebration

I am glad the husbands didn't get caught gawking like the kids. Topless is much better than "Did you see what just swung by? I wish I hadn't."
    Happy birthday! Hope you have a wonderful dinner!
    They did have smoothies on the ship. I tried one, but didn't like it that much. I guess I'm picky!