http://www.usms.org/people/038W8
Fort Flog:
http://www.usms.org/myusms/flog/
Potomac Valley Meet Schedule:
http://www.pvmasters.org/entry.htm
My team, GMUP:
www.patriotmasters.org

1. Monday, March 1

by , March 12th, 2012 at 04:35 PM (The FAF AFAP Digest)
    Swim/SCY/Solo:

Warm up/Transition:

600 various

8 x 50 fly drills
    odds = caterpillar @ 1:10
    evens = single arm @ 1:00
    50 EZ

5 x 100 @ 2:00
    smooth 50 back + 50 breast
    50 EZ

Speed Sets:

8 x 25 burst + cruise @ 1:00
    100 EZ

24 x 25 w/fins
    odds = up tempo @ :30
    evens = EZ @ :45
    -- 6 free, :30 rest, 6 back
    100 EZ

3 x (25 AFAP back shooter w/fins + 75 EZ)
    -- went 8 mid-highs
    50 EZ

4 x 25 scull
    50 free

Total: 3050

hottub, 15-20

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Springing forward, clock wise, never agrees with me. I figure it'll take about 2 weeks to get back on my prior schedule. Good thing the Albatross is an afternoon meet!

Felt Ok today. Scapular area is still sore. I think maybe all the scapular stretching I've been doing is contributing. I'm just going to rest it today.

I saw the Harvard LCM Champs might be the first weekend in June. I thought this might be a good alternative to Omaha ... But I see on the calendar that I have both crew and track conflicts that weekend. Schools get out the end of June here. Like Fort Son, Teen Fort will row on a heavy weight 8, possibly all season. The HS coach doesn't really believe in lightweight rowing. Huh. Unlike Fort Son, she is fine with it as the high school team has outstanding heavyweights.

I received the Arena Carbon Pro I had pre-ordered for nationals in the mail. They sent me an open back instead of the closed back I ordered. But I can exchange it if I want when they get new stock. I think I'll wear m Arena X-Glide (closed back) at the meet this weekend and Zones next month. The fabrics on all the new kneeskins, except the FS3 which is decidedly thicker, feel fairly similar. I'll be interested to see how the Arena feels in the water compared to the LZR Elite I've been wearing for 2 years.

I'm worried about Fort Son. He's been getting worse. Now that they think his liver enzymes suggest it's inactive mono and that he has some other rare infection. Could be many many different things. He's having urine, blood and muscle enzyme tests tomorrow, but they don't seem to have much hope about being able to identify it. They are also testing for really horrible things like leukemia, though they think it's highly unlikely. At least it's not some crazy life threatening infection as he is back to rowing, though not even close to his usual level. He leaves Wed for his spring training trip in TN. I feel really badly for him. He trained really intensely all summer-fall-winter. And I just hope he'll be better soon; he's having some trouble just getting through finals. I'm a bit of a freaked out mommy at the moment.

Updated March 12th, 2012 at 07:45 PM by The Fortress

Categories
    Swim Workouts