Blog Comments

Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    You're going to love it. Masters Nationals is always a great meet, but even better when it's in a truly top notch facility. For some reason or other, I've also managed to miss Masters Nationals when they are in Indy, but it's my favorite pool. I've trained there a fair amount, as my business travels from '94 to about 2010 had me going to Indy a few times a year, sometimes more. I was living in Chicago in '96 and drove down to Indy to watch Olympic Trials. However, I've only ever raced there once, in 1983, so it's been 35 years I've been waiting to race there again!
    Last time I raced there was Zones when I was 14 I believe... Would have been 2003 I guess. I've heard they've done a lot of improvement since then. DII nationals were kind of hit and miss when I was there - new Mizzou pool freshman year and UHouston pool sophomore year were nice, Canton was a dump, San Antonio was OK but a bit cramped. I'm glad Nationals my first year of swimming Masters is so close (I'm in St. Louis), I'm not sure if I could swing going out to one of the coasts this year.

Also, I think/hope that my morning training group is going to have a pretty big continent making the trip, so that should add to the fun for us.

Plus, I get to do events I've never done tapered before (though what even is a taper off of 11k a week?) - my big goal is to see if I can break a minute in the 100 breast for the first time.
    Quote Originally Posted by JPEnge
    I'm excited for Indy! First real championship-type meet since college for me.
    You're going to love it. Masters Nationals is always a great meet, but even better when it's in a truly top notch facility. For some reason or other, I've also managed to miss Masters Nationals when they are in Indy, but it's my favorite pool. I've trained there a fair amount, as my business travels from '94 to about 2010 had me going to Indy a few times a year, sometimes more. I was living in Chicago in '96 and drove down to Indy to watch Olympic Trials. However, I've only ever raced there once, in 1983, so it's been 35 years I've been waiting to race there again!
    I'm excited for Indy! First real championship-type meet since college for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    Thanks!
    You are really going to eat me up on the longer portions of this Swimathon League thing :P
    Man... I didn't even like doing 200s on the 2:20 in college. Good on you!
    Thanks!
    Man... I didn't even like doing 200s on the 2:20 in college. Good on you!
    Solid 300s there!
    Could it have been the sock thief?
    Quote Originally Posted by __steve__
    Hi Patrick
    What is the sum pulse, do you just add 100 to it to get your BPM? Was it taken partly submerged?
    Salo advises to measure you pulse for 10 seconds over three periods and then add those numbers up to create the sumpulse. Depending upon the pool I am in and its depth, I might be partially submerged.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurt Dickson
    Congrats on a new gig. Merry Christmas to you and yours. See you at Grevers meet perhaps.
    xoxox
    kurt
    Thanks, Kurt. i hope you all had a great Christmas. No Polar Bear meet in Tucson for you?
    Congrats on a new gig. Merry Christmas to you and yours. See you at Grevers meet perhaps.
    xoxox
    kurt
    Hi Patrick
    What is the sum pulse, do you just add 100 to it to get your BPM? Was it taken partly submerged?
    Awesome write-up and awesome swimming.
    Thanks, Jeff!
    I feel the same way about racing/competing.
    Very cool. I still wonder why so many Masters swimmers DON'T love to race, and even don't compete. I pretty much lost every head-to-head race, was way slower than a year ago ... and still loved it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sojerz
    Nice swims Patrick, especially the 2fr and 4IM. An animal weekend for sure.
    Thanks, Bill. Having grown up swimming in the 80's where the 'animal lane' was all the rage in training, I appreciate the 'animal' comment!
    Quote Originally Posted by flystorms
    I can feel your exuberance in your writeup. Nice work and nice racing!
    Thanks, Kari. It was fun to be able to write a race report, now I'm itching to figure out my next meet.
    Quote Originally Posted by knelson
    Nice swimming! Sounds like you are making major progress.
    Thanks, Kirk. I am definitely making progress, but I've still got a long way to go to get back to 2016 'baseline.' After reading Jim Thornton's article on age-based degradation (and the thread of comments), I feel this great sense of urgency to get back into great shape before the grand decline hits me!
    Quote Originally Posted by Karl_S
    Nice racing and great report.
    Thanks, Karl.

Makes me wanna race.
    EXCELLENT!

Unless I am mistaken that 4IM moves you to the top of the event rankings for this season. Of course a couple of big meets remain before the season closes so there is still time for folks to take a crack at knocking you off the top spot. In recent years usually one or two guys have dipped under 5.
    I doubt I'll survive in the pole position, but you know I'll be watching Meet Mobile the rest of this month.
    Awesome write-up and awesome swimming. I feel the same way about racing/competing.
    Nice swims Patrick, especially the 2fr and 4IM. An animal weekend for sure.
    I can feel your exuberance in your writeup. Nice work and nice racing!
Page 1 of 362 123451151101 ... LastLast