Blog Comments

Your kicking is boring, huh? You should hop in with my age group team and try to keep up! It's a kick in the @ss in there at times on kick sets!
    Quote Originally Posted by mcnair
    You might try some yoga too... rather than trying to strengthen (and tighten), sometimes we just need to realign and open things up to get back in balance.
    Good point. It's something I used to do ... but need to build back the routine.
    Quote Originally Posted by That Guy
    Also consider rotator cuff exercises. I do them each day and they're like magic.
    Another good idea. I've definitely got the time now and will add those to my rehab therapy.
    Quote Originally Posted by knelson
    I had a sore shoulder a week or two ago and ever since I've had a slight numbness in my fingertips on occasion. There's no pain, just the numbness.
    It sucks getting , doesn't it? I hope yours isn't more serious.
    You might try some yoga too... rather than trying to strengthen (and tighten), sometimes we just need to realign and open things up to get back in balance. A 9-mile swim is enough to reveal if there are any hidden imbalances that don't show up at shorter distances. Ouch.
    Quote Originally Posted by That Guy
    Also consider rotator cuff exercises. I do them each day and they're like magic.
    Thus the 7 "dryland workouts" a week that Fort and others were completely amazed you're able to do, and still be able to live life. Their idea of dryland workout is different I guess.
    I had a sore shoulder a week or two ago and ever since I've had a slight numbness in my fingertips on occasion. There's no pain, just the numbness.
    I get a little bit now and then in my left shoulder as well. I haven't really had problems throughout my career though, until this year...wonder if the increased workload of the kids' practices are doing it...ya think??? I just back off when I need to though.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    Sounds like bicep tendonitis. Google for rehab exercises!
    Thanks. That does sound like it. I'm glad I have the time to rest now, but I think I'm even going to remove the single arm work I did today to rest it even more.
    Sounds like bicep tendonitis. Google for rehab exercises!

I know my straight arm free is hard on the shoulders. But I can't imagine becoming a high elbow freestyler ...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    Enjoy your break! I have one schedule for next summer. I'll be moving and LCM is hardly my fave, so the timing seems right. Good for us mentally, I think.
    Thanks. I think I'll also go back to only looking towards two real peak events in a year: in 2013, I'll look to Indy and then, based upon what I understand of calendars now, should be able to finally get to Long Beach for their December SCM meet. That will then allow me to be a bit more mellow next summer. I was thinking about going over to Mission Viejo for Nationals for the sole purpose of swimming relays ... on the hope that with a 5 day meet format, they'd offer more than just 200 distance relays. Based upon this -- http://www.mastersmvnswim.org/scmvnm...f%20events.pdf -- I can't see a relay reason to go. I still might show up for a day or two and swim some off events, but I'll play it by ear.
    Enjoy your break! I have one schedule for next summer. I'll be moving and LCM is hardly my fave, so the timing seems right. Good for us mentally, I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    You're too generous!
    SHould it have been out to the end of the driveway?
    Quote Originally Posted by jaadams1

This would be Patrick after a few blocks...
    You're too generous!
    Quote Originally Posted by aztimm
    Congratulations on the new pup Patrick! Maybe you and the new one can begin running together

That second part is just funny!!

This would be Patrick after a few blocks...
    Quote Originally Posted by slknight
    Does this work well? I wanted to do something like this with our old dog but never did and unfortunately she passed away this fall. We just got a new puppy (a mutt from the shelter) and I'm thinking of giving it a try. Congrats on your new pup.
    I guess we'll never know, but it seemed to make a lot of sense for our other dog.
    Quote Originally Posted by slknight
    Does this work well? I wanted to do something like this with our old dog but never did and unfortunately she passed away this fall. We just got a new puppy (a mutt from the shelter) and I'm thinking of giving it a try. Congrats on your new pup.
    I'm curious if it works too. We've thought of doing it with Holly.

Congratulations on the new pup Patrick! Maybe you and the new one can begin running together
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    Depending upon how much $$$ she sets us back, we might do this -- http://www.wisdompanel.com/ -- which we did with one of our other mutts (very revealing).
    Yeah, those legs look like a Weimaraner's.
    Quote Originally Posted by ourswimmer
    That dog has crazy long legs. Glad you can take good care of her.
    When people look at her and see her move, three breeds come to mind:

• Boxer -- she totally play-fights with our other dogs like a boxer
    • Great Dane -- though she's not as big, there's something about her face and build that reminds you of a Dane
    • Pit Bull -- yes, the shape of her skull has that look

Depending upon how much $$$ she sets us back, we might do this -- http://www.wisdompanel.com/ -- which we did with one of our other mutts (very revealing).