View RSS Feed

Chowmi's Blog

Michelle's blog on swimming and other fun stuff!

My USMS info:
My team: Dallas Aquatic Masters
www.damswim.com
http://www.usms.org/people/02gam

My USA info:
My team: Dallas Mustangs
www.dmswim.com
www.ntswim.org
http://www.usaswimming.org/USASModul...d-b89e809716fa

1. Still trying to find a theme

by , January 22nd, 2013 at 11:17 AM (Chowmi's Blog)
    Hello again! Long time no post! I'v gotten out o the habit of reading posts on the forums/blogs as I have slowly become more and more addicted to parent portal. One time I was checking it and saw the grade CHANGE! How thrilling.

I still haven't found my motivation of what to do - quest for 23 50 free, max top ten times, fly theme, 200 back, final frontier 200 breast, win workouts (ie, join the equipment crowd), or do another round of P90X? I just can't decide!

In the meantime, I have been doing more fly, mostly because I only want to do 1/2 of the sets, and not for any goal in particular. The coralary to sickfish's training for the fly, I am doing fly as endurance for free but at 1/2 the yardage.

Here was yesterday's workout: SCM Baylor Fitness Center

600 warm up

14 x 100's done as
    4 x 1:30
    1 easy
    3 x 1:25
    1 easy
    2 x 1:20
    1 easy
    1 : 15
    1 easy
    ===> That would be a serious no. I did the 100's as 50 flys, decending by each set. Started at 39 and worked down to 35 on the last one. Summary: I am out of fly shape! I was pretty tired by the last one. And they were sort of hard!

4 x 150 on 3 min:
    100 kick/50 swim
    I put on my fins and went a modest speed. This entire set was a recovery set.

10 x 50's as:1:00/1:30(?)
    2 x fast
    1 easy
    2 x fast
    1 easy
    2 x fast
    1 easy
    1 fast
    ======> The set was about to start so I had to come up with an answer right quick, so I said, "I'm doing something that does not including doing the full set! You guys go!" And then the pressure was on to think of something, and that something was:
    4 x 50's fast within the same time, so I would average 2:30 per 50. Now, stupid me, I should have just done #1, 4, 7, and 10 fast, but I banked a bit of rest and did #1, 3, 7 and 10 fast, descending free 50's. I went 38 36 31 31. I thought if it hurts this bad, just bite the bullet and go as low as you can, skipping over the 35-32 range. 31 isn't so great, but after the first fly set, I was more tired than I thought. I just didn't have it at the end!

Easy 50
    The End

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    The frustrating thing is that the constant state of being is in "almost good shape". AGS is the new elite conditioing. I did the legs and back P90x routine and now my rear end is entirely sore. A few weeks ago, at my non-peak muscly stage, I was swimming faster. So not that I am attempting to get in good overall shape, it's an effort to swim at modest AGS speed. I am thinking I should not worry about "training" so much as doing drylands to simply stay in good middle age woman shape, and always swim at the high end of AGS.
    Categories
    Uncategorized