View RSS Feed

Chowmi's Blog

Michelle's blog on swimming and other fun stuff!

My USMS info:
My team: Dallas Aquatic Masters
www.damswim.com
http://www.usms.org/people/02gam

My USA info:
My team: Dallas Mustangs
www.dmswim.com
www.ntswim.org
http://www.usaswimming.org/USASModul...d-b89e809716fa

1. Finally, some signs of life!

by , September 22nd, 2013 at 03:23 PM (Chowmi's Blog)
    I am finally actually almost unbelieveably feeling pretty good! You won't believe this is me posting, maybe someone hijacked my blog and posted in my place. Anyway, set your faces to stun!

On Friday, I got a haircut and an eyebrow wax. Then I had an awkward amount of time, too much hang around, so I decided to swim a quick sprint workout on my own. I went nearly exactly the same times as the week before, but my fly is finally starting to come back:

From the blocks:
    fly 32
    back 35 high
    breast 40
    free 29

then the team came in. I decided to stay for a bit and loosen up. But then, I stayed for the entire workout since I really liked the sprint sets! So I was actually in for a whopping 1 hour and 45 minutes!!!!

The main sets I liked were
    8 x 75's, 2 rounds
    fast/easy 50
    fast/easy/fast
    all easy
    all fast
    I did these IM w/o free

Then
    6 x 50's
    fast/easy
    easy/fast
    all fast
    I did these fly and/or breast

I'm bummed out I won't be racing until Nov. There there are too many choices over limited weekends! I have also decided that during the school year, drylands/vasa once a week would be good. I just can't do more without bumping into recovery days! So here's my plan:

Mon - strong/sprints
    Tues - strong/sprints
    Wed - easy swim or off
    Thurs - off; stretch only
    Fri - strong/sprints
    Sat - drylands/vasa
    Sun - easy swim or off
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. HOORAY! Back to SCM and the Routine!

by , September 14th, 2013 at 08:28 PM (Chowmi's Blog)
    Hooray school has started, our new assistant is working out great, and Baylor is open again and hopefully things will settle into the noon workout routine again.

I've been quite tired but the good news is I don't feel like I am completely starting over again. Here are the highlight main sets from this week. Of course I am modifying most things, and it's all about the 4 x 50's!

4 rounds, 1 each stroke:

4 x 25's on :45
    fast
    37.5 fast
    12/5 fast
    pushoff + 4-6 strokes fast (which is actually at or past the 12/5)

then a fast 50 from the block

fly: 33
    back: 35 high
    breast: 40
    free: 29

I made myself do this set. For each set, the actual workout was 2 x 100 IMs, then a 200 IM descend the 200 IMs (3 sets). I stayed and did the 4th set as the free.

8 x 50's on 1:10
    Odd: Fast no-breath on last 12.5
    Evens: Fast 1 breath on last 25
    I did these all free

misc. bits then

8 x 50's on 1:10 again
    Odd: First fast no breath 12.5
    Even: First 25 fast 1 breath
    I did odds stroke and evens all free

This set I liked because there is no truth like the truth of speed play. It's one thing to plod along at 80%, but very different to get up and go go go, especially on the last bits.

I plan on swimming 3 USA meets in the Fall (Oct, Nov, Dec)
    our local DAMM SCM meet (11/16)
    and a very outside chance of a masters travel meet to Az for the Ron John, 11/23.

But I just don't know for sure. I may not feel like it. But I would like to visit my sister!
    Categories
    Uncategorized