View RSS Feed

Chowmi's Blog

Michelle's blog on swimming and other fun stuff!

My USMS info:
My team: Dallas Aquatic Masters
www.damswim.com
http://www.usms.org/people/02gam

My USA info:
My team: Dallas Mustangs
www.dmswim.com
www.ntswim.org
http://www.usaswimming.org/USASModul...d-b89e809716fa

1. INSANITY and ho hum swimming now

by , April 25th, 2013 at 12:13 PM (Chowmi's Blog)
    I've started INSANITY!! I must say, P90X really helped me get into land-shape! I can tell because I can actually do the warmup bits (3 rounds total 12 mins) without dying. I am really bad at Level 2 drills, ski abs, and in-and-outs, but the last is probably so hard b/c it comes at the very bitter end of a series.

Swimming has been ok! I am doing some workouts on my own, because I didn't do quite as much pure sprinting this year and it showed. But my 200 back is a very strong top ten contender! A 2:20 has always made it and I am at 2:17.8!

Here's what I did yesterday:

warmup - maybe 250?

6 x 100 kick/swim
    ==No. I didn't feel like it. so i did 50's kick/swim. Then decided that was too much so put on my fins and went the same slow speed.

5 x 100 pull
    ===> no. put on my parachute and did 50s.

Main set:
    4 rounds of 4 x 50's and 200 easy
    Set 1: 50's on :40
    I had to do these free. Held 35-36

Set 2:50's on :50
    Did these backstroke! Held 39-42

Set 3: 50's on 1:00
    cheaty 50's- 25 easy free, 25 fast fly

Set 4: 50's on 1:10
    did 25 strong, broken 5 seconds, 25 fast. held 30-31.

The End
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    I've been able to Insanity at night and still swim during the day. I think when school is out, I will try to lift lift lift meaning strength training. Maybe make it the cornerstone for a change. I think i'm just not strong enough. I need to make a really good effort to stick with it the entire summer!

I age up for meters this year! I turn 45 in May. It's nice to get into a new age group but nothing new since there are fast women, arguably more fast women in my new age group in my favorite events. But, if you aren't #1, who really cares if you are #2 or #10. I would like to do a serous SCM meet this year. 2 day format with lots-o-rest in between events and seasoned meet people who get all my splitsy requests.
    Categories
    Uncategorized