View RSS Feed

Chowmi's Blog

Michelle's blog on swimming and other fun stuff!

My USMS info:
My team: Dallas Aquatic Masters
www.damswim.com
http://www.usms.org/people/02gam

My USA info:
My team: Dallas Mustangs
www.dmswim.com
www.ntswim.org
http://www.usaswimming.org/USASModul...d-b89e809716fa

1. 500 free: swim smart or be the crowd pleaser?

by , April 3rd, 2013 at 12:46 PM (Chowmi's Blog)
    Well, Easter eating really pounded me up! I am an absolute whopping 144 lbs but the 2 chocolate bunnies, sour lemonheads, and low grade tummy ache were worth it.

SCM, Baylor Fitness Center.

Monday:
    My joints actually HURT. And that would be knees, hips, shoulders, elbows, and wrists. It is also amazing how emotionally fragile I am after a 4 day school vacation and holiday festivities. I had to take it super easy and do short sprints. That said, I did about 6 dives off the blocks. I did 1 fast 50 and lanemates said it was a 28 low, but I thought it was so bad I didn't look at the clock right away, and when I did it was on the :30 so I think that it true I did a 28 high.

Tuesday:
    MUCH BETTER! No sharp stabbing pains or tummy ache today. But I didn't want to do any dives nor any blast-o sprints. So I did a fast 200/150/100 backstroke and went 2:48/2:04 and 1:19.

Wednesday: That's today!
    Major goofing off!

HOORAY! Pysche sheets are up and the timeline. I am really excited to do the 500 free. Everyone is telling me not to do my usual sprinty MO and go easy at the beginning. However, I am really toying with just going as fast I can - even if it's too fast. I'm not sure if I would feel very happy to have a lot left in the tank and go a mediocre time. I'd rather blast it out and die a horrible swim-death. Honestly! It would be like, dramatic irony where everyone in the natatorium knows what's going to happen except the person swimming way too fast in the 500. Then the climax to the anvil. But before then, i'd enjoy the absolute THRILL of being so far ahead of everyone else! I'm not sure I want to be on the leader's feet and then just slowly fall back further and further....why not add drama and spice to heat 1 of the 2013 south central zone meet! I'm also not sure about the other events. I think no matter what I do the 500 will take so much out of me. I may skip the 200 back, split the 100 free (50) and do the the 50 back. The next day, I might split the 200 free (50 free), swim the 100 back and then decide to stick around for 2 more 50's or to go home. I'm not that excited about swimming anything beyond the 500 free and at least 1 peppy 50 free.
    Categories
    Uncategorized