Blog Comments

Let us know what you think when you do try out the monofin! I hestiate to buy one without trying it, but no one has one. Do you ever see Tiffany Forbes?
    The broken 500s looks like a good set to do. If I swim at 9PM, I have the worst time getting to sleep right away and getting up at 5AM for another workout. If I swim 9PM, it would have to be a quick 30 minute swim.
    Quote Originally Posted by aztimm
    Faster, slower, different focus...how different? That I don't need you emailing my coaches for me to do a get out swim?
    I haven't for a while, but maybe this weekend I'll look back 2 years in my blog. I know I've changed a bit since I swam with Sun Devil Masters.
    You are definitely faster, 18 months ago you argued with me that you couldn't break 30 and I do seem to remember someone avoiding a 50 for time. That was the same person who did a get out swim today right? You quit swimming with the team, trained on your own for a while and rejoined the team. When I started reading your blog you seemed like a runner who swam, and now you seem more like a swimmer. You are still a runner, you just seem more interested in the swimming side of your life now that you did back in the day.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaadams1
    I like the Mesa workout as well. The broken 500s are good. I like doing the 200, 150, 100, 50 ones myself.

I think you said you will be out of town the next weekend during the SCM meet at Mesa, correct? I'm going to try to say hi to as many as possible from the area when I'm there.
    If you do that set, I expect you to cut at least 5 sec from each, if not 10

Yea I fly to Boston next Friday, Sep 23 and get back on Sun Sep 25 around 7pm.
    What time do you leave?
    Are you on Facebook? Paul has an active team group there, you should post there and meet some others before you come.
    Sounds like it will be a very small meet, maybe similar to our July LCM meet. You should have some competition, not just Patrick, but also Starbucks. There's also a couple of gals who may give you some close calls too.
    Quote Originally Posted by swimsuit addict
    OK, now I'm really jealous. Not only does your team swim I'm a gorgeous pool, but you have a nice big white board that will hold the entire workout. All that's missing is markers of various colors!

(In case you're wondering how the other half lives . . . picture a pockmarked chalkboard in our tiny basement pool, and a forever-hiding box of chalk)

That's a very pretty w&d!
    I guess I take the whiteboard for granted. From when I first showed up on deck at the U of A Hillenbrandt pool in April 1998, my teams have always had a whiteboard. Either the school's, or in the case of Kino, because of the kids groups. They don't use the whiteboard very often, this is maybe the 4th time I've seen it. I'll have to slip Laura some colored markers.
    Quote Originally Posted by qbrain
    I like the Mesa workout. Seems very mid-d to me, but it probably a case of how you swim it.

Does your new washer and dryer sing you a song when they are done?

You are a different swimmer than you were 18 months ago.
    Laura is much more of a mid-d person than Paul, so it doesn't surprise me that it is more mid-d.

I'd love a washer that just automagically takes clothes from the basket, washes, dries, folds, then they appear in my dresser or closet. Unfortunately, doesn't look like that will be in my lifetime.

Faster, slower, different focus...how different? That I don't need you emailing my coaches for me to do a get out swim?
    I haven't for a while, but maybe this weekend I'll look back 2 years in my blog. I know I've changed a bit since I swam with Sun Devil Masters.
    I like the Mesa workout as well. The broken 500s are good. I like doing the 200, 150, 100, 50 ones myself.

I think you said you will be out of town the next weekend during the SCM meet at Mesa, correct? I'm going to try to say hi to as many as possible from the area when I'm there.
    OK, now I'm really jealous. Not only does your team swim I'm a gorgeous pool, but you have a nice big white board that will hold the entire workout. All that's missing is markers of various colors!

(In case you're wondering how the other half lives . . . picture a pockmarked chalkboard in our tiny basement pool, and a forever-hiding box of chalk)

That's a very pretty w&d!
    I like the Mesa workout. Seems very mid-d to me, but it probably a case of how you swim it.

Does your new washer and dryer sing you a song when they are done?

50 free from blocks for time, against a gal who did the sprint set (28.6)

Laura asked if I wanted a get-out swim, and I said only if someone else would too. so we recruited someone, and it was a very close race.
    You are a different swimmer than you were 18 months ago.
    I think Saguaro is the prettiest lake that DCB does races in. Water temps should be nice, too. I'd highly recommend it. I'd be there if I didn't have to officiate a kids meet @ Cactus.
    Quote Originally Posted by aztimm
    It is pretty nice, and when it is warmer/busier there's a snack shop too!
    Actually I may branch out next time and try Tobyhanna State Park: http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/statepar...tobyhanna.aspx
    It is closer to the NJ border, and maybe I could convince swimsuit addict to take a trip inland to join me
    It seems all the lakes remotely near me no swimming allowed. Of course, in the "T" section of PA, swimming is allowed. Hmmmm!
    Quote Originally Posted by qbrain
    You better watch out or you new addiction is going to be swimsuits.
    Lol, I think that time has passed. I gave SA a hard time about that. If I hadn't worn my dragsuit on Sat (I claimed if I was too slow it would make a good excuse), my grab bag suit would have handily won for more outrageous over the one she wore that day.

I prefer Agonswim. They have tons of crazy designs (but I don't think they carry your Strawberry Shortcake).
    Quote Originally Posted by swimsuit addict
    What a pretty lake! And with a hot shower too--sounds great.

You're getting to be an open-water swim tourist!
    Without the hot shower, I would have been freezing the whole drive back. We brought an old blanket (very old, my oldest brother's from when he was like 10), that I would have curled up with.
    Now I'm more seriously thinking of the Saguaro Lake swim on Saturday....
    Quote Originally Posted by tjrpatt
    Interesting post about this lake. I might have to drive up and swim there one day. Maybe next summer.
    It is pretty nice, and when it is warmer/busier there's a snack shop too!
    Actually I may branch out next time and try Tobyhanna State Park: http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/statepar...tobyhanna.aspx
    It is closer to the NJ border, and maybe I could convince swimsuit addict to take a trip inland to join me
    Interesting post about this lake. I might have to drive up and swim there one day. Maybe next summer.
    You better watch out or you new addiction is going to be swimsuits.
    What a pretty lake! And with a hot shower too--sounds great.

You're getting to be an open-water swim tourist!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    What a weekend! Was the Cyclone amazing? Nice run in Central Park.
    Seems for me I'm either stuck in routine or things are just crazy.
    The Cyclone is just something you HAVE to do if you're at Coney Island. Truthfully, I think Hershey Park has a better wooden coaster, but I'm sure I'll get some flack for saying that.
    No other run I've ever done has ever compared to Central Park. Not even Portland along the river or London through Hyde Park. Something quite magical about running the NYC marathon finish (my friend pointed it out to me).
    What a weekend! Was the Cyclone amazing? Nice run in Central Park.
    So glad you were able to make the CIBBOWS swim! Too bad we were all too chicken for the cyclone!

I'm happy you had a good run in Central Park. Those top hills can be tough if you're used to running on flat--sounds like you had no problem with them though.

Have a great swim/run today and a good trip back!