Blog Comments

Yeah mentioning that was completely redundant!!!
    Pretty much any swim in a pool is a exercise in enduring mental torture, isn't it?
    Yeah we have people counting and taking splits, and holding up a sign every thousand meters. I've done the 10k four times now and my first time was my best. I think it's harder each year, knowing what's coming!! 4k-6k is my personal hell during this swim, but am feeling better at 8-10k Definitely an exercise in enduring mental torture, especially for an OW swim. It has to be a good training exercise..hopefully
    you should definitely try it!!
    Does someone count for you in this swim, in a way that lets you know how far you've gone? Since I'm not seeing any "How much farther?"s on your list, I'm guessing the answer is yes? How does that work?

And congratulations--that's a reaaallly long way for a pool swim! You're gonna rock END-WET!
    I don't know if my second picture is attached properly!
    A splendid way to mark the 10-year anniversary! Perhaps Masters should have a Goddess tier...
    I'd like to do it too, but I wouldn't make the break, and would be swept out to sea and ignominiously netted by the safety craft. That's the best possible outcome I can imagine (sigh).
    Great suit, great story, wonderful photos, and so glad you found the Best Place!
    Thanks! a person can overcome any adverse conditions while wearing a suit like that...I probably deserved the bite, and I think it was the mermaid that did it,not the shark
    Love this post--makes me wanna do this! I know exactly what you mean by being just "skin" cold, and I love that sensation. It makes me feel like some impervious super-hero!

And that's a fabulous suit, even if it did bite you!
    When I was writing it the pictures looked like they were attaching fine..
    Updated January 5th, 2013 at 08:38 AM by Chicken of the Sea
    That's almost more fun than I can imagine. (Note: New Englanders are not big on "fun," though "imagining" is well within their intellectual heritage, especially imagining other ppl doing things.)
    Maybe a rental?
    Have a wonderful time!
    Enjoy the swim. I would like to get out west one of these days for that as well.
    Moving plans are on hold after some fantasy real-estate shopping....if both kids decide to go to the local community college, I may one day be able to afford a used mobile home at the bottom end of a landslide.
    But the Atlantic is always murky! I like the lobsta rolls over there though.....
    I think your autocorrect spell-checker accidentally screwed up the word Atlantic, readjusting the letters to spell Pacific.

Could you correct the mistaken "correction"? We cannot, simply cannot, have you moving to that part of the country, where bull sharks from Australia can find you and imperil our national treasure.

If you must be eaten, I say be eaten by the familiar denizens of the Atlantic: crabs, sea lice, and the very occasional off-course great white shark.
    Kicking is fine as long as you're not in front of me
    The silver suit is FABULOUS! It's even flattering, or maybe it just feels that way. Did 7 miles in it today then made the sardine dish,.. Really tasty
    Way to break promises, be charmingly redundant, and shiny all at the same time!

I am so unadventurous with my suits. Maybe I need to break out of my all black mode.

Oh, glad you swam straight. My only OW experiences have include breaststroke around buoys, but I promise I have never kicked anyone.
    The suit is still glorious! Like liquid gold, only silver
    What color was the suit after swimming in Lake Michigan? I like it, but I imagine it went from shiny to rusty.

I am quite disturbed to read that Chaos used to dance in a brief of the same material. Oh well, I guess if I wanted family friendly comments, I stopped by the wrong blog

Congrats on kinda swimming in the right direction!
    it's a great suit! Swimoutlet.com. very comfy. I think I'll try the recipe too
    i had a suit like that (except mine was a brief)
    going to try that recipe!
Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast