View RSS Feed

Grandma Got Run Over By A Swim Team

Just keeping it real . . . .

1. 7/6/13

by , July 6th, 2013 at 06:07 PM (Grandma Got Run Over By A Swim Team)
    No swimming for me today, suffering from some melancholy this morning - although I was perfectly fine at Kinetix, came home to wait for the pool to open up, and felt like crying for no good reason. Went to the pool, and of course, the water was ridiculously cold (77), overcast sky (great boon to my mood there), and then it started to sprinkle, and right before I dove in, lightning. Of course. It's a good thing I have swum M thru F this week w/an avg of 5300 or so each day. I'm pooped anyway, and just need to rest. Was hoping for some sunshine & a swim to cheer me up, but oh well. Next week I hope to have an "adventure" w/a masters group in Jacksonville, as I have to cover a clinic there Tues thru Fri, and the next week, I have an endocrinology conference (woo hoo! Can't wait!) in Orlando at the Disney Swan Hotel - don't know if I'll get to swim those 3 days or not! I might bask in the lovely 88 degree hotel pool.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Wed & Thurs June 26, 27, 2013 - grumble grumble

by , June 27th, 2013 at 10:23 AM (Grandma Got Run Over By A Swim Team)
    Yesterday I was so pissed off at practice! I felt like there was no place for me to swim. Started out with the usual warm-up & then we moved into "stroke" lanes - well, guess what, my "stroke" is too slow, and my legs too old to actually do 3 x 400 of anything besides freestyle, so I went in the free lane - we had 13 people in the lane, and I foolishly went last - of course the FASTEST swimmer was past the 3/4 mark on the way BACK when I was allowed to push off (we were doing 6 x 200) & I felt panicked the whole time - PLUS I caught the girl in front of me, and the one in front of her before the 150, but then I would have had to give up ALL my rest (I came in around the 2:48, interval was to be 3:00, but like I said, now I was two places ahead, so NO rest). So. Got out & went into the Leisure Lap Swimmer Lane (LLL) THAT was exciting. There were four people in there once I got in, then another got in before I had done even a 200 - one fella going super slow w/fins on down the middle of the lane, a lady doing frog kick so wide her legs took up the ENTIRE lane -- yada yada yada - you get the picture. So I'm trying to finish the 6 x 200 @ 3:00, trying not to hit the little old ladies/men (who are all actually much younger than I am) when I get clobbered by the butterfliers on my right - the wrist is still swollen this morning. Geez. Went back into the ATAC lanes after the 200's and things did get a bit better, but it was a frustrating morning, over all.
    We did:
    500 back/free
    500 pull
    300 kick
    100 easy
    6 x 200 @ 3:00
    200 easy
    8 x 50 @ :50
    12 x 100 @ 1:30
    16 x 50 kick
    100 easy
    Total: 5700 LCM

Today, since I was still grumpy from yesterday, I started OFF in the LLL - wasn't too bad, there were two of us the whole time, and the little old lady (a real one this time) was intimidated by me, and kept on her side of the lane, thank goodness. I actually swam farther on my own than I have been swimming with ATAC on Tues & Thurs - cuz I didn't have to waste my time listening to the coach grumble at the kids. Here's what I did: (after my trip to Kinetix for weights)
    600 back/free
    2 x 300 Pull
    3 x 200 K
    200 easy
    2 x 4 x 100 @ 1:30 P
    100 easy
    6 x 50; sprint 25 fly, cruz to wall
    300 breast/free
    Total: 3300 LCM

Next Wed, I guess I'm gonna have to move into the breast lane & just do what I can (breast/free?). Still can't get over 13 people in my lane - and I PAY for this?!!
    **However - water temp is a lovely 79 all week so far!!
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Tuesday, June 25, 2013

by , June 25th, 2013 at 08:35 AM (Grandma Got Run Over By A Swim Team)
    Bumped up the weights today - added about 10lbs to everything - now doing 10-8-6 as far as reps go - gets me through the stations faster & allows more time for core (less walking around, I guess) - goal is to have the last ones (#10, #8, #6) be so hard to lift I'm practically shaking - was definitely shaking this morning.

Off to the pool - ATAC does STATIONS on Tues & Thurs - and I think I'm about to stop swimming w/them on Tues & Thurs because I hardly get any yardage in at all, and it's always the same thing (verging on boredom here)
    500 back/free
    500 P
    200 kick
    8 x 100 @ 1:30 (this was hard for me today)
    12 x 50 @ 1:00, evens SPRINT w/fins
    Total: 2600 LCM
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Monday, June 24, 2013

by , June 24th, 2013 at 08:42 AM (Grandma Got Run Over By A Swim Team)
    Can hardly believe that June is almost over. We had such a long long winter, and now summer is nearly a third of the way done

Feeling better in practice these last two days. Swam Saturday on my own, then did weights, so was sorta sore (legs) this morning, but it was all good. Got tired on the last set & was grateful that I had to get out & go to work - but turns out they were only doing some 50's kick & I could've made it. How they practice for nearly 3 hours straight every MWF (AND come back in the afternoon) is beyond me.

600 back/free
    600 pull
    400 kick
    400 drill/swim by 25's choice of stroke (breast/free)
    6 x 100 @ 1:40 stroke/free
    200 easy
    3 x 400 @ 7:00 (niiice interval)
    100 easy
    16 x 100 @ 1:40 heart rate set
    200 easy
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Saturday, June 22, 2013

by , June 23rd, 2013 at 06:35 PM (Grandma Got Run Over By A Swim Team)
    Avoided ATAC today - I just hate swimming on Saturdays with them - so many kids - the entire team is there & you have like 12 people per lane - plus they frequently do goal sets, which means minimal yardage - and I am trying to pick my yardage back up again. So anyway, waited until about 10:00, when I knew they would be departing for the mall or wherever, and got my swim in. Then to Kinetix for weights, then to McDonald's for a 49c ice cream cone, then to the grocery store & finally home. Slept in until about 7am this morning - it was glorious!

600 back/free
    400 IM twitch
    5 x 100 pull @ 1:30
    4 x 50 @ :45
    3 x 300: 100 fast/200 easy; 200 fast/100 easy; 300 breast/free
    100 easy
    400 IM twitch

5 x 100 pull @ 1:30
    4 x 50 @ :45
    3 x 300 as above
    Total: 4700 SCY

Got a lot done today & feel good about it - swam solo, but the water was a lovely 79 degrees & the sun was shining, sky was blue. Just a really nice day to feel alive!
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  6. Friday, June 21, 2013

by , June 21st, 2013 at 01:51 PM (Grandma Got Run Over By A Swim Team)
    Woke up feeling fine. Warm-up was fine. Transition set, my arms suddenly felt like lead, and I began seriously struggling. Didn't last much longer. Fortunately, I can blame my early departure from the pool on my 8am meeting.

600 back/free
    2 x 300 P
    4 x 100 K @ 2:30
    100 easy
    5 x 250 @ 4:00 - 100 free, 50 stroke, 100 free
    100 easy
    8 x 100 K @ 2:30, 2 breast, 4 fly/free, 2 breast
    400 cool down
    Total:4200LCM
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  7. Thurs, June 20, 2013

by , June 20th, 2013 at 09:32 AM (Grandma Got Run Over By A Swim Team)
    Weights of course, first thing. Trying a new thing - instead of 2 sets of 12 and then 15 reps, doing a bit heavier weight, so that it is pretty darn difficult to lift on the last rep, and doing 8,6,4 reps - twice through if I have time.
    Workout today was STATIONS again - always on Tues & Thurs mornings in the summer, I suppose.

600 back/free
    6 x 100 @ 1:40
    300 kick
    100 easy
    8 x 100 P @ 1:30
    12 x 50, w/fins, sprint evens on 1:00
    400 warm down
    Total: 3200 LCM
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  8. Tuesday, June 18, 2013

by , June 19th, 2013 at 04:15 PM (Grandma Got Run Over By A Swim Team)
    Weights first, of course - decided to do two sets at each station, instead of going around the circuit twice - and this saves me about 10 minutes - which means I can get more in, in less time, which means I don't have to wake up so darn early!! (Well, ten minutes can mean everything to a sleepy girl)

500 back/free
    3 x 200 P
    4 x 100 stroke/free
    500 - can't remember what it was!
    100 easy
    STATIONS:

6 x 100 kick on 2:00
    6 x 100 Pull on 1:30
    200 easy
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  9. Thurs, June 13, 2013

by , June 13th, 2013 at 01:00 PM (Grandma Got Run Over By A Swim Team)
    Back from Pan Am's! It was really nice down there - and I had a couple of pretty good swims - a nice little "come to Jesus" talk after the 50 fly portion of my 200 IM suggests that I need to work on my pathetic form.
    Hubbie inconveniently got food poisoning from Firehouse Subs on Tuesday @ lunch - vomiting 7-1/2 hours almost non-stop - so those of you who were wondering why I didn't swim the 100 Br & 400 Fr (my faves) on Wednesday, that is why - we were doctoring the poor boy & racing back to Tally town to get him some IV fluids. Fortunately, we only had to stop once for him to vomit on the side of the road.

Today we are "back in the saddle" - hit the weights again this morning - how I've missed them! And then to practice - today was "stations" so not much actual distance done today. Gotta say, I'm loving the agility paddles - drops my 100m time by 4-5 sec easy w/out my noticing any extra effort at all. Hope this translates to dropped time in actual swimming as well. When I get brave, I intend to try them on the breast & fly as well - maybe on a Saturday (in my backyard, lol!!)

600 back/free

5 x 100 @ 1:40 P w/agility paddles

400 kick

100 easy

STATIONS:

12 min @ medicine ball (2kg ball tossed back & forth while egg-beatering) 40sec on, 20 sec rest

12 min @ resistance bands (in water) - swim out ~ 20yds & go like mad for about 20 stroke cycles (4 free, 2 fly, 2 breast)

8 x 100 @ 1:30

6 x 100 K @ 2:15

200 easy - then off to work

Total: Not Much!!
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  10. Monday, June 3, 2013

by , June 4th, 2013 at 08:44 PM (Grandma Got Run Over By A Swim Team)
    Totally forgot today was my anniversary until half-way through the day!! Lucky for me, I have a very understanding hubby, who really didn't want me to wake him up with smooches at 4:50am, lol!!
    So, today is the first day of summer for the local kids - first day for two-a-days for them, first day of having a lot more people in your lane for me. We started off with only 7 in our lane, had to move over 2 lanes for the Pre-Seniors at 6:30, and then another lane at 7:00. The Pre-Senior group must have really grown. Fortunately for all of us, several swimmers have to get out before practice is done to go to work, which reduces the number of people in your lane bit by bit - and I got out myself at 7:20. I'm hoping on being able to stay in until about 8am after we get back from the Pan Am meet.

Here's what we did:
    600 back/free
    500 Pull
    3 x 200 Reverse IM
    4 x 100 K on 2:15
    100 over & under (easy)
    12 x 100 @ 1:30
    16 x 50 K on 1:10
    100 over & under (easy)
    THEY did a 3000 "steady state" I did a 500 & got out and went to work.
    Total for me: 5300 LCM

Planning on swimming my usual tomorrow (sort of tapering) & cutting back on Friday to about a 3000. I'm concerned that if I taper too much yardage off this week, that I will regret it come the 400 free next Wednesday. So excited!
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  11. Wed, May 22, 2013

by , May 22nd, 2013 at 05:27 PM (Grandma Got Run Over By A Swim Team)
    I totally rocked workout today. Finally, they are leaving the tarps off the pool - and not too soon either, with high's in the mid-90's the water will stay warm all night.

Learning how to catch myself in the middle of negative thinking and turn it around - it's so cool! WHY!?! didn't I know how to do this as a kid? It might have made all the difference. Was swimming the last of my 300's this morning, feeling grumpy that we weren't getting as much rest as I would've liked, and coming in to the wall on the 2nd 50, I was telling myself that it was like the 200 mark in my 400, only 200 left to go! Then when I flipped, something changed in my head & I was good! Caught the girl in front of me (who I had given a 15 sec lead) and nearly passed her completely on the last bit there. It wasn't until later that I realized what I had done (mentally) & it is just so cool - I remember as a kid, and even in my 30's, talking trash to myself & I would talk myself right out of the race. If only I had my 16 year old body & speed again, who knows what positive thinking might accomplish?

Anyway, workout today:

500 back/free
    2 x 300 P w/15 sec rest between each
    400 Reverse IM
    100 easy
    4 x 300 on 4:40
    200 easy
    400 Kick w/zoomers
    20 x 50: drill, build, drill, fast - five times thru - last one from a dive - UNfortunately, the digital clock had been put up by this point, and the four of us doing this were clueless as to our times, but I'm sure we were AWESOME! Felt like it anyway!
    400 done as: 50 Breast, 50 Free, 100 Breast, 50 Free, 50 Breast, 100 Free
    Total: 4800 LCM
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  12. 5/21/13

by , May 21st, 2013 at 08:51 AM (Grandma Got Run Over By A Swim Team)
    First day of "taper" - on the weights anyway. Made the mistake of doing weights on Sunday morning & not swimming to loosen up afterward - still feeling the lovely achy results of that this morning. It took me almost the entire 5000 yesterday to not feel achy, woke up this morning again feeling achy. Brother - you would think I would know better!

So, yesterday we had an actual FUN practice - I don't remember all of it, but the main set(s) were:
    8 x 150 @ 2:30, Free/Stroke/Free IM order
    12 x 50 @ :55 & 1:05, 3 Free & 3 Stroke

Today was "1/2" weights - meaning I went around the circuit only once, then off to the pool to loosen up. Pleasantly surprised to see Jenna & Ali there, but they were 85% of the way through their workout when I arrived, so I still swam solo:
    7 x 300:
    back/free;
    pull no paddles,
    kick,
    drill,
    pull w/paddles,
    breast/free/breast, and
    3 x 100 IM no free straight
    2100 sorta easy, but just what I needed with achy shoulders.

Applied Traumeel to the arms & legs & will get a massage tonight & should be good to go tomorrow. Now if only they would get the LC pool temp as cool as the baby pool! Something's wrong there. . . .
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  13. 5/18/13 Follow-up on my RANT

by , May 19th, 2013 at 06:04 PM (Grandma Got Run Over By A Swim Team)
    Happy to say that whomever it was that complained about the "older" ATAC swimmers staying in the pool longer than an hour have been shut up. Coach reminded management that ATAC pays for the pool until 7am (90 min) - not to mention of course, the annual pass that gives Jenna & I a "free" ride for however long we want to stay in the pool. Interestingly enough, the complainer turned out to be a noodler who was breaking the rules herself! They apparently pay a fee for the water aerobics class & are permitted to get in the pool 15 min early & stay 15 after at no extra charge. BUT she and another were getting in 30 min early & telling the lap swimmers in the lane next to them that they had to move, because the first two lanes were reserved for their class. Hahahaha - they were informed of reality, that the pool was NOT theirs at 6:30, and in fact, they were not supposed to get in any earlier than 6:45 unless THEY paid an extra $4!!! Talk about justice!!
    Anyway, I've been workin' hard in the pool, getting in about 4500 4-5 x a week & getting ready to start my taper for Pan Am's.

Friday we did:
    500 back/free warm-up
    500 locomotive style Pull
    5 x 100 breast/free on 1:45
    3 x 100 K on 2:15
    12 x 100 @ 1:40, desc 1-3 progressive w/a minute rest before #12 (went a 1:16)
    200 choice (kids got out here)
    5 x 300 Drill, Pull, Kick, Drill, Breast/Free cool down (4500 LCM)

Saturday I swam solo - had a great need for sunshine & had the 2 year old grandbaby meeting me at lunch to play in the waterpark. Did a paltry 4000 SCY
    600 back/free warm-up
    2 x 300 P
    3 x 200 breast/free
    12 x 50 K on 1:00
    12 x 50 alt fly & free
    2 x 100 IM
    2 x 200 IM
    2 x 100 IM
    200 easy

Getting so psyched for the Pan Am meet! Totally loving weights too, so although I'm excited to start my taper - I'll miss going to the gym!! On the bright side, however, I might actually catch up on my sleep!
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  14. 4/29/13 RANT

by , April 29th, 2013 at 08:59 PM (Grandma Got Run Over By A Swim Team)
    Today started off really well. Had a nice workout, just kinda getting back in the swing of things after taking two days off. One of our teammates, Cecilia Williams, was FIRST in the Miromar Lakes OW swim that JRTotten was in this past weekend - way to go Cici!! She's a rising star & we all expect to see her on the Olympic team in four years - at least on a relay.
    After practice , the three masters who pay to swim with the kids (me & two others) were told that if we want to swim more than the measly hour that ATAC gets in before the kids go to school, we will need to pay an extra $4 (the usual entry fee). WHICH IS RIDICULOUS!! Apparently someone complained that we were taking up too much lane space. Some people think they need to have an entire 50m lane for themselves & don't want to share, so they complained about the three of us swimming past 6:30am. I am so ticked off in so many ways, I could hardly think straight this morning. For starters, two of the three of us already pay for an annual pass (an additional fee on top of the ATAC fee) For seconders, there are empty lanes in the pool not occupied by ANYONE. And finally, the three of us stay in the same lane, so it's not like any of "them" are going to want to get in our lane anyway! They can't kick me or Jenna out - we already pay the stupid extra fee because sometimes we come at times when ATAC isnt practicing. But the idea of them complaining about us taking up lane space is just so irritating. Today, in my lane during ATAC practice, we had 9 people. The other 4 ATAC lanes had a minimum of 7 people. The other 5 lanes in the pool had 2 a piece. If you base the amount we pay for swimming, our $75 fee, plus the annual pass, multiply that x 9 people, and our lane is worth about $900/month. Compare that to say, 2 people/lane at $4 each, the "adult swim" lanes are worth $160/month. How is it then, that THEY get to kick US out of the pool? They already get to determine the pool temperature, sit on our lane lines and break them, and force us to park farther from the pool (yes, it's true - if you are a member of the swim team, no matter how old, you must park in outer darkness, and leave the closer (non-handicapped) parking for every one else. The Bitch & Moan Club is getting on my last nerve. I wish I could win the Power Ball & come up with 100 million semoleons so I could build a pool specifically for the swim team & keep those complainers out of "my" pool.
    Anyway, workout today, which was nice until ruined by the above.

800 back/free
    2 x 400 P
    200 over under
    9 x 100 breast/free on 1:40
    100 easy
    500 drill w/snorkel & fins
    10 x 50 K on 1:00
    500 various
    Total:4500 LCM

Feel like finding a tennis ball & slamming it into the wall a few times right now.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  15. Friday, 04/26/13

by , April 26th, 2013 at 08:20 PM (Grandma Got Run Over By A Swim Team)
    I am so bloomin' tired from weights! OMGoodness, almost every part of my body hurts - even my chest just below my boobs - trying to stretch out my stroke & work on putting in a 6 beat kick, PLUS I bumped up the weights last week, and it's starting to kick in. Feeling better than yesterday for sure, but I am glad I have two days off to recover.

Swam BESIDE ATAC today

600 back/free
    5 x 100 breast/free on 1:45
    400 K
    3 x 400 P on 6:15 - I did get in around the 5:40, but decided I needed extra rest
    200 easy
    500 drill free w/fins & snorkel
    500 breast/free
    600 various

Updated April 28th, 2013 at 10:15 PM by Celestial

Categories
    Uncategorized
  16. Monday, April 22, 2013

by , April 22nd, 2013 at 05:00 PM (Grandma Got Run Over By A Swim Team)
    The weather this year is going to drive me crazy. Super cold (for me) on Saturday, and really on the cool side again this morning - add in the wind chill factor & it made for a very brisk run to the locker room!

This weekend I was determined to do myself in as far as my fingers go. Cut my fingers in three places chopping veggies, sliced two fingers up when I found a razor I didn't expect to find in an older gym bag, cut another finger this morning on lap 3 thanks to the lane line, then got majorly whacked by someone's hand paddle (seriously, I had to double check that the end of my finger was still there), and finally, in the locker room, I managed to burn the side of my hand with my flat iron.

Well.

Could not really get going this morning. Warm water & bumping up the weights last week is my excuse. Did manage to hold up for the entire workout, just wasn't motivated to go for another 2000 like I usually do after the kids get out at 6:30.

600 back/free
    600 P
    300 K
    100 easy
    3 x 200 stroke/free on 3:30
    6 x 100 on 1:30, descending by pairs
    4 x 4 cycle speedplay
    200 easy
    600 various stroke/free
    Total: 3700 LCM

Got to get to the pool M-F this week, as they will be frying my face again on Friday afternoon, which puts me out of the pool on Sat & Sun both. Ah well, what we do to avoid cancer. . .
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  17. Waiting for my Refund!!

by , April 15th, 2013 at 09:08 PM (Grandma Got Run Over By A Swim Team)
    Lovely morning with none of the expected rain! Rained so hard yesterday the guards couldn't put the mats on the pool, so the water was cooler as well. Had a fun set today w/ATAC - so fun I sort of repeated it after the kids got out & went to school.

500 back/free
    500 Pull
    300 Kick
    3 x 200 @ 3:20
    3 x 150 @ 2:30
    3 x 100 @ 1:40
    3 x 50 @ :50
    200 easy (kids out here - which meant the digital clock left as well)

3 x 200 IM
    4 x 150 P
    3 x 100 IM
    4 x 50 free
    200 cool down
    Total: 4900 LCM

Hoping to have a good week swimming w/my new program of the Genie Rub after weights & Shot Blox about 1000-1500 into the workout. It's working well so far & I'm feeling so much stronger & less achy! Thank goodness, I was kind of getting depressed for a week there. . .
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  18. Saturday, April 13, 2013

by , April 13th, 2013 at 11:09 AM (Grandma Got Run Over By A Swim Team)
    Did weights for 45 min before going to practice like I usually do on Tues & Thurs - however, unlike Tues & Thurs, I was swimming with ATAC and not basically solo - usually not a good idea when my arms are achy from weights. But I lasted for 2800 before my arms went into failure, so I consider that a success. Might not have lasted that long if coach hadn't been fussing at the kids & giving us such totally delightful intervals!

600 back/free
    200 - 200 - 100 pull (missed the 2nd 100 bcs my suit was so loose around the shoulders I couldn't focus on my swimming & had to go put on another suit!!)
    4 x 100 K on 2:30
    100 easy
    4 x 100 stroke free on 2:00
    100 easy
    4 x 400 @ 7:00 (used the last one to cool down)
    Total: 3200 LCM

I'm thinking it might not be such a good idea to do weights right before a "real" practice. Perhaps I should either a) skip weights on Saturday, b) not swim with ATAC on Saturday & just swim leisurely on my own (booring!) or c) swim twice - once a quality workout with ATAC, then go to the gym - mess around & get shopping and gardening & housework done & then go back later in the afternoon for a leisurely 2000. Leaning towards "C" at the moment - might need to hire a gardener, pool boy, maid and housekeeper though, lol. Getting old may be better than the alternative, but it still sucks.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  19. Friday, April 12, 2013

by , April 12th, 2013 at 09:47 PM (Grandma Got Run Over By A Swim Team)
    This morning was awesome! Woke up 2 minutes before the alarm went off - pool water was pleasantly cool, and I wasn't achy - in fact, I actually did workout the way I remember doing it.
    500 back/free
    500 locomotive pull
    300 locomotive kick
    5 x 100 something - don't remember
    200 stroke/free, drill/swim by 25's
    12 x 100 @ 1:40, one minute rest after #11, sprint #12
    200 easy
    500 P w/snorkel
    500 P
    6 x 50 kick no fins
    2 x 100 easy
    Total: 4900

Beautiful morning swims!

I Think I've figured out how to do weights & swim. Swam after weights yesterday - slow & crappy, but I swam. Today just as we started the first kick, I ate 3 shock blox, after the kick, I ate the rest. I was not achy at all today, and although I was slightly slower than usual, I did much closer to my usual pace in workout. Big success in my book!
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  20. Thursday, April 11, 2013

by , April 11th, 2013 at 07:36 PM (Grandma Got Run Over By A Swim Team)
    Had a pleasant surprise this morning - was thinking that I would be doing my post-weights swim stretch by myself - but just as I got to the pool, I noticed I had left my phone in the car overnight, and I had three texts from Jenna asking if I would join her at the pool after this morning! So after my 45 mins of weights (she met me at the gym) we went to the pool. Then when we got there, there were two other people I seldom get to see any more because they swim at lunch. Nice little reunion & swim together.
    300 wam-up
    3 x 100 @ 1:30
    50 easy
    3 x 100 @ 1:25
    50 easy
    3 x 100 @ 1:20 (Pull)
    50 easy
    3 x 100 @ 1:20 (fins)
    50 easy
    10 x 50 K @ 1:05
    50 easy
    8 x 25 fly
    150 easy
    Ate 3 shock blox before swimming, but didn't notice any energy surge. DID notice how tired my shoulders & trapezius were, so I'm gonna ask my hubbie to "lawn mower" my back tonight, in hopes that it will loosen me up a bit.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast