Blog Comments

Thanks, guys!
    Those are definitely sprint races.

Like wookie mentioned, keep it fun. For me, entering relays is the ice -breaker for that:-) There's many different possibile reasons (excessive aerobic activity, the day, turns, transitions, motivation, etc) and the masters reset / baseline button can be useful.

Good luck to yourself!
    We all have practices and meets like you experienced. There are times when I make a certain interval and think "wow, I have finally turned the corner" The very next week, I struggle to make an interval that is 10 seconds slower.

Remember, keep it fun. Goals are great motivation for training but keep it fun first.
    Karl - yeah, I just don't remember what it was!! Probably breast
    I agree with jpetyk about the paper products.
    BTW, the workout is nice but the total looks like 3700 to me, not 4k. Did you do a 300 cd that you didn't report?
    I like that workout. Stealing it for tomorrow's solo.

Good luck on the kitchen. That's such a nightmare, but just think about how amazing it will be once it's all over. And the added benefit of a weight loss is a bonus, right?
    If it were me, I would go with paper products until I had a better way to do dishes.
    Yup!
    Glad to hear your back is doing better. Yay! And double good, good luck on the new job. very exciting.
    Sounds like you're on the mend. It's so frustrating for an athlete to be "down" for too long. Hang in there!
    Yes, definitely recovered 90%. Not sure how much I was recovered before I went, as of course, the minute I made my appt, my shoulder stopped hurting. But the morning of the first appt, it started up again.
    Expensive as compared to what? First visit was $80, second was $65 & I don't think insurance of any kind will cover it. Wish I had done it months ago. I spent $40 on a cortisone shot in August that didn't work, and all the pills I've been swallowing. . . .
    Did the accupuncture assist recovery on your shoulder? I would guess recovery is the primary result from it. Is it expensive?
    Eye candy - love it! Great way to start a morning.
    Quote Originally Posted by ekw
    I relate to the speed problem. When I go to Atlanta I love swimming with Heidi because she's faster than me but not blow-me-out-of-the-water faster. I know that if I lived someplace with a team to train with, I would get a lot faster.
    I wish I had a Masters Team to train with too! But we've got to work with what we have. I have a now semi-infamous saying, I know we're supposed to bloom where we're planted. But I want to be transplanted! I'm very fortunate to have Jenna to swim with, but she is literally 20 years younger than myself, and on top of her game right now. She is super driven almost every single day & uses sports as a physical outlet for the emotional stress in her life. I use sport to keep me emotionally balanced too, but I think there's a big difference between the two approaches. Kind of like eating to live vs. living to eat.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    I can empathize with having lost your mojo. I feel similarly, and it definitely has to do with a tough pool situation here. Depressing pools make me depressed. I was wondering if it might also be our age? Dunno ...
    I've been wondering the same thing (age) - but then I see people my age & older who still really "get after it" and so I don't know. It's definitely an individual thing, everyone "ages" at their own pace. It seems to me that the older I get, the more perfect the conditions have to be for me to have a great workout, and what's worse, I have more requirements for perfection. Used to be I only needed cool water & a sunny sky. . . .
    I relate to the speed problem. When I go to Atlanta I love swimming with Heidi because she's faster than me but not blow-me-out-of-the-water faster. I know that if I lived someplace with a team to train with, I would get a lot faster.
    I can empathize with having lost your mojo. I feel similarly, and it definitely has to do with a tough pool situation here. Depressing pools make me depressed. I was wondering if it might also be our age? Dunno ...
    BrendaL - zoomers are short fins, this brand is made by Finis - see below

What are zoomers?
    86F.. that's INSANE! Goodluck on the meet!
Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast